Sequels The Trouble with Gambit

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have been working on an X-Men age caterloge, basically each character from the movie i looked at the actor who played the roles and calculated with there age now and to what age there would of been during the movies. They all pretty much work out ok. Except for Gambit.

Now my theory is this, the actors that played the roles from the movie they first appeared in is the age the actor is at the time is the age the actor is playing...

That makes certain characters. Professor X was 66 when he was demolecorilzed by Phoenix is x3, magneto would of been one year older... This age bracket works out quiet well.

There were certain characters you couldnt base on the actors age like Wolverine and Sabretooth so i looked at the younger actors that played them roles and found that Hugh Jackman if he was playing Wolverine in X-Men 4 in 2010 he would be the age of 179 this was worked out that in 1845 to which the movie X-Men origins Wolverine started showed the young actor who played wolverine, the actor who played young wolverine was aged 13 turn of purperty when mutation would of set in as it did in the movie. Now working 13 years before that means wolverine would of been born in 1832. and by 2010 he would of been 179

all the characters are fine considering...

Deadpool would be aged in his 60's but can easily be explained that he has the same healing factor as wolverine so Ryan Renolds although with a scared face would still look as young as 30 odd when he was in the wolverine movie because from that point he wouldnt of aged the same rate as everyone else.

Blob on the other hand if he was in the brotherhood if he was to appear in the x-men 4 movie. He would be in his 60's... now even though he is younger in normal comic times i think a Blob aged 60 could work because his overall look wouldnt be much different.

But the only mutant we have a problem with is Gambit...

If you go by the actor who was 27 during the movie... working it out Gambit appeared in the x-men universe of 1981 - Gambit would be 56 if he appeard in x-men 4 in 2010 Making him too old. Oh and the year was worked out by when stryker first met wolverine and sabretooth at the end of vietnam war in 1975 where it was 6 years later that he left the weapon x team. making it 1981.

So i have a theory
Gambit had to have been the age of 18 during x-men origins wolverine... two years ago he would of been 16 when he was captured by stryker. escaped ended up back in new orleans... now back in 1981 drinking laws would of probably not been taken as seriously as it is today.

In theory Gambit would then be 47 if he was to appear in x-men 4 in 2010

Problem though

Rogue actress would be aged 27 a whole 20 year difference. So any character interaction would be a little weird of they got together. However, the actor Josh Holloway was going to play the part of Gambit, he is currently aged 40 would be 41 next year. and if we look at lost Evangeline Lilly - the actress who plays kate is currently 30 will be 31 in 2010 but you wouldnt tell the difference in age between holloway and lilly. So im thinking if we recast Gambit and say he is in his early 40's possibly pushing it to late 30's and have Rogue appear older making the gap nearer to 10 years then i think Gambit could work...

What is everyones generall idea of this?

Why not introduce Mr Sinister. Then make Gambit the biological son of Sinister so that he can inherit Sinister's healing factor which makes him age slower. Then he can appear in X-Men 4 played by the same actor.

I'm sure in the comics, Gambit was meant to be the unaltered clone of Sinister or something. Making him his son would make more sense than being a clone. The Mutant massacre could happen sometime between XOW and X4 which would give Gambit a dark secret to try and hide from Rogue and the X-Men. Then Sinister could show up and things get complicated.

Just a random idea but would cut out any clone or time travel crap.

I think they should just have him work for Sinister and say Sinister experimented on him to make him age slower then usual. They can also use the same reason to explain why Sabretooth is more of a mindless monster in X1. It's not much of a stretch for Sinister to experiment on his Marauders to "enhance them." In the comics he made clones of his Marauders so they could serve him longer so it would make sense for him to slow their aging in the movies for a similar reason.

I think they should just have him work for Sinister and say Sinister experimented on him to make him age slower then usual. They can also use the same reason to explain why Sabretooth is more of a mindless monster in X1. It's not much of a stretch for Sinister to experiment on his Marauders to "enhance them." In the comics he made clones of his Marauders so they could serve him longer so it would make sense for him to slow their aging in the movies for a similar reason.

I love the idea of Sinister experimenting on Gambit and Sabretooth and accounting for Gambit's non-ageing and Sabretooth's more animalistic look.

As for other points raised, not sure we are ever going to see Gambit in an X4 or in a romance with Rogue though.

Er, I always saw Taylor's Gambit as a young Gambit. Like, 2 or 3 years older than Scott... There's nothing wrong with his age.

Er, I always saw Taylor's Gambit as a young Gambit. Like, 2 or 3 years older than Scott... There's nothing wrong with his age.

Yeah I didnt think Gambit was too much older than the mutant kids in the prison.

This is what I always figured as well. Taylor is actually only a couple years older than Tim Poccock. So they work out.

I always assumed that Cyke was about 17 or so in Wolverine, and Gambit was about 19-21 or so.

Also, if Gambit was 27, which would be about 10 years older than Scott.. how would that make him 56 in the later films? Unless Scott is 46. :huh:

I was going on a princple that Gambit the character was 18 in the movie, then if he appeared in the future movie he would then be 56 older than Cyclops

Hmmm i just had a theory. What if Wolverine was recruited in vietname to join Team X - in 1975 But left a few years later, that really does change everything. Wolverine was with his Team X for quiet some years in the comics before he doned the adamantium... Hmmm. What if Wolverine had left Team X in 1980 so he had 5 years of doing what comes natural to him and he gave up at the turn of the 80's - 6 years later we have the year as 1986 - Tayler is playing a 18 year old gambit moving foward to 2009 he would then be aged 42 - were getting nearer the age of the characters in the film... Hmmm let me re-watch the footage again and see what i can come up with

I was going on a princple that Gambit the character was 18 in the movie, then if he appeared in the future movie he would then be 56 older than Cyclops
Wait.. if he's 18 in the movie, then he's about the same age as Cyclops. . .

:huh:

Got it, ok just rewatched the scene and this is what i can see.

The scene starts with Stryker offering Wolverine and Sabretooth a role in his special team then we jump to lagos... now i wikied some info on gangs that were around during that time and what i found interesting was that the period they show, the elevator, the technology right down to the idea of Diamonds, this had to have taken place in the early 80's possbly 1983 - if this is so then we can recalculate that the scene that took place 6 years later was in 1989 - To which Gambit was playing an 18 year old so in theory recalculating - Gambit would of been 38 making him - which if we match him up to Cyclops if he was around in 2009 would of been 36 - making him two years younger than Gambit....

YES I AM A GENIUS... X-Men Movie Universe FIXED

Yes

The Age Of Mutants Characters Of The X-Men Movie Universe IF they managed to survive to 2009.

------------------
Wolverine - 177
Sabretooth - 178
Stryker - 80
Deadpool - 64
Wraith - 65
Blob - 66
Bolt - 64
Agent Zero - 61
Silverfox - 55
Gambit - 38
White Queen - 36
Cyclops - 36
Storm - 43
Toad - 35
Jason - 38
Professor X - 69
Magneto - 70
Phoenix - 44
Beast - 54
Mystique - 37
Rogue - 27
Iceman - 30
Pyro - 32
Colossus - 28
Nightcrawler - 44
Deathstrike - 41
Siren - 21
Artie - 20
Jubilee - 23
Shadowcat - 22
Angel - 29
Multipleman - 37
Juggernaut - 44
Calisto - 30
Quills - 39
Psylocke - 29
Archlight - 25
Leech - 16

Hmmm I just had a theory. What if Wolverine was recruited in vietname to join Team X - in 1975 But left a few years later
yes, I always assumed that he spent atleast a few years with Team X before he left (other wise the timeline doesn't really fit)

its an interesting theory you've developed here, with figuring out ages..

but, basing it on the actors age instead of the characters, makes it kinda flawed, as the original cast was kinda all of the place with they ages, not always fitting they character

also, your basing the timeline, in real time, instead of movie time, in saying that the new movie would be set in 2009, or that the original movie was set in 2000 (we were just have this disusing in one the other threads about the whole "not too distant future" time line)

just food for thought

Last edited:
Why not introduce Mr Sinister. Then make Gambit the biological son of Sinister so that he can inherit Sinister's healing factor which makes him age slower. Then he can appear in X-Men 4 played by the same actor.

I'm sure in the comics, Gambit was meant to be the unaltered clone of Sinister or something. Making him his son would make more sense than being a clone. The Mutant massacre could happen sometime between XOW and X4 which would give Gambit a dark secret to try and hide from Rogue and the X-Men. Then Sinister could show up and things get complicated.

Just a random idea but would cut out any clone or time travel crap.

In the movieverse...I always said to the period of time from Wolverine to X4, to explain Gambit's youthful appearance, it was Sinister's experiments. Pretty simple, not too crazy. I wouldn't say healing factor...we already have quite a few characters in the films with healing factors, so I think the best result would be to say its a side effect/by product of SInister
s experiments on Gambit, and the Other Marauders, even Sinister himself.

Hmm... This may not work, but how about the Elixir of Life? Isn't that something they have in the Guild to keep themselves young?

Ugh, this thread in unnecessary as Gambit's age is FINE in the movie-verse. He's the same age group as Scott, Jean, and Storm.

I think a lot of people want him to be closer to Rogue's age then to Scott's or Jean's though.

I don't see why it would matter.

I assume it's because they want the two to hook up and they deem it creepy if Gambit is way older.

They probably also want Taylor Kitsch to come back as well.

Except Rogue is a woman now. It would be no different if they got Josh Halloway, like Lauren SD wanted.

In a movie that's never going to happen.

Its not so much that we want the Rogue/Gambit thing to happen and having a 20 something girl going out with a near 50 guy would be weird.

Its the fact that were stating that Gambit is older than Cyclops when in the comics he is at least 10 years younger than Cyclops. The movie kind of messed that up a bit. However just wanted to clear up a few facts...

My age theory is based on both characters age and actors age... because you couldnt go by either one or the other. So i found the best fit. a mixture of actors ages and characters depiction.

And im saying in 2009 if x-men 4 was made in say 2009 the characters age would be as above list i gave.

I think its not actually that bad. But the only problem was Gambit. But now i think this issue is resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"