The Dark Knight Rises The TDK/BB Blu-Ray Re-Release Thread

Having said that, my understanding is that the trilogy release will be pretty hefty.

images

That's the theory. There is additional content they have been working on, but they felt there was a market to do a double dip prior to the release of TDKR for numerous reasons. My sources had mentioned potentially adding on the TDKR prologue, but in the end its all about overhead. It's cheaper for WB to just reissue the original blu-rays in a new package and call it good for the time being. There was talk of adding a "coupon" with a code you could enter online to "unlock" the prologue digitally, but that never got off the ground.

Since the steelbooks had previously been released in other markets, this was a nice compromise and a way to generate some BD revenue.

Having said that, my understanding is that the trilogy release will be pretty hefty.

Thanks for the explanation, first of all :up:. Oh no. Oh no, no, no. No TDKR Prologue? Why did I get my hopes up? :waa:

So... is there anything basically new with this blu ray for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? I already have 2 copies of TDK on DVD and the blu ray Batpod set and BB on DVD; is there anything worth buying with these ones or am I better off finding the BB Limited Edition Blu Ray set?

I am willing to suck it up and double dip on a trilogy box set if they give us something along the lines pf the Alien box sets with a bunch of goodies . A nice 3 hr retospective documentary on the trilogy . A doc on rogues gallery . A doc on thr bat fans and fan films etccc .

And they better not weait a year to release the trilogy set , I want it out the same day as the TDKR release date .

I am willing to suck it up and double dip on a trilogy box set if they give us something along the lines pf the Alien box sets with a bunch of goodies . A nice 3 hr retospective documentary on the trilogy . A doc on rogues gallery . A doc on thr bat fans and fan films etccc .

And they better not weait a year to release the trilogy set , I want it out the same day as the TDKR release date .

Slated for Christmas. Subject to change.

As awesome as that steelbook looks, I'm just going to wait for the trilogy box set.

Let's just hope the box set looks as good as the re-release does. Bat symbol cover FTW.

Plus, my OCD will not tolerate a Blu-Ray with TDK listed first.

Yeah, definitely doesn't take a marketing genius to realize that Christmas 2012 is the best possible time to capitalize on the popularity of the franchise and release the box set. WB would be pretty silly not to have their ducks in a row by then.

Still, very excited to hear that it's in the works. Thanks Gill!

if I buy this, it's just for the steelbook (and I would have lost count how many BB and TDK I own... :o)

Like a lot of you I'm just gonna wait for the trilogy set come this December but there's a good chance it might not be the definitive one with double dipping etc. However I do hope they go for the simple minimalist look for the cover with just the Bat symbol.

Question for Gill (if he reads this)

Are there more interviews with Heath or anything behind the scenes with him that exists, and if so will it ever see the light of day?

Question for Gill (if he reads this)

Are there more interviews with Heath or anything behind the scenes with him that exists, and if so will it ever see the light of day?

I would pay anything to see that. I still hope for a Nolan/Bale commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"