Arrow The Vertigo Thread!

Tonight's episode was awesome, I actually really liked this take on The Count, I thought he did a great job in the scenes he was in. I really didn't see The Joker in him, I mean yes he was insane and a little over the top. but not as much as I thought when I read the interview with the actor.

I liked him, but he did come off as a little too Joker (to me).

He was pretty much Joker/Scarecrow mix. The scene at the end when Arrow storms his lair was straight out of Begins. It was a good performance from the actor though; I wish he had been in more scenes.

He was pretty much Joker/Scarecrow mix. The scene at the end when Arrow storms his lair was straight out of Begins. It was a good performance from the actor though; I wish he had been in more scenes.

:up:

Now that he's been OD'd on Vertigo, does anybody think the character will be more closely aligned with the traditional Count Vertigo? It seems like the character might come back with some kind of prosthesis that he would be able to use against people.

I really enjoyed the drug dealer re-interpretation for this series though.My only disappointment was that I thought they should've given his story more of a slow burn as a rising threat rather than quickly introducing him in one episode

I thought he was alot like Scarecrow from the Batman films. Drug Dealer who his slightly quirky.

I saw it more as "The Raid: Compressed".

I liked Gabel as Vertigo, but it kinda felt like the performance would've worked better in an animated series or something. Here it felt like a bit of a weird culture clash.

I liked the guy playing Vertigo. He had a creepy vibe, slightly over-the-top, but I was fine with that. I'm glad they didn't kill him off. I think he should be a recurring menace for Arrow.

It's the same as Scarecrow was in begins. You have people who are "YES!" because its so fresh and cool, then you have the people who just want him off screen because he's way over the top.

I personally thought it was neccessary to have such a character. A charismatic pyscho. I mean, so far all of the bad guys fall into the category of good guy gone bad due to hardship (royal gang, firefly) or bad guy for profit (Deadshot, Ted).

The count was just a nutjob. Sure he profited, but he killed people he got no gain out of killing. Thats not something we've seen so far. And whether people like it or not, over the top acting is pretty much a staple for pyschotic villains in media.

Only catching up on the show and really enjoying but my god this Vertigo is terrible. What a ham.

I liked Gabel as Vertigo, but it kinda felt like the performance would've worked better in an animated series or something. Here it felt like a bit of a weird culture clash.

It was a performance worthy of Batman '66.

I'm so sick of people complaining over Vertigo.He was the only villain with a personality in the first season besides Malcolm.If Ledger had been the Joker on this show,people would be saying how over the top he was,I guess.

I'm so sick of people complaining over Vertigo.He was the only villain with a personality in the first season besides Malcolm.If Ledger had been the Joker on this show,people would be saying how over the top he was,I guess.

Completely agree. I'm surprised by the the amount of hate he gets here in relation to other forums.

The character was fine. The actor was the problem. I don't mind over-the-top characters, but the actor has to actually be good.

I wasn't a fan. I agree that I thought the actor was over the top. Corny and not threatening at all.

I think that the writting was alright, but the actor was over the top an more annoying than threatening. Not a fan of all the Ledger wannabes.

Count Vertigo had potencial to be a Season big bad, since along with Merlyn he's one of Green Arrow's biggest enemies, Unfortunatelly it doesn't seem like they're going to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"