• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Vice-President Joseph Biden Thread: 'Jury Duty' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archangel, Biden knows more about policy than John McCain, I can tell you that much. He's got more experience dealing with it than McCain and he's far more respected around the world with other foreign leaders than McCain is.

Archangel, Biden knows more about policy than John McCain, I can tell you that much. He's got more experience dealing with it than McCain and he's far more respected around the world with other foreign leaders than McCain is.

It's one thing to know policy, it's another thing to be an effective communicator of said policy.

Just like in car sales, you can be a guy that can rattle off details about a vehicle and not sell a single car or you can be a guy who simply says things like, "But this baby can go zooooommm!" and sell out the inventory.

From what I've seen of Biden, I think he's going to be hampered in trying to communicate credibility to the American people. That is what I'm predicting.

We'll see if I'm correct or not.

The 911 for truth people (aka truthers) are ******ed people with over active imaginations

:)

but as for the Invasion of Iraq, that actually has some credence. Every reason give to us as to why we went into
Iraq has been disproved. So either the government was extremely incompetent or they knowingly mislead.
I'm going to go with extreme incompetence.

Yes, it is partially about work ethic. Obama was a B/C student when in high school and junior college because he just didn't try hard enough. But getting Magna *** Laude at Harvard Law is not easy. Hell, getting a degree from an Ivy League school is not easy. That's partially why I think Bush is a hell of a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Obama was also the editor for the Harvard Law Review, meaning he had to know his law stuff pretty darn well.

How did he get into Ivy league with such bad to average grades?

What did Obama and his wife do to make millions?
Really...he is a street agitator that has done dealings with really shady people

.... just askin...

It's one thing to know policy, it's another thing to be an effective communicator of said policy.

Just like in car sales, you can be a guy that can rattle off details about a vehicle and not sell a single car or you can be a guy who simply says things like, "But this baby can go zooooommm!" and sell out the inventory.

From what I've seen of Biden, I think he's going to be hampered in trying to communicate credibility to the American people. That is what I'm predicting.

We'll see if I'm correct or not.

Biden is known as a straight talker. I don't see why you think he'll have a hard time with credibility. He's a lot more direct in his answers than Obama (or John Kerry, the 2004 candidate).

Biden is known as a straight talker. I don't see why you think he'll have a hard time with credibility. He's a lot more direct in his answers than Obama (or John Kerry, the 2004 candidate).

Truth be told, it's because Democrats have a hard time communicating credibility with the American people. It's largely why they are kept out of power most of the time.

For the most part, it's why they've been kept out of power for the last 50 years.

Look at who ran for the Democratic leadership compared with the Republican leadership. Most of the contenders that ran for the Republicans were state governors or accomplished people in business. Compare this with the top two contenders for the Democratic party, Hillary and Obama. Hillary was a junior senator, despite her experience and Obama's actual accomplishments in the Senate are somewhat thin.

Now that things are getting serious and people are starting to ask hard questions, Obama is starting to fall behind in the polls. I'm guessing that Biden was chosen for VP because he's capable of deflecting the hard questions away from Obama and make him less of a target.

Truth be told, it's because Democrats have a hard time communicating credibility with the American people. It's largely why they are kept out of power most of the time.

For the most part, it's why they've been kept out of power for the last 50 years.

Look at who ran for the Democratic leadership compared with the Republican leadership. Most of the contenders that ran for the Republicans were state governors or accomplished people in business. Compare this with the top two contenders for the Democratic party, Hillary and Obama. Hillary was a junior senator, despite her experience and Obama's actual accomplishments in the Senate are somewhat thin.

Now that things are getting serious and people are starting to ask hard questions, Obama is starting to fall behind in the polls. I'm guessing that Biden was chosen for VP because he's capable of deflecting the hard questions away from Obama and make him less of a target.

Have you looked at Congress though? The Democrats held power in Congress for a very long time up until 1994. And they've got power right now (and make fools of themselves every day, just like the Republicans who were in control from 1994 to 2006).

Please elaborate.

I think more of the dog **** on the bottom of my shoe than of Joseph Biden. I despise him. I was on the fence about Obama, but this clinches the deal for me.

He is a very bad man and a proven liar. And those are the nicest things I can say about him.

I think more of the dog **** on the bottom of my shoe than of Joseph Biden. I despise him. I was on the fence about Obama, but this clinches the deal for me.

He is a very bad man and a proven liar. And those are the nicest things I can say about him.

Examples of Biden's lies?

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dU7yhHWuTC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dU7yhHWuTC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Great speech. The stuff about how the firefighters helped save his life and the lives of his children is compelling.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPOAKXBi9Pw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPOAKXBi9Pw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7Y8AFctpjo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7Y8AFctpjo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

:hehe: :hehe:

I don't know if I've ever seen someone legitimately take a candidate's credibility away so effectively without the other guy having a scandal, etc.

I'm not a pollster, but I'd bet you weren't going to vote for him anyway.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPOAKXBi9Pw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPOAKXBi9Pw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7Y8AFctpjo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7Y8AFctpjo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

:hehe: :hehe:

I don't know if I've ever seen someone legitimately take a candidate's credibility away so effectively without the other guy having a scandal, etc.

The look on his face at the end of that second video was brilliant. God how I wish this ticket were the other way around, now that would be a ticket I could get behind.

But at the end of the day...what did a statement like that do for Biden? Jack. Rudy's campaign was already over because of his stupid, stupid Florida strategy, so I don't really think anyone can claim Biden sunk it. It certainly didn't help him in the polls. It made hardcore Ds orgasm and say things like "JOWNED Biden." But now we are out of the primaries. Hardcore, straight ticket Ds no longer should matter to this campaign. What matters are independents and if Biden dared to say something like "A noun, a verb, and P.O.W." on a campaign that has promised to be not do that kind of mud slinging...well...its going to send a lot of independents right into McCain's camp. Biden was the best bad choice...because lets face it, Obama's shortlist sucked. But he is going to need to learn to keep his mouth shut or he will ensure an Obama loss.

Besides, everyone expecting a hardcore attack dog will be disappointed anyhow, McCain and Biden are close friends. I really doubt Biden is going to tear him apart.

You do realize that Biden has done more for Women's rights in the last 25 years than any other senator, man or woman?????

You do know that right?

DAAAAYYYUUUMMM....

lol..............................Biden's book, since yesterday, has bumped to the top 10 bestsellers list at B&A......goood grief. Overnight....

The look on his face at the end of that second video was brilliant. God how I wish this ticket were the other way around, now that would be a ticket I could get behind.

But at the end of the day...what did a statement like that do for Biden? Jack. Rudy's campaign was already over because of his stupid, stupid Florida strategy, so I don't really think anyone can claim Biden sunk it. It certainly didn't help him in the polls. It made hardcore Ds orgasm and say things like "JOWNED Biden." But now we are out of the primaries. Hardcore, straight ticket Ds no longer should matter to this campaign. What matters are independents and if Biden dared to say something like "A noun, a verb, and P.O.W." on a campaign that has promised to be not do that kind of mud slinging...well...its going to send a lot of independents right into McCain's camp. Biden was the best bad choice...because lets face it, Obama's shortlist sucked. But he is going to need to learn to keep his mouth shut or he will ensure an Obama loss.

Besides, everyone expecting a hardcore attack dog will be disappointed anyhow, McCain and Biden are close friends. I really doubt Biden is going to tear him apart.

I think that is why I've been so mad at Biden over the last few years.......he has everything that is needed for a strong president, but his damn mouth has his foot in it too often to get on the ticket as PRESIDENT.

But, the more I think about this......as many positives as Biden has, and I listed a few of them yesterday. I have a feeling this is going to end up biting Obama in the ass.

The 911 for truth people (aka truthers) are ******ed people with over active imaginations but as for the Invasion of Iraq, that actually has some credence. Every reason give to us as to why we went into Iraq has been disproved. So either the government was extremely incompetent or they knowingly mislead.

:)

I'm going to go with extreme incompetence.

We know exactly why the intel in Iraq was so wrong - the Iraqi Generals believed that Iraq had WMD's because thats Saddam told everyone. Saddam believed that if Iran knew Iraq didn't have WMD's - he would lose position in the region and he was not going to let that happen. So he told everyone in his administration he DID have WMD's and was never going to back down.

When American Ops bought information from Iraqi Generals, the information was, of course, flawed - but the Generals didn't know that.

This was why Bill Clinton, Joe Biden and George W. Bush all believed that Iraq DID have WMDs.

I'm not a pollster, but I'd bet you weren't going to vote for him anyway.
Keep your day job.
You do realize that Biden has done more for Women's rights in the last 25 years than any other senator, man or woman?????
So I should be thankful to a liar and a scumbag just because he used a little common sense. :whatever: (more likely it was political pandering, anyway)

In politics, it's well understood that it's never meant to be personal when positions are taken and attacked.

They are both strong men who can both dish it and take it.

So you'll support a politician because he's taken positions you support, despite the fact that he might be a criminal or corrupt?

I'm not actually commenting on Biden himself, but just following the mindset that is presented.

Ask that question to the people of Youngstown Ohio. Jim Trafficant may have been a corrupt bastard who took more bribes than a crooked cop, but he also fought for his electorate, and Youngstown has been going even further down hill since Trafficant lost his seat and was imprisoned.

Nixon was just stupid. He would've been remembered as the best president since Truman if he wasn't so paranoid. There was no need to bug the Watergate. Nixon was set to win in a landslide, but he let his paranoia get the best of him and it cost him everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"