A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I used to rave about Charlotte and she was, in my opinion, the best female perfomer in the ring.

But they ruined her when she beat Asuka at Mania. Like I knew Asuka had to lose the streak at some point, but I really felt she deserved her Mania moment. Once she got that she could lose the streak in a way that made her look strong.

It still angers me to think about what they ended up doing instead, Charlotte destroying Asuka and making her tap clean.

Let's not forget Charlotte beating Rhea Ripley at Wrestlemania pissed me off mightily.

The Young Bucks are not the greatest tag team of all-time, they're the greatest cover band of all-time... Especially Matt, who doesn't have an original bone in his body as far as I can tell... Nick at least can do some things he didn't copy directly from some legend... They are both incredibly annoying, and not in a good heel way, pure go-away heat whenever they make a gesture, facial expression, touch a mic or dress themselves without a mirror apparently...

But in fairness, they can have a good match here and there with the right opponents (FTR/Lucha Bros) but yeah, irritating when they or an announcer calls them the best tag team ever... Wouldn't crack my Top 5, prolly 10 either... FTR/Lucha are both better right now, forget all-time...

IMO, of course...

Last edited:
Oh, and also.... GOT DAMN....

fkghyz7vxev71.jpg

994cpcj021v71.jpg

Love Keith Lee's new theme music...still hate that "Bearcat" name. Also, wish he'd go back to the beard.

Love Keith Lee's new theme music...still hate that "Bearcat" name. Also, wish he'd go back to the beard.

I take it you never heard of Bearcat Wright? because I think that's where the name came from.

I just want say Bearcat Keith Lee flows better than Keith Bearcat Lee

I take it you never heard of Bearcat Wright? because I think that's where the name came from.

I'm fully aware of the history of the name, but I just am not a fan of it for Lee. "Limitless" Keith Lee was just fine for him. If he wants it, then cool, I just don't like it personally.

I'm guessing everyone noticed during Becky's promo that she deliberately didn't mention Charlotte's name several times while talking about this 4 way feud they've been having, saying Bianca and Sasha but skipping Flair and then raising her voice when she made the statement that Bianca only wrestled the "Best woman in the company" at Wrestlemania because she was out having her kid... Clearly sending a message that she feels Sasha is the real best woman on the roster loud and clear for Charlotte to hear...

Also sounds like everyone in the locker room (including the men) don't like Charlotte, don't talk to Charlotte anymore and the female locker room was amped to see Becky not bow to the Queen.

I don't mind Corey fawning all over Carmella. That one makes sense since they are now engaged.

It seems Becky and Sonya got in her face and it was likely deserved. Don't think I've ever heard a bad word about either of those two.

Also while I like Sonya as an official, I want to see her wrestle more.

Toxic attraction with all the gold.

Cody found a new way to get over as a baby-face on dark

ROH announced they will be on hiatus after December events until the first quarter of 2022. All talents that were under contract will be released and will be free to pursue work in other promotions.

So I'm watching this week's Dynamite for the first time and Malakai Black's promo alone could save this Cody feud for me, and it's genius by both Black and AEW for having him/allowing him to say "If you thought this was about pinfalls, you're wrong"... It instantly re-establishes Black as a major threat, keeps him special despite the loss, keeps the opportunity alive for Black to end the feud with a win. With this promo in addition to him taking out the Nightmare Family it makes it feel far more personal than most feuds I've seen in the last 3-4 years since I started watching again, protects AEW's win-loss importance and freshens up a Rivalry that was headed towards getting stale without something to give it a shot in the arm... They do need to have Black do something big (but not overcooked) to back this up and really put Black back on a path to big things down the road...

It's a great promo, he looked like a bad ass with the lighting set up, he sounded like a badass, the content was great and the wrestling psychology was great... It was short, which keeps it far away from being any kind of All-Time great promo, but it shows that Black is on another level from most guys in terms of story telling and creativity... This guy, in AEW, is gonna be like a cross between the Undertaker, Sting & Roddy Piper in terms of what he meshes together... Obviously he probably won't reach their heights in terms of magnitude/legendary status, but he reminds me alittle of all 3 blended together in ways...

These are the things that set AEW apart of WWE. Things that WWE have lost over the years... The wrestling psychology of the individual wrestler is on display because their promos aren't written by someone else in AEW... And when the wrestlers with great psychology are given freedom to do it, it makes creative/the booker's psychology improve over time making the entire product better in the long term... CM Punk and Bryan Danielson will be huge in this area of the product as well...

Great promo for being only 30 seconds long... Black is going to become a great promo guy in AEW now that he can actually speak freely without a script...

Also, CM Punk, Black and MJF to start Dynamite... Very nice.

That episode of Dynamite was nearly perfect until the second the Main Event's entrances started... Dork Order and the Nerd Elite, Nerd, Nerd Elite are always the worst part of AEW shows unless the Elite are in a "Dream Match" with someone better than them that keeps them from doing cheesy stuff... And then Boreman Page comes in to make it all the least interesting people in AEW all in the same ring... That was awful...

The rest of the episode I would consider the best episode of a Wrestling TV show I've seen in maybe 20 years, it was great before "Revenge of the Nerds: Wrestling with Pocket Protectors" started.

Punk had a good match (he's a great seller), Black cut a great promo, MJF cut a phenomenal promo, Darby's return was creative (the trench coat looked goofy but that's a minor nitpick), Mox was Mox for 5-10 mins, always at least mildly entertaining, Danielson/Eddy had a good promo segment backstage, Cody probably cut the best promo of his career, Black got a huge pop when the lights went out, Andrade prolly also cut the best promo of his career, Pac doing Black's signature sit down while tossing the birds at him was epic (Black/Pac sold it perfectly, that should have been the last visual of the entire show), and the women's match was a solid match.

Last edited:
Kingston and Danielson might have been the best match I've seen in years. You knew Danielson was gonna win and yet somehow they gave me hope that Kingston could pull this out. Now that was some storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"