• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

FAQc8qWVUAg55bo.jpeg.jpg
FAQc8qVVIAAonIj.jpeg.jpg

They're bringing back The Hurt Business?!!!

Dammit...every time I think I get out, Vince drags me back in.

Keith "Bearcat" Lee?!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Man, f**k you, WWE.

EDIT: So I just read that the name is in memory of the first Black heavyweight champion ever in wrestling history.

Still stupid though.

My advice to all of you who continue to watch WWE.....find something non wrestling related that airs on the same day as WWE programming and watch that. It'll give you peace of mind. That is what I have been doing for a long time. Instead of Extreme Rules, I watched a hell of a game between the Packers and 49ers. Currently watching Cowboys vs. Eagles. It can be sports, your favorite TV show on any of the streaming services, or whatever. This way you won't get angry the next time you watch a wrestling program on Wednesday Nights.

Keith "Bearcat" Lee?!!!

Man, f**k you, WWE.

EDIT: So I just read that the name is in memory of the first Black heavyweight champion ever in wrestling history.

Still stupid though.
Is he still clean shaven? Or did he finally grow back that stellar beard.

Keith "Bearcat" Lee?!!!

Man, f**k you, WWE.

Still stupid though.

Whatever they pay the main Roster creative team, is too much.
Who the hell thought Keith "bearcat" lee sounds better than "Limitless" Keith Lee?
Its like they want to do everything to make Keith Lee not work.

Oh i can see them choosing the name for this, they are needy for any kind of praise...thats why they did womens evolution.
Not because they care.

My advice to all of you who continue to watch WWE.....find something non wrestling related that airs on the same day as WWE programming and watch that. It'll give you peace of mind. That is what I have been doing for a long time. Instead of Extreme Rules, I watched a hell of a game between the Packers and 49ers. Currently watching Cowboys vs. Eagles. It can be sports, your favorite TV show on any of the streaming services, or whatever. This way you won't get angry the next time you watch a wrestling program on Wednesday Nights.

Truth be told, I didn't watch Extreme Rules either. I was watching the Packers/49ers. I started watching RAW while waiting for MNF. The best parts of RAW was Lashley/Big E in the beginning (with New Day & the reunion of the Hurt Business). I didn't watch the rest of RAW because I was watching MNF until that became a laugher. I only saw the Keith Lee stuff because MNF was on a commercial break. I usually watch RAW on DVR on Fast Forward.

Truth be told, I didn't watch Extreme Rules either. I was watching the Packers/49ers. I started watching RAW while waiting for MNF. The best parts of RAW was Lashley/Big E in the beginning (with New Day & the reunion of the Hurt Business). I didn't watch the rest of RAW because I was watching MNF until that became a laugher. I only saw the Keith Lee stuff because MNF was on a commercial break. I usually watch RAW on DVR on Fast Forward.

Doesn't need to be NFL, it can be something else non-wrestling, like a TV show that you want to watch but hadn't had the time.

Well I'm in a good mood right now. Adrian Jaoude and Cezar Bononi were teaming up on AEW Dark tonight.

I hate sounding like Jim Cornette, but to hell with it:

TNT and AEW why would you air your kayfabe show as the lead-in to a reality show that breaks kayfabe? Make that make sense.

Cody and Brandi Rhodes want to be A-list celebrities so bad.

TNT and AEW why would you air your kayfabe show as the lead-in to a reality show that breaks kayfabe? Make that make sense.

At least there's likeability with The Miz and Maryse on their show.

At least there's likeability with The Miz and Maryse on their show.

Seriously Cody and Brandi are just so transparent. Everything with them just drips with insincerity.

And Dustin looked like someone forced him to be on their show.

Not feeling Joe Gacy's woke millennial/Gen Z gimmick

I wonder how long they will keep the third Uso brother in NXT? I think they should send the 'problem' Uso brother up to join his siblings. It's not like he needs to be trained.
I was really surprised they pretty much glossed over the Taker stuff. I’ve heard the stories of him getting super angry when he found out Kanyon was gay, but they barely even mentioned Undertaker here!

I can't see the Kanyon 'Boy George' thing as any less than a burial. You don't give a guy a spot like that unless you have heat with him because it is clearly not going to do anything for his career. It's not like people are unaware of how petty and vindictive those with power in the WWE can be.

Whatever they pay the main Roster creative team, is too much.
Who the hell thought Keith "bearcat" lee sounds better than "Limitless" Keith Lee?
Its like they want to do everything to make Keith Lee not work.

Oh i can see them choosing the name for this, they are needy for any kind of praise...thats why they did womens evolution.
Not because they care.

The nickname is apparently a tribute to Bearcat Wright.

Doesn't USA air The Miz & Mrs right after Raw?

I see Gigi Dolin is allowed the wear the booty shorts again on NXT that she was wearing in the indies.

Last edited:
The nickname is apparently a tribute to Bearcat Wright.

But they havent done anything to sell this.
No promo or anything to explain the name at all.
No he just goes by the nickname and looks like a randomly put together Created Wrestler from the WWE games.

You could have done a fantastic job in building character and make this "bearcat" thing work if its really meant as tribute...but they didnt, because they are lazy bastards.
They dont even care this much about the fans or workers to explain something as simple as that.

The fans need to figure it out and build a narrative around it that we can understand and all...and im not okay with that at all.

Also, its nice if this is a tribute...but "Limitless" is still the better nickname.

But they havent done anything to sell this.
No promo or anything to explain the name at all.
No he just goes by the nickname and looks like a randomly put together Created Wrestler from the WWE games.

You could have done a fantastic job in building character and make this "bearcat" thing work if its really meant as tribute...but they didnt, because they are lazy bastards.
They dont even care this much about the fans or workers to explain something as simple as that.

The fans need to figure it out and build a narrative around it that we can understand and all...and im not okay with that at all.

Also, its nice if this is a tribute...but "Limitless" is still the better nickname.

When he went in detail about his Covid experiences, it more or less killed the Limitless nickname because he himself said that even he has his limits.

Does anyone even care about Kayfabe anymore? Are there people who still think wrestling is real??

Tonight’s episode of Dark Side about FMW was another good one. I often wonder, how do American and Japanese wrestlers communicate for work?

And continue to RIP Hayabusa. I thought Benoit breaking Sabu’s neck was tough, but Hayabusa’s injury was harder to watch.

Does anyone even care about Kayfabe anymore? Are there people who still think wrestling is real??

I'm sure there are still people to whom it was real, damn it!

I mean granted we all know it’s storyline driven, but damn, atleast let the story be fleshed out for fantasy purposes lol.

When he went in detail about his Covid experiences, it more or less killed the Limitless nickname because he himself said that even he has his limits.

Again, not something they sold on the show at all.
It expects to follow the dirtsheets the wwe hates so much, having read his posts etc.
Not every WWE viewer does that, so for them the sudden nickname change and all...just looks weird.

You could do so much with Keith, could have used his Covid experience etc to connect him with the audience...but they didnt.

You see the guy coming back, calling himself bearcat and wearing this weird attire, beating up Jobbers and looking angry.
How should the audience feel about him, not knowing anything about why he was gone or why he changed?

Thats my problem, the lack of trying to make any sense of it...expecting the people to just roll with it, when you have the potential there to do more that helps Lee connect with the fans.
On one hand its expected for the fan to know this BTS stuff, on the other its expected to just accept what they see.

Tonight’s episode of Dark Side about FMW was another good one. I often wonder, how do American and Japanese wrestlers communicate for work?

And continue to RIP Hayabusa. I thought Benoit breaking Sabu’s neck was tough, but Hayabusa’s injury was harder to watch.

Oh, do they show the clip in this? I dont know if i can stomach this again.
Only saw the accident 2-3 times and i dont have any interest watching it more than that.
I will never stop flinching when someone does the Springboard Moonsault.

Oh, do they show the clip in this? I dont know if i can stomach this again.
Only saw the accident 2-3 times and i dont have any interest watching it more than that.
I will never stop flinching when someone does the Springboard Moonsault.

Yeah they show it. That was my first time seeing it, but damn.

People take real gambles going into the ring, any little mishap and you could end up like Hayabusa or Droz.

Yeah they show it. That was my first time seeing it, but damn.

People take real gambles going into the ring, any little mishap and you could end up like Hayabusa or Droz.

Ah damn it, i assumed so...gotta get through this since its an important part of the story.
Its such a tragedy since it happened so fast, he didnt even had time to realize something went wrong, the way he landed...i already get sick just thinking about the scene.

Of all the dangerous moves in the business, this second rope springboard moonsault scares me the most.
Because of how easy something could go wrong, how bad it can turn out so fast.

It goes to show how much luck Tyson Kidd had when he took the Muscle Buster and got injured.
The man can still workout and train and stuff...people like Droz or Hayabusa couldnt even walk anymore after one accident.
It just shows how dangerous it is what wrestlers do, the risk they take when landing on their necks and backs.

Because kayfabe is all but dead at this point, and it's pretty much been dead ever since McMahon said fans don't want their intelligence insulted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"