• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Wrestling Thread is now nothing but recaps from last week - Part 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would never market Punk as face of the company anyway. He's not what McMahon likes. Ryback will be the heir apparent to Cena; Vince reportedly loves the guy.

I remember the last time Vince McMahon handpicked somebody...

An-then-i-Told-Drew-Mcintyre-he-was.jpg

I knew Triple H was a big supporter of Sheamus and Drew but didn't know he was backing both of them.

I can't stop thinking Vince looks like the elderly bastard lovechild of Ed O'Neil and Chef Robert Irvine in that photo.

Lol at folks saying Cena's promo was amazing.
Its the same old stuff he always does (I stand for my fans, praise the audience/local city, I been doing this for 10 years, ect). People where complaining about the Rock doing the exact same thing last year.

That promo was okay but it seemed better than it actually was because Cena wasn't cracking any crappy jokes. The crappy jokes were given to Sheamus last night.

Raw was good last night, but man, too long.

tumblr_m92c5lCATg1r9fn1ro1_500.jpg

tumblr_m92kea7YE01rbl70qo1_500.jpg

Funny. :funny:

You all are making me rethink my enjoyment of the Cena/Punk promo. :csad:

Brock leaving because he has nothing to prove is nonsense considering Cena beat him earlier this year. If he had beaten both Cena and HHH, then leaving would've made some sense.

I'm going to be Mr. Mary Sunshine :) here: it's going to take a while for the 3-hour RAW format to find it's groove, but I see some movements in the right direction.

Last night, we saw the development of at least 2 significant lower-card feuds, which I haven't recalled seeing in such a long time: Ryback/Mahal and Clay/Sandow. It may not be the combinations we are all hoping for, but I think this is a pretty good sign of where things are headed, and who knows, we might see a solid three-hour program develop out of these specific stories and the general mindset the WWE is in right now.

I can't stop thinking Vince looks like the elderly bastard lovechild of Ed O'Neil and Chef Robert Irvine in that photo.

I bet thats no comfort to Gail Kim.

New thread title suggestion...

Let's Take You Back To The Events Form Last Week's Wrestling Thread.

The Wrestling Thread Takes a Backseat to John Cena and Part Timers

Do You Know Who I AM? I'm The Wrestling Thread

The Wrestling Thread Fell on It's Ass While on The Entrance Ramp

Sounds like I didnt miss much except for the Jericho vs Ziggler match

As I said earlier...

The Wrestling Thread....You're Welcome
The Wrestling Thread says Feed Me More

- WWE has announced that actor Dominic Monaghan will be the Social Media Ambassador for next week's RAW from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Monaghan stars in WWE Studios' movie The Day, which comes out next week. From WWE:

"Actor Dominic Monaghan will be right alongside the rest of the WWE Universe next week, tweeting about the action of Raw as he serves as WWE’s official Social Media Ambassador.

Best known for his role in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, Monaghan stars this summer in the WWE Studios apocalyptic thriller “The Day,” which opens in theaters Aug. 29. But next Monday, Aug. 27, he’ll keep the passionate WWE fans up to speed with his thoughts on all the excitement of WWE’s flagship show!"

Apparently, the WWE has never heard of the show "Lost." Still though it's a major upgrade from the two no talent hack d-bags that have served the role the last few weeks.

Apparently, the WWE has never heard of the show "Lost." Still though it's a major upgrade from the two no talent hack d-bags that have served the role the last few weeks.

They've heard of "Lost," but for legal reasons they cannot acknowledge it. A TV show that subjects its audience to endless buildup with no payoff is borderline copyright infringement on the WWE.

Why, because they mentioned Lord Of The Rings instead? A film franchise that is a thousand times bigger than Lost could ever dream of being, and where Monaghan got his start???

Why, because they mentioned Lord Of The Rings instead? A film franchise that is a thousand times bigger than Lost could ever dream of being, and where Monaghan got his start???

Lord of the Rings was a decade ago. Lost was recent.

Punk doesn't seem into this whole whiny heel turn angle. It kind of feels like he's going through the motions.

Yeah, he has a look on his face constantly like he's thinking "This is so stupid."

Ugh. No, Punk's turn just isn't working. He's just not a bad guy. He's totally justified in everything he says and does. And yet he's portrayed as the villain.

For example, him kicking Lawler in the head is supposed to be the dastardly deed that makes us boo him. But just stop and think for a second. Lawler did say that Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe after he attacked the Rock. And I mean, what, really?! If there was ever a man who is the epithome of turning your back to the WWE Universe, that's the Rock, not Punk who busts his ass for the company day in and day out. Punk has every moral right to be pissed off at Lawler who totally deserved the kick for what he said.

And Cena, acting like he's the better man. Hello? Punk has made a career out of beating John Cena. Why should I buy that suddenly he has something to prove against him?

The worst part is that apparently all of this is simply because apparently Cena needs another title run. Punk is portrayed like the whining heel so John-boy's inevitable victory seems even greater. The irony is that for everyone with just a little bit of knowledge about wrestling Punk isn't really a heel.

Exactly, it's a completely illogical angle and doesn't even serve creating a new face, it's just a rinse and repeat of the past 7 years.

:funny:

Funny. :funny:

You all are making me rethink my enjoyment of the Cena/Punk promo. :csad:

Brock leaving because he has nothing to prove is nonsense considering Cena beat him earlier this year. If he had beaten both Cena and HHH, then leaving would've made some sense.

If WWE actually wanted the WWE title to seem important like TNA do with theirs, Brock would want the title so he'd have the companies top prize and more leverage.

Sounds like I didnt miss much except for the Jericho vs Ziggler match

Worth watching on Youtube, by far and away the best thing on Raw.

I thought what cena said last night was stupid. The man has been champ since december and has beaten you twice in the past year for the title, and you dont respect him. The character of cena is the biggest two faced hypocrite in wrestling. The dude talks a good game about being the good guy and about respect but doesnt show it. He had no respect for rock until he beat him (and considering rock's kayfabe accomplishments
mixed with real life accomplishments, that made
no sense) and now none to punk. I dont know anything about cena the real guy, but cena the wwe character is the ultimate phony. How am I supposed to see Punk as the villain here? I guess im the heel too cause agree with everything he says.

Don't mention Lost in here. The absence of it hurts me :(

I thought what cena said last night was stupid. The man has been champ since december and has beaten you twice in the past year for the title, and you dont respect him. The character of cena is the biggest two faced hypocrite in wrestling. The dude talks a good game about being the good guy and about respect but doesnt show it. He had no respect for rock until he beat him (and considering rock's kayfabe accomplishments
no sense) and now none to punk. I dont know anything about cena the real guy, but cena the wwe character is the ultimate phony. How am I supposed to see Punk as the villain here? I guess im the heel too cause agree with everything he says.

You've watched WWE long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Seriously though , it's how Vince perceives the "iwc" and because Punk represents that he's been made to look wrong .

You've watched WWE long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Seriously though , it's how Vince perceives the "iwc" and because Punk represents that he's been made to look wrong .

Ah TDK trilogy references always bring a smile to my face.

Funny thing is I still think of myself as 60% mark at least, but when the writing starts becoming stupid then it cant go unnoticed. No different than any other show.

As far as Cena vs Rock on serious promos Cenas serious promos are always better and always come off as more sincere. Cena's corny comedy usually blows. Rocks serious promos come off as unatural. He's better at gab and comedy.

The kind of respect Cena was talking about was more than just professional. Someone can accomplish a lot but if they are a terrible person while doing it should I respect them? IF they accomplish a lot while being shallow how much should I respect them?

Sometimes its not about living off a years old reputation but "what have you done for me lately" Cena respected what the Rock had done in the past but he'd been gone for years.

The blame over the real life Punk situation lies with WWE managment more than Cena. In terms of pure kayfabe Its the way Punk's handeling the situation tht shows why Cena doesn't respect him. You don't whine about not getting attention you just go out there and grab it yourself.

I finally got to watch HHH vs Lesnar... A pointless feud, but the match was as good as it was going to get. If it happened in 2002 it would have been much better but even now it was more than ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon