The "Who Would You Cast Instead" Thread

For a cast on the younger end.

Reed Richards: Matt Smith
Sue Storm: Emma Watson
Johnny Storm :Taron Egerton
Ben Grimm: Tom Hardy

Not bad.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Lee Pace, Richard Armitage, Mads Mikkelsen, or Christopher Eccleston could probably all play Doom if the part was well-written and directed.

I said back at the time of casting ROTSS, that I wanted Vin Diesel for Surfer. One because he lobbied for the role, and two because I think he's an underrated actor. People think of him as just an action star, but he's done some great dramatic roles (Find me Guilty). But the main reason is he's the one guy I can see as Norin Radd and Surfer. I think if they bring him back. In ROTSS, they only told of Norrin Radd through exposition, but this time I want to see the back story.

However Vin's got the same issue as Lee Pace, in that I don't know if they'd consider casting the same guy twice for dual roles.

Vin Diesel's probably got a chance at an onscreen role. As long as he doesn't use his Groot voice it should be fine. I'm not sure if he'd be their top pick for Surfer, though.

I could actually see MBJ as a good Surfer, though I'm not sure anyone involved would be completely comfortable casting part of this FF cast in different roles in a separate FF franchise. They (Marvel) might be more inclined to use them in roles completely unrelated to the Fantastic Four.

I actually haven't given this much thought because the cast truly was a good one, the director just had no clue what he was doing with them.

Btw, I personally think Lee Pace would make a better Doctor Doom than Reed Richards. He did an exceptional job as Ronan but with a villain like Doom? In the hands of a powerful writer and director it'd be glorious.
I could see that.

I like the suggestion of Andrew Garfield for Reed. Personally, I still like Andrew Scott for Doom, despite his type-casting as more insane villains. Mikkelson would be great, but by the time another reboot comes out, he'll likely be too old.

I could easily still see Diesel getting an on screen role, but as Black Bolt. Paul Bettany would've made an excellent Silver Surfer as well. I think Jude Law or Ewan McGregor would do great as SS though.

Reed Richards - Andrew Garfield
tumblr_inline_nrjtd4qbxw1t9nbob_500.gif

Sue Storm - Teresa Palmer
tumblr_ly0p4jq5zG1r0jqgi.gif

Johnny Storm - Dylan O'Brien
large.gif

Ben Grimm - Vin Diesel
giphy.gif

Honestly, I just threw Vin Diesel in there. I don't really know who I'd cast as Ben.

Last edited:
My take:
George Clooney - Reed Richards
svOaDBa8AAPcI.gif

Naomi Watts - Sue Storm
gUBx7pg0JUtZS.gif

Scott Eastwood - Johnny Storm
12WSWnKaXcwCas.gif

Jeffrey Dean Morgan - Ben Grimm (I know he's Thomas Wayne in BvS)
vxv7h7aR2QVWM.gif

Mads Mikkelsen - Victor Von Doom
9iNSvyaenKgco.gif

I know he's much older, but it would be nice to see a seasoned Clooney against RDJ. Also, I'm saddened that it looks like Mads as Doom is gone, but would be a great addition to Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I like most of the cast and am surprised Victor was the worst of the group.

Seems like everyone casts Ben way older than the other three.

I'd go for a cast in the 30-40 age range; not inappropriately young yet still young enough for continuity purposes.

Reed Richards - Hugh Dancy/Matthew Gray Gubler
Sue Storm - Taylor Schilling
Johnny Storm - Hunter Parrish
Ben Grimm - Jeffrey Dean Morgan (can't find anyone in the mid-30's range)

Reed
635587450749261638-XXX-AndrewLincoln-portrait344.JPG

Ben

Sue
jurassic%20world.jpg

Johnny
maze-runner-3-800.jpg

Doom
article-2685403-1F7EC01200000578-451_306x423.jpg

Reed Richards - Andrew Garfield
tumblr_inline_nrjtd4qbxw1t9nbob_500.gif

Sue Storm - Emma Stone (go big or go home)
giphy.gif

Johnny Storm - Dylan O'Brien
large.gif

Ben Grimm - Alan Ritchson
Alan-Ritchson-Mr-Porter-002-800x490.jpg

That's how I would do it :b

Last edited:
I've been watching Turn, and I think Ian Kahn (who plays George Washington) could play a good Reed:

1515309e3ecb4325f931d0c4a46c9809.jpg

Last edited:
Reed: Jon Hamm
Sue: Alice Eve
Ben: Bobby Cannavale
Johnny: Zac Efron

I like Miles in the role, and I reluctantly like Jordan. I also think Andrew Garfield could be funny as Johnny but it depends on if people need him to be blonde. I think Garfield would have better chemistry with an actress who is supposed to he his sister.
I have no idea who I would cast for Ben nor do I know if the reason I liked the Thing after the transformation was because of anything Jamie did. I usually hate The very idea of The Thing but in this movie I sympathized with him and despite his physical form I felt he was more human than the horrible one from the 2005 film.
Teresa Palmer would be interesting choice, but I am not to sold on making them teenagers, I think they would be better as mid 20 somethings in college. Mara was OK as Sue except she was bland and had no arc, but I can't help but to want someone who looks different and could give the character some personality.

If anything the only one who should be in college is Johnny, everyone else should be mature already.

Dylan O'Brien as Johnny would be superb! And I think I thought of Lee Pace as Doctor Doom when seeing him play Ronan the Accurser last year. Also, Vin Diesel can still play a live acting role. Look at what John Rhys Davies did when playing Gimli and Treebeard in LOTR.

I was just thinking that Charlie Rowe could be a good choice for Johnny. He was supposedly Marvel's second choice for Spider-Man. I do think he has the talent for it and seems to have the right personality for the role. Just need to dye his hair blonde. Plus, he's the same age as Holland which works for presenting the Spidey/Torch friendship.

His american accent is atrocious though, definitely bogs down his performance

Though this isn't the cast I wanted....I think they deserve a chance with another writer, director and studio.

Though this isn't the cast I wanted....I think they deserve a chance with another writer, director and studio.
I feel kind of bad for the actors. They're talented, and maybe they do deserve another chance... but I'd much prefer another cast. Teller, Bell, and Jordan simply don't fit the bill for their respective roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"