• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The "Who Would You Cast Instead" Thread

He'd have been great as Reed back when Peyton Reed wanted to cast him years ago.

I think of Reed as an older guy- I mean, the character is famously drawn with gray temples.

Maybe we should get Peyton Reed back on then, since he apprently knew what was up with how to cast.

I think of Reed as an older guy- I mean, the character is famously drawn with gray temples.

Maybe we should get Peyton Reed back on then, since he apprently knew what was up with how to cast.

Marvel's The Fantastic Four
A Peyton Reed Film

July 2019

I'd be down for that.

I posted this elsewhere.

Reed Richards - Matthew McConaughey
Sue Richards - Emily Blunt
Johnny Storm - Cam Gigandet
Ben Grimm - Seth Rogan
Doctor Doom - Sergej Trifunovic

Reed - Patrick Wilson
Sue - Rachel McAdams
Johnny - Alex Pettyfer
Ben - Joel Edgerton

Doom - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

I love Emily Blunt, but she is no Sue IMO, I have never been a big fan of Rachel McAdams as Sue, back when she was on the list I would have much rather have had Elizabeth Banks...HOWEVER, they have gone with a much younger take, so my choices would be...and not necessarily in this order.

Teresa Palmer, Alice Eve, AJ Cook, if they had gone even younger, Skylar Samuels, even someone like Rachel Taylor which IMO, is much closer to most of the UFF looks of Sue than most others. Just a few, I've mentioned a few others along the way.

Reed - Patrick Wilson
Sue - Rachel McAdams
Johnny - Alex Pettyfer
Ben - Joel Edgerton

OMG I can't believe I never thought of that one that's BRILLIANT! :woo:

Reed - Patrick Wilson
Sue - Abbie Cornish
Johnny - Sam Claflin
Ben - Joel Edgerton

Doom - Mads Mikklesen

I'ma go with:

Reed - Sean Maher
Sue - Jewel Staite
Johnny - Zac Efron or Aaron Tveit
Ben - Jay R. Ferguson or Michael Cudlitz

Doom - Nikolaj, like thanson said. Wish I'd thought of it.

Reed Richards- Ewan McGregor
Sue Strom - Naomi Watts
Johnny Storm - Matt Damon
Ben Grimm- Vin Diesel as man and voice, Fully CHI as the Thing
Doctor Doom - Rutger Hauer

Good thread.

Matt Damon as the torch feels all kinds of wrong. Wayy too old.

Reed - Ewan McGregor
Sue - undecided**
Ben - Joel Edgerton
Johnny - Zac Efron

Doom - Eric Bana

Last edited:
Reed - Michael Fassbender
Sue - Amanda Heard
Johnny - Cayden Boyd
Ben - Emile Hirsch

I can't think of Doom now. It would have to be someone older with a striking look.

Last edited:
Reed - George Clooney
Sue - Charlize Theron
Ben - Joel Edgerton
Johnny - Zac Efron

I think Clooney and Charlize are both too old looking. Reed is supposed to have that older look but I'm not sure Clooney could pull off the character at his age. Charlize isn't that versatile. Monster was her only decent role and Aeon Flux wasn't very good. I have nothing against these choices as a whole, they just don't sit right with the group.

Ioan had the right look and demeanor but they wouldn't cast him again. Someone like Michael Fassbender (I know he's Erik/Magneto but still) could work instead of George. With Sue, I said Amanda Heard mainly because of her look, but based on her acting, she could do justice to the role that Alba couldn't. Someone like her, an actual blonde-blue eyed girl with a smart look.

Miles Teller - background college student during flashback college scenes
Kate Mara - Sue Storm's BFF from her college years
Jaime Bell - random henchman
Michael B. Jordan - background extra #5

Come to think of it, while I've been against MBJ playing Storm, I really wouldn't mind if anybody in the future could actually cast a black actor for Ben Grimm. He'd be in Thing costume from then on obviously but just imagine somebody like Ving Rhames or somebody providing their voice. It would have been perfect IMHO.

Terry crews expressed interest in th role. As crazy as it sounds I'd rather have him play the Thing over Luke Cage, which he's obviously not playing either now.

I could definitely get behind Crews for Grimm. He's the right age and can play both the tough guy and the joker, which is essential to portraying Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew. And unlike Mr. Bell, Crews could play a convincing street gang leader or college football star.

Definitely agree on all points with Crews. It'd probably be him or Joel Edgerton for Grimm if it were up to me.

Funny how you mentioned Crews as I wasn't sure whether he'd be serious enough. Oh well, at least there would be comedic moments where he would excel. Somebody also previously suggested Seth Rogen. While I think no, I just can't get his voice out of my head while voicing the character. It would be just wrong. LOL

My second attempt:

Mr. Fantastic: John Krasinski or Colin Hanks
Invisible Woman: Teresa Palmer
Human Torch: Colin Ford
The Thing: Sean William Scott
Dr. Doom: Wes Bentley

Anyone ever checked this site out before?

http://auntpetunia.com

Two guys made it about a fake live action fantastic four tv series from the early 60's.
It's pretty funny. They've got Russell Johnson as Reed (the professor from gilligans island and model for Alex Ross' version of the character) and Elizabeth Montgomery (from bewitched) as Sue, both of whom I think would've been great for those roles at that time. Oh, and Burgess Meredith as the Mole Man.

I could definitely get behind Crews for Grimm. He's the right age and can play both the tough guy and the joker, which is essential to portraying Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew. And unlike Mr. Bell, Crews could play a convincing street gang leader or college football star.

Its true, you FF are so racist. :o

I cant think of who to cast if they were teenagers, but if I had my way

Hugh Dancy (Hannibal) or Patrick Wilson (Watchmen/Little Children) as Reed Richards
i69yxc.jpg
1sihle.jpg

Jessica Chastain (Interstellar/Zero Dark Thirty) as Sue Storm
2u6gzmr.jpg

Bobby Cannavale (Boardwalk Empire)or Jon Bernthal (Fury/The Walking Dead) as Ben Grimm

ere7oo.jpg
wt678p.jpg

Zac Efron (Neighbors) as Johnny Storm
35n7bz8.jpg
Bump for sadness :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member