The Suicide Squad Merchandise

DC Multiverse wave from McFarlane Toys.

McFarlane-The-Suicide-Squad-Preview.jpg

*Grace Randolph voice*

No Weasel figure?? The Gunn Brothers are FEUDING!

Considering how vast the cast is, I do wonder if McFarlane has a second wave of figures planned.

I’m enough of a Capaldi stan to actually consider buying a Thinker figure.

Considering how vast the cast is, I do wonder if McFarlane has a second wave of figures planned.

I’m enough of a Capaldi stan to actually consider buying a Thinker figure.
I'm sure we will get figures of the full squad.

BLOODSPORT:

PEACEMAKER:

HARLEY QUINN:

POLKA DOT MAN:

The Gold Label KING SHARK Megafig:

Star Wars Black Series (now( and MacFarland both don’t know how to accurately do the knee are on a figure.

Only Mafex and older Black Series do…

I have to say, I am very disappointed in the lack of merchandise for this movie. I remember back in 2016 there was PLENTY of SS merchandise.

I have to say, I am very disappointed in the lack of merchandise for this movie. I remember back in 2016 there was PLENTY of SS merchandise.
The first one being PG-13 and having the added benefit of two of the most popular DC characters (Joker and Batman) in it made it easier to market. Batman was in that movie for like 3 minutes and he still got an action figure. There was a ton of Harley Quinn merch too since she was the breakout character.

But for this one, I wasn't expecting anything besides a wave or two of collectors figures and Funko Pops. That's kind of how it goes for most superhero movies these days anyway.

They don't like making action figures of R rated properties. Been rule of thumb since my teens, studios don't care how big that market is.

They don't like making action figures of R rated properties. Been rule of thumb since my teens, studios don't care how big that market is.
There have been some pretty big exceptions going back to the '90s. There were whole lines of Terminator 2 and Aliens action figures that were aimed at kids. Sure, kids weren't seeing those movies (for the most part anyway) but the toys still sold. Anything beyond that are aimed at collectors. Companies like NECA and McFarlane have tackled tons of R-rated properties over the years.

Interestingly, the only R-rated DC property that there was no merchandise for at all is Joker, which is absolutely wild considering he's arguably the most popular DC villain and probably the most popular comic book villain of all time. I understand that it's not the type of movie that would translate well to action figures but there wasn't even a Funko Pop of Arthur as the Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"