The "Who Would You Cast Instead" Thread

I dont want them going young again.

That being said I do think that's a pretty good cast even though it would never happen. But as I said I dont want them to be young

By the time a new FF movie would be viable it wouldn't be a problem.

Richards---Alexis Denisof
Susan---Charlize Theron (if older), younger Rachel McAdams
Johnny--Logan Lerman or Zac Efron
Ben--???

Doom--Mads Mikkelsen for the total performance but if we are needing just a voice behind the armor, Bill Nighy would be ideal

For a cast on the younger end.

Reed Richards: Matt Smith
Sue Storm: Emma Watson
Johnny Storm :Taron Egerton
Ben Grimm: Tom Hardy

Bring back Ioan Gruffudd as Mr. Fantastic
Sue Storm: Elizabeth Banks
Johnny Storm: Liam Hemsworth
Ben Grimm: Karl Urban

Doctor Doom: Benedict Cumberbatch
Mole Man: Danny Devito

I wouldn't mind Ioan Gruffudd playing Reed again, but we all know that's not going to happen. I don't mind Jessica Chastain to be Sue but I do think she's too tall. I want her for Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) anyway. As for Johnny I too agree that he should be younger around Peter Parker's age so that rules out Zac Efron, sorry but Alex Pettyfer would have been sweet. Anyway...

Reed Richards: Alexis Denisof/Jason Bateman/Patrick Dempsey
Susan Storm: Jennifer Morrison/Keri Russell
Ben Grimm: Joel Edgerton/Tom Hardy
Johnny Storm: *cannot decide*

Doctor Doom: Mads Mikkelson would go hand in hand with Denisof I suppose. But for Doom in costume I for some reason want him played by an actor like how David Prowse was Darth Vader in costume but with Mads providing his voice, just so he actually looks physically imposing.

The cast I've been pushing for is

Reed Richards - Hugh Dancy / Jon Hamm
Sue Storm - Alice Eve
Johnny Storm - Zac Efron
Ben Grimm - Joel Edgerton
Victor Von Doom - Richard Armitage
Harvey Elder - Eddie Marsan

For a cast on the younger end.

Reed Richards: Matt Smith
Sue Storm: Emma Watson
Johnny Storm :Taron Egerton
Ben Grimm: Tom Hardy

Doctor Doom : Richard Armitage

Btw, I liked the suggestions of Jennifer Morrison and Keri Russell as Sue stormm. They both play kick butt moms and would both bring spunk and excitement to the role which has been lacking in previous portrayals.

My "MCU Fantastic Four" cast:

Andrew Garfield as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

zsw9ya.jpg

Emma Stone as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman

2v3ovx2.jpg

Zac Efron as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch

9fxmro.jpg

John Cena as Ben Grimm/The Thing

2s1niw4.jpg

And I'll add:

Eddie Redmayne as Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom

1jufjn.jpg

And...

Tom Kenny as H.E.R.B.I.E. (Voice only)(Duh)

21930xe.jpg

Funny thing: He has played another MCU 'character' before.

I never understood why people said Andrew looked too old to be a teenager in Spiderman. The first time I saw him I thought he looked 20. If anti young cast is the thing, I would think Andrew is a bad choice. Zac also looks young.

I never understood why people said Andrew looked too old to be a teenager in Spiderman. The first time I saw him I thought he looked 20. If anti young cast is the thing, I would think Andrew is a bad choice. Zac also looks young.

I think characterization is the key. You can't say he looks the same age in The Amazing Spider-Man

Andrew+Garfield.jpg

Than he does in Silence

silence-andrew-garfield-scorsese.jpg

Just look at both Jesse Eisenberg and Jared Leto. A LOT of people said they looked too young for the roles (even though their ages were ok) but, personally, I totally buy them as Luthor and The Joker.

The rest I'm pretty open to several actors.

But Doom? Gotta be this guy:

wpid-mads-mikkelsen-jpg.jpeg

The casting is pointless now, because by the time another F4 can be made it'll be 10-15 years. Who knows what actors will be good in the roles in 2025.

I'll say it again, although he is too old now, Justin Timberlake was the ideal Johnny Storm...Efron would be his natural successor.

The audience needs to believe that Johnny Storm can double as a pop star.

I'll say it again, although he is too old now, Justin Timberlake was the ideal Johnny Storm...Efron would be his natural successor.

The audience needs to believe that Johnny Storm can double as a pop star.

I think you're confusing Johnny Storm with Dazzler.

Honestly I didn't think the casting was the issue, the story was.

Matthew Mcconaughey for Reed
Elizabeth Banks for Sue
Joel Edgerton for Ben
Garrett Hedlund for Johnny
Mads Mikkelsen for Victor
Doug Jones back for Silver Surfer

I actually still think the perfect Doom would be Benedict Cumberbatch, but he's obviously already taken.

He was one of my Doom picks as well. Strong presence, booming voice, talented actor overall. He would've bee great.

Mel Gibson or Tim Robbins for Franklin Storm.

I actually still think the perfect Doom would be Benedict Cumberbatch, but he's obviously already taken.

If Marvel got the Fantastic Four rights back they could make Doctor Doom & Doctor Strange twins separated at birth.:cwink:

Matthew Mcconaughey for Reed
Elizabeth Banks for Sue
Joel Edgerton for Ben
Garrett Hedlund for Johnny
Mads Mikkelsen for Victor
Doug Jones back for Silver Surfer

you and i are on the same page.

Lee Pace as Reed Richards
Rachel McAdams as Sue Storm
Garrett Hedlund as Johnny Storm
Geoff Stults as Ben Grimm
Joaquin Phoenix as Doctor Doom

Last edited:
I actually haven't given this much thought because the cast truly was a good one, the director just had no clue what he was doing with them.

Btw, I personally think Lee Pace would make a better Doctor Doom than Reed Richards. He did an exceptional job as Ronan but with a villain like Doom? In the hands of a powerful writer and director it'd be glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"