A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Kayfave made sense decades ago.

Kids aren't stupid. They know these guys aren't who they portray in the ring. They need to lean into the curve.

Kayfave made sense decades ago.

Kids aren't stupid. They know these guys aren't who they portray in the ring. They need to lean into the curve.

I wish we could have kayfabe back 100% but basically you can't put the genie back in the bottle, and you can't close pandora's box. This is just how it is now.

I stopped watching wrestling years ago but I've been watching bits of AEW on YouTube and while there are still way too many convoluted moves and sequences for me, it at least feels like pro wrestling.

Haven’t seen all of these dark side of the ring episodes but any shoot style stuff is always going to be a bit one sided, but whenever you peer into wrestlings past you find that what is now described as "toxic masculinity" these days was the "norm" back then, because they lived long hours on the road as part of a dysfunctional brotherhood and a lot of the guys developed a warped idea of how to behave as human beings with twisted views on things like humour and sex as there was no accountability, no bigger example being Grizzly Smith.

Does anyone even care about Kayfabe anymore? Are there people who still think wrestling is real??

I think Bobby Heenan summed it up best when he compared it to magicians, everyone knows what they do isn't real but they don't show you how it works, i know some did a bit of exposing back in the day but it wasn't like pro wrestling these days doing their own "reality" shows and behind the scenes stuff like movies, completely removing the potential for suspension of disbelief.

Tonight’s episode of Dark Side about FMW was another good one. I often wonder, how do American and Japanese wrestlers communicate for work?

And continue to RIP Hayabusa. I thought Benoit breaking Sabu’s neck was tough, but Hayabusa’s injury was harder to watch.

That neck break was horrendous, a move he'd done hundreds of times, fate is cruel.

FA4exSGWQA4vef5.jpeg.jpg
244443050_324729672756128_2788041225677809187_n.jpg
244301704_453443782681950_1489135985758773158_n.jpg
244129397_626731205154136_1753515086127321439_n.jpg
244395370_1564590850558196_418880956958256020_n.jpg
243780969_1277437019406156_8297572058310558021_n.jpg

Zelina really should be a better star and a bigger deal than what the WWE has done with her. Shame.

Zelina really should be a better star and a bigger deal than what the WWE has done with her. Shame.

The only woman smaller than her is Kacy Catanzaro, who's also a better wrestler. Well, a spot monkey. She couldn't crack the top 15 women in the company (NXT included). There's only so much kayfabe can do.

The only woman smaller than her is Kacy Catanzaro, who's also a better wrestler. Well, a spot monkey. She couldn't crack the top 15 women in the company (NXT included). There's only so much kayfabe can do.
Yo, they took Alexa Bliss, someone who was quite limited in ring and that's putting it mildly, and made her a world beater up against the likes of Bayley and Sasha Banks. They can do the same with Zelina if they were bothered. I think fans would like to see Zelina get a run which is always solid foundation!

Dynamite was ok for me but how Luchasauras is booked is maddening. Why is a guy of that size, who is wearing a solid mask, being knocked off the apron for extended periods after being punched by the Young Bucks? WWE get a lot of crap these days but look at the segment between Baszler and Doudrop on Monday as a comparison; Baszler hits her with a crappy cheap shot and Doudrop correctly no sells it.

Yo, they took Alexa Bliss, someone who was quite limited in ring and that's putting it mildly, and made her a world beater up against the likes of Bayley and Sasha Banks. They can do the same with Zelina if they were bothered. I think fans would like to see Zelina get a run which is always solid foundation!

Dynamite was ok for me but how Luchasauras is booked is maddening. Why is a guy of that size, who is wearing a solid mask, being knocked off the apron for extended periods after being punched by the Young Bucks? WWE get a lot of crap these days but look at the segment between Baszler and Doudrop on Monday as a comparison; Baszler hits her with a crappy cheap shot and Doudrop correctly no sells it.

I'm sorry but the people posting pics of her in this thread seriously overrate her wrestling ability. And Bliss beating Bayley and Sasha never went well with fans due to how it was booked. Sasha and Bayley were more or less geeked out to Bliss, simply because she was a heel.

I'm sorry but the people posting pics of her in this thread seriously overrate her wrestling ability. And Bliss beating Bayley and Sasha never went well with fans due to how it was booked. Sasha and Bayley were more or less geeked out to Bliss, simply because she was a heel.

I think you're misremembering Bliss' initial heel run. She was seriously over and fans HATED that she went over Sasha/Bayley, not because of her wrestling ability but because she was a heel. She did her job.

If Rey Mysterio and other smaller wrestlers be booked to go over larger ones, I see no reason why Vega can't get the same push

I think you're misremembering Bliss' initial heel run. She was seriously over and fans HATED that she went over Sasha/Bayley, not because of her wrestling ability but because she was a heel. She did her job.

If Rey Mysterio and other smaller wrestlers be booked to go over larger ones, I see no reason why Vega can't get the same push

No, it was he way she won her matches. Literally every finish was the same, Sasha or Bayley suddenly became the dumbest wrestlers ever and we're tricked into hitting a turn buckle followed by a DDT (literally no one gets pinned by a DDT these days). It did not makes sense to anyone. But it looks like Bliss will be re-packaged in some way when she comes back.

I don't even pay attention to the pics posted in this thread. :p I honestly can't see the difference between them strapping a rocket to Bliss back then and not doing it with Zelina. They're basically the same character with similar charisma and mannerisms. I would have thought they'd be all over pushing a "latina" version of Bliss.

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't even pay attention to the pics posted in this thread. :p I honestly can't see the difference between them strapping a rocket to Bliss back then and not doing it with Zelina. They're basically the same character with similar charisma and mannerisms. I would have thought they'd be all over pushing a "latina" version of Bliss.

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Zelina isn't a blonde with big ****. And neither should be getting big push as there are women who are not only bigger but better wrestlers than both.

Both are true. There's easily at least 10-15 better wrestlers in the company that are also bigger than her.
Ok....but in a company that gives persistent air time to less than average performers like Carmella, Liv Morgan, Lana when she was there and Mandy Rose, surely there is a place for Zelina getting a push based on how entertaining she can be? I mean why re-sign her at all if they didn't see something in her?

It's just such a waste of time and pretty poor as I'm sure they sold her on plans they had for her. Then once she's signed her husband is sacked a few weeks later and she's been jobbed out every week. It's crazy.

Ok....but in a company that gives persistent air time to less than average performers like Carmella, Liv Morgan, Lana when she was there and Mandy Rose, surely there is a place for Zelina getting a push based on how entertaining she can be? I mean why re-sign her at all if they didn't see something in her?

It's just such a waste of time and pretty poor as I'm sure they sold her on plans they had for her. Then once she's signed her husband is sacked a few weeks later and she's been jobbed out every week. It's crazy.

I'm guessing because they need bodies and more truthfully, she overestimated the interest in her, both on OnlyFans and as a wrestler.

Vega is more over than a go portion of the women's roster, so I'm not sure why you have beef with her, but, yeah, you're not right.

They've literally done everything they could to bury her upon her return. If Carmella can get oodles of screen time and multiple pushes, then so can Zelina Vega. Size has never really mattered in the women's division. It's not like Sasha and Becky are hulking masses of muscle either.

Has anybody seen the Women of Wrestling Relaunch thing?
At first i was really happy seeing that AJ Lee is involved...then i saw that Tessa Blanchard is involved too and that they seem to build this relaunch around here of all people.

They even sell a shirt with "nuclear" on it...get it? Because she got nuclear heat...funny.
Make money off the Racist Women Abuser to sell your Women of Wrestling relaunch.

Its safe to say that i wont support this at all, even if AJ is involved.

Has anybody seen the Women of Wrestling Relaunch thing?
At first i was really happy seeing that AJ Lee is involved...then i saw that Tessa Blanchard is involved too and that they seem to build this relaunch around here of all people.

They even sell a shirt with "nuclear" on it...get it? Because she got nuclear heat...funny.
Make money off the Racist Women Abuser to sell your Women of Wrestling relaunch.

Its safe to say that i wont support this at all, even if AJ is involved.
Yeah I found it a bit weird that AJ would pick WOW to throw her load in when Tessa is involved.

AJ could literally choose from any company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"