THING/Michael Chiklis DISCUSSION

Drakon said:
Hate to break it to you, hun, but we mods don't know jack**** about who's on the other end of that IP number. Not even Mirko would know, unless he was expressly told, which I highly doubt would happen.

Well, Cal can back me up...thats exactly what we were told....from a mod....i can only go w/ what they say....and thats what was said....NOW...we know someone from Fox was on periodically....because they chose 10 people to give their goody bags to last year....so that pretty much tells me that some are here at least periodically.....so whether the mods that told us were just typing .... i don't know....but we do know that some had to have come on at some time....cause some have a t-shirt that proves it.....LOL...:up:

hthk15nl.jpg

JMAfan said:
Well, Cal can back me up...thats exactly what we were told....from a mod....i can only go w/ what they say....and thats what was said....NOW...we know someone from Fox was on periodically....because they chose 10 people to give their goody bags to last year....so that pretty much tells me that some are here at least periodically.....so whether the mods that told us were just typing .... i don't know....but we do know that some had to have come on at some time....cause some have a t-shirt that proves it.....LOL...:up:

:(

:ff: :ff: :ff:

I dunno. I liked the way the thing looked in all of the shots. The only part i hated was on the brooklyn bridge when they CGed his back for more muscle movement. It looked too fake.

Keep the Rubber Suit I say.

Look at Hellboys hand in his movie, it convinces me that its rock far more than any part of the Thing. The CGI enhancement on the bridge was done very well IMO, I didnt know it was CGI until someone told me. More CG enhancements are needed in the seqeul IMO.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Look at Hellboys hand in his movie, it convinces me that its rock far more than any part of the Thing. The CGI enhancement on the bridge was done very well IMO, I didnt know it was CGI until someone told me. More CG enhancements are needed in the seqeul IMO.

More CGI like the bridge scene, no more than that though as far as I'm concerned....I would like for them to make his hands alittle smaller in size, which would make his arms look larger...

I would just like them to add little 'things,' like rock dust falling off him when he stretches or struggles with something, like the fire truck on the bridge. And more rock noises when he touches things, it wouldnt be hard for them to do and would add a lot of believability.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I would just like them to add little 'things,' like rock dust falling off him when he stretches or struggles with something, like the fire truck on the bridge. And more rock noises when he touches things, it wouldnt be hard for them to do and would add a lot of believability.

Well if they hadn't cut the Alicia scenes we would have seen some of that....

Well there were plenty of other oppurtunities for them to do similar things throughout this cut of the movie. It would have been cool when Ben was pulling th fire truck down by the bumper and you see his muscles flexing to also just see some rock dust fall off him while he was straining. I hope to see some of this in the sequel.

Bumping to the front page...

Hellboy's hand looks like stone, because in the comics, it is a stone hand.

The Thing is not made of rock. He has a thick hide, but it is not actual rock. Dust and grinding rock sounds would be a bit cartoony.

Here's hoping Fox lets Spectral Motion make some alterations to the basic look. They could get closer to that great Byrne drawing posted at the head of this forum without loosing any emotion in Chiklis' acting. A heavier brow is not going to restrict him that much.

Most of the wrinkles around the neck was due to M.C. not allowing the make-up guys to glue it down.

Kirby&Ditko said:

The Thing is not made of rock. He has a thick hide, but it is not actual rock. Dust and grinding rock sounds would be a bit cartoony.

Here's hoping Fox lets Spectral Motion make some alterations to the basic look. They could get closer to that great Byrne drawing posted at the head of this forum without loosing any emotion in Chiklis' acting. A heavier brow is not going to restrict him that much.

Most of the wrinkles around the neck was due to M.C. not allowing the make-up guys to glue it down.

People at Spectral have said that they know what they want to improve on, and that we will see improvements....so hopefully we will see some improvements....yes his skin is described as "rock like" not rock...

As far as the wrinkles...i've never read or heard anyone talk about Michael not allowing them to do anything that needed to be done.....do you have a source for that statement?

Kirby&Ditko said:

Here's hoping Fox lets Spectral Motion make some alterations to the basic look. They could get closer to that great Byrne drawing posted at the head of this forum without loosing any emotion in Chiklis' acting. A heavier brow is not going to restrict him that much. You screw around with the head your asking for trouble. You would lose much of the emotion.

Closer to the Byrne drawing ? Then he would look cartoonish. Leave the basis of The Thing alone. The head was perfect. Work on the body and hands ? NP there, but leave the head alone. They screw around with the head to much, the'll lose the emotion.

I think this version may work and please the fans a bit more

thething0011nm.png
thething0039qg.png

This version may be too much....

thething0021il.png

I think that bust could be turned into a viable look for the film,it gives more brow without looking as overbearing as some of the other suggestions

hunter rider said:
I think that bust could be turned into a viable look for the film,it gives more brow without looking as overbearing as some of the other suggestions

Here's a different angle

thething0044wx.png

I would prefer CGI similar to the Hulk movie. Since actor Michael Chiklis doesn't like wearing the orange bulky suit, they could have him act in a blue suit so they could CGI over him for the movie. they could show the Thing evolve like in the comic books with the highbrow.

The suit worked fine, I would just tweak the look to make it look more like the traditional comic Thing...more top-heavy, and of course the pronounced brow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"