A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

They'd have to hire non-union people to do it.

If neither promotion shut down during the Pandemic, why would they shut down during the IATSE Strike? I find it hard to believe that we won't have televised wrestling for a while. I also find it hard to believe that we won't have televised sporting events either. I don't see this affecting pro wrestling or pro sports, only Hollywood.

Also AEW has all of this momentum, why would they shut down because of a strike?

If neither promotion shut down during the Pandemic, why would they shut down during the IATSE Strike? I find it hard to believe that we won't have televised wrestling for a while. I also find it hard to believe that we won't have televised sporting events either. I don't see this affecting pro wrestling or pro sports, only Hollywood.

Pandemic only affected performing in fornt of live crowds. This affects the entire tv production.

Pandemic only affected performing in fornt of live crowds. This affects the entire tv production.

Still neither company is going to shut down because of it and both will find ways to broadcast their shows. If it means YouTube then that's how they will do it.

I don't know how it affects pro sports. The NFL season is in full swing, baseball is in the playoffs, the NHL has just started and the NBA is starting soon.

AEW has way too much momentum to not have televised shows.

I think there are a lot of women on the WWE roster not getting a fair shake.

At the same time, not everyone can be champion at the same time, even with multiple titles.

I don't think it's a matter of Liv turning down McMahon. I just think this is how it is with WWE. They sort of tear everyone down and don't really get behind them unless they think they are Roman Reigns level or whatever. It's always an uphill battle. Even when they are getting over and connect with the fans, they still ignore them.

Look at Rusev. Everything post John Cena with Rusev was basically sabotage. For a year, WWE made Rusev a monster heel. Then they jobbed him out to Cena and had nothing for him. Strikes gold with Rusev Day, gets that over, sells lots of merch, and they still treat him like dirt.

That being said, I can't wait for tonight's episode of Dark Side of The Ring.

They're going to do a whole episode about Luna Vachon, one of the most underrated women to grace the WWE's ring and who should've had the belt years ago.

Still neither company is going to shut down because of it and both will find ways to broadcast their shows. If it means YouTube then that's how they will do it.

I don't know how it affects pro sports. The NFL season is in full swing, baseball is in the playoffs, the NHL has just started and the NBA is starting soon.

AEW has way too much momentum to not have televised shows.

Youtube would still require a crew to handle all the broadcasting stuff.

The writers strike back in the day shutdown tv shows. It's not uncommon.

Youtube would still require a crew to handle all the broadcasting stuff.

The writers strike back in the day shutdown tv shows. It's not uncommon.

And yet the WWE still held shows during the writers strike.

I find it hard to believe it will shut down WWE and AEW from doing TV. AEW has so much momentum right now, that if a strike is prolonged and they are off the air for a long time, they would lose all of that momentum and they might not be able to recover from a prolonged shut down of their TV. WWE would be different as they can replay classic episodes in lieu of canceled televised events but that would not make USA Network and Fox happy. None of us want to see AEW shut down TV for months on end and only do live events......that would suck for them and for all of us who have been praising AEW for weeks. A shutdown of pro wrestling on TV because of this would do more damage to AEW than WWE. That is why I don't see it happening.

I can't see this affecting pro sports either. The leagues already lost billions playing in bubbles, shortened seasons and little to no fans during a pandemic. No way they lose a billions more by not having any televised games. The NFL is in full swing right now, baseball is in the playoffs, the NHL just started their season and the NBA is about to start their season. We will have televised sports.

That being said, I can't wait for tonight's episode of Dark Side of The Ring.

They're going to do a whole episode about Luna Vachon, one of the most underrated women to grace the WWE's ring and who should've had the belt years ago.

I'm also looking forward to that episode. Luna was a trailblazer and was doing hard work when there wasn't really a place for women's wrestling in WWF/WWE and pro wrestling in the US.

I'm also looking forward to that episode. Luna was a trailblazer and was doing hard work when there wasn't really a place for women's wrestling in WWF/WWE and pro wrestling in the US.

Do you think the IATSE strike will affect pro wrestling on TV? I don't because I believe a shut down of live TV for pro wrestling will damage AEW's momentum. It won't hurt WWE as much if at all if live TV for pro wrestling shuts down.

Do you think the IATSE strike will affect pro wrestling on TV? I don't because I believe a shut down of live TV for pro wrestling will damage AEW's momentum. It won't hurt WWE as much if at all if live TV for pro wrestling shuts down.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/iatse-strike-authorization-vote-1234668605/

OK based on some of the information I saw here, the strike would be based in certain areas, and I don't think it would apply to AEW and WWE. I think AEW does use IATSE members, but I think they might be outside the strike's jurisdiction? Something like that.

I imagine if worse comes to worse and they did have striking workers, they could use non-union production people.

OK based on some of the information I saw here, the strike would be based in certain areas, and I don't think it would apply to AEW and WWE. I think AEW does use IATSE members, but I think they might be outside the strike's jurisdiction? Something like that.

I imagine if worse comes to worse and they did have striking workers, they could use non-union production people.

That's what I am thinking too. The sports leagues would all do the same. It will shut down Hollywood yes, but I doubt it shuts down pro wrestling on TV or live sports.

Ah, I see the internet has now switched from "wrestlers need a union!" to "WWE/AEW need to use scabs!"...

Ah, I see the internet has now switched from "wrestlers need a union!" to "WWE/AEW need to use scabs!"...

My issue is that if the IATSE Strike forces pro wrestling to be off TV for months on end without any live content, it will cause major damage to the momentum AEW has had recently. That's why I don't see pro wrestling (or pro sports) shutting down like Hollywood will. We all want AEW to succeed and forcing them to shut down live TV for months will not make them last as long as we hope they would. AEW didn't shut down during the pandemic because months without live TV would destroy everything Tony Khan and the Elite have built. Same situation would happen if IATSE forces pro wrestling to shut down live TV. It won't affect WWE as much, it would make them increase their live events and replay old content in the TV timeslots but a shut down would damage AEW that I am not sure they would ever recover from if the IATSE strike lasts months and months. I don't think anyone wants that. That's why I can't see pro wrestling shutting down live TV even if IATSE strikes as it would damage AEW moreso than WWE.

I can't see any of the major sports leagues shutting down their seasons either because of this.

This episode of Dark Side really pissed me off. The fact that you have broads like the Bella Twins and Beth Phoenix inducted in the Hall of Fame, but a legendary performer like Luna Vachon didn’t even get a main induction is very sh***y.

If you love modern women’s wrestling, then give trailblazers like Madusa, Miss Jacqueline, Leilani Kai and Wendi Richter their flowers while they’re still here.

Luna deserved so much better in life.

5B643CC5-BE80-49C8-AF12-3E28584B837D.gif

SAG-AFTRA stands by IATSE.

Not only WWE and AEW, but Impact also has BFG coming up on Oct 23.

This episode of Dark Side really pissed me off. The fact that you have broads like the Bella Twins and Beth Phoenix inducted in the Hall of Fame, but a legendary performer like Luna Vachon didn’t even get a main induction is very sh***y.

If you love modern women’s wrestling, then give trailblazers like Madusa, Miss Jacqueline, Leilani Kai and Wendi Richter their flowers while they’re still here.

Luna deserved so much better in life.

View attachment 49816

She's in the WWE HOF.

I'm both scared and thrilled watching Danielson in AEW. I honestly couldn't tell if that glazed look in his eyes/crumbling to the ground, after Suzuki dropped him, was real or not.

And yeah I loved Luna as a kid....that voice. It's true to say if she was around now she'd be in her element, but drugs and abuse have a habit of destroying the best of people.

I'm sorry but the people posting pics of her in this thread seriously overrate her wrestling ability. And Bliss beating Bayley and Sasha never went well with fans due to how it was booked. Sasha and Bayley were more or less geeked out to Bliss, simply because she was a heel.

Are you referring to me? I've never seen Zelina wrestle, I've barely seen any westling since Punk left the business. I have seen a few Alexa matches though, and while she doesn't have 50 moves she's a smart worker and she's also a big personality and great on the mic which is often what counts most in pro wrestling, or it used too, I mean the 2 biggest draws in the history of the business were bigger characters and great stick men than they were amazing workers.

FBgpGIjVkAkTskh.jpeg.jpg
245043837_236850628315895_2267646307145483645_na806e3c782f6ada3.jpg

Minoru Suzuki Vs. Bryan Danielson was the best match I've seen in years. I didn't love the ending because I thought it should have taken more than that knee strike to pin Suzuki, maybe if he hit it alittle cleaner. But it was still a great match. Better than Mox/Suzuki or Bryan/Omega IMO.

So obviously I've took the jump and starting watching AEW, started watching for Malaki Blacks debut and there is no doubt that AEW is the far better product (WWE). A significant part of the reason that AEW has been a breath of fresh air for me personally, is Jim Ross/Tony Schiavone being there. I know alot of people prefer Excalibur and think Ross/Schiavone need to move on, but those two are absolutely fantastic to me, they add so much to the shows. Never realized how important good commentating can be because most of the time I don't pay all that much attention, but WWE's is so bad outside of Graves (who admittedly is getting worse the more he's engrained into the Vince style) that hearing these two legends again, just makes an already better wrestling show just that much better for me.

Not going to lie, I still don't really care that much about AEW's original roster before they started adding Malaki Black/Punk/Danielson (Hopefully Windham), so I kinda lose interest at some points of the show but that's really not that different from when someone like Apollo Crews, Chad Gable or Jinder has a segment really.

The only difference is Crews/Gable/Jinder are jobbers, where as some of AEW's biggest stars are guys I just really can't get into. For example, the "Elite", their wrestling matches are fine (they are all varying degrees of overrated but fine, even very good for the most part) but watching them talk is just annoying... They're not cool, they're not interesting, they don't say anything interesting at all, and only Cole is a decent talker anyway despite his corny catchphrases. It's literally like a nerd version of the N.W.O. except there is just nothing cool about them, their promos give me go-away heat. Gallows/Anderson, who I like alot, aren't good with this faction either, they're better being a bit more serious, badass heels. And they really, really need to ditch those two randoms that hang around them with the spray and clip board, just awful and makes the whole crew even more annoying and not in a good way like Sami Zayn or Seth Rollins.

And while I have no big issues with Sammy Guevara (besides that he's an awful promo/nerd too) or Hangman Page (he's just... boring), I just don't really care about them or what they're doing... And I haven't been a big Jericho guy since the Y2J days... But I do like Darby Allin, Orange Cassidy and especially MJF, those are the homegrown AEW guys I am starting to really enjoy. I like what they've done with Rusev, who I never liked in WWE with the dumb Rusev day chants and annoying Aiden English.

I just hope that Malaki Black doesn't get lost in the shuffle with all these AEW originals I just mentioned and all the new WWE signings. He's the main reason I started watching AEW and I think he should be a Main Eventer sooner rather than later. He's my favorite wrestler at the moment. I like what they've done with him so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"