THING/Michael Chiklis DISCUSSION

I'd like to see the mask made to look more like the later Kirby drawings and CGI used to remove wrinkles. I'd be very happy with that.

There are already a thread on this:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226390

He should have the made up head with a bigger brow (shown that it could work in above thread) and maybe wider mouth and more prominent jaw. The rest of his body should be CG and made to look more massive, less human in proportion. He seems to have a tiny head in the comics. But he doesn't have a tiny head. It just looks that way cuz the rest of him is SO DARN BIG! We need a Thing that we can FEEL the power of. You need to feel like there's a 1000 lb boulder standing next to Reed, not a guy in a foam suit that won't even dent the hood of a car when he's thrown onto it from 50 yards away!
He needs to evolve in FF2!

It would be neat if he didn't look like a shrimp in a rubber macaroni + cheese-colored suit.

The way he appeared in FF1 was fine. Except we gotta ge tthe beatle brow! I hope we open up the movie seeing that Ben has further mutated. But it's gotta be a subtle mutation.

Just make the body looks less rubbery and add a touch more brow and we are good to go imo:up:

I want alittle smaller hands to enhance the size of the arms, make it where he can move his fingers more as well....cgi alittle so that we see dust come up when he hits things, not so shiney of a suit....and I'm fine....

If and when they do maybe enhance the brow of Thing, I don't want a mushroom head....

JMAfan said:
I want alittle smaller hands to enhance the size of the arms, make it where he can move his fingers more as well....cgi alittle so that we see dust come up when he hits things, not so shiney of a suit....and I'm fine....

Don't try to make his arms look bigger by making his hands smaller! Make his arms bigger! The Thing has MASSIVE hands! They need to make a better device for helping him make a fist, agreed, or just do his entire Body CGI like I said. That would take care of the wrinkles, the faom-rubber "shine", and the size issue, and you'd still get Chick's facial prformance AND he wouldn't have to wear that suit that he hates so much!

JMAfan said:
If and when they do maybe enhance the brow of Thing, I don't want a mushroom head....

Do you mean like this...

Chose.jpg

Atomicchuck3k said:
Do you mean like this...

Chose.jpg

Thats not too bad, I actually like the fact that he can make a fist with his hands, he couldn't do that really in the first movie....as far as the brow, maybe its the angle, but that doesn't look too bad.....I've certainly seen worse....in fact some of the MK art REALLY has him with a mushroom head.

Only one issue left of The Thing! :(:mad:

CURSES!

JMAfan said:
Thats not too bad, I actually like the fact that he can make a fist with his hands, he couldn't do that really in the first movie....as far as the brow, maybe its the angle, but that doesn't look too bad.....I've certainly seen worse....in fact some of the MK art REALLY has him with a mushroom head.

Okay, I think this may be what you're reffering too:

thing1wg.gif

Atomicchuck3k said:
Okay, I think this may be what you're reffering too:

thing1wg.gif

Good lord yes, and I know some want him in shorts and what not, but I prefer pants.....and NO WHITE BOOTS PLEASE.....:) :up:

Why didn't they give him matching white gloves?
Maybe a white top hat and a Chippendales white bow tie!

The Thing 2005 said:
For the movie, this version. ^ No need for cg. No need to make him look like the 1st picture. Leave him the way he is. The human looking, and acting Thing.

I agree with you dude, I loved how the Thing was portrayed in the movie, and Michael Chiklis was so damn good :thing:

I remember Photoshopping a picture of Michael Chiklis in the Thing costume to see what he would look like with a smaller nose and a larger brow, and personally, I wasn't keen on the look. If I find the picture, I'll post it.

I hope they give the Thing an eyebrow in FF2 and I hope they fix his hands because they looked too fake in the first movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"