The Defenders This show in the larger MCU...

The shows all take place pre-IW/A4. Loeb has confirmed this himself.

The shows all take place pre-IW/A4. Loeb has confirmed this himself.
Oh, I didn't know that, but then surely they can only do so for so long before they catch up? What's going to happen then? Are they simply going to reference a [period of time] when half the population disappeared? Are any of the Defenders going to disappear?

Oh, I didn't know that, but then surely they can only do so for so long before they catch up? What's going to happen then? Are they simply going to reference a [period of time] when half the population disappeared? Are any of the Defenders going to disappear?

It depends on how Avengers 4 ends. It may end with no one disappearing at all for all we know. Depending upon what happens in Avengers 4, they may never have to address it period.

It depends on how Avengers 4 ends. It may end with no one disappearing at all for all we know. Depending upon what happens in Avengers 4, they may never have to address it period.
Hmm. Convenient, but acceptable I guess. I just hope Avengers 4 doesn't change established (pre Infinity War) past events - at least not too much.

When you're dealing with a storyline that involves powers that can manipulate time, space, and reality any possibility is up for grabs. So it's best to let it play out before jumping in.

The world completely changes at the end of IW and it would be a little unfair to the writers of those shows to completely abandon the point of their stories to deal with what would essentially be a post apocalyptic world and thus a completely different show. It would also ruin the surprise of IW's ending if the netflix shows had to dedicate a full season to it, it would have definitely leaked. Plus the surprise of what happens to the world should be saved for Avengers 4.

It's much easier for a show to focus on what it has control of rather than adjust to future plots they are not privy to. It also makes sense Daredevil begins some point after Avengers when the incident was still very recent. Depending on where you get the numbers there's about 8-10 years between the Incident and Infinity War, that could mean 8-10 season of these shows before they would have to deal with it.

Definitely feel everything in the Netflix series happened between The Avengers (Spring 2012) and Infinity War (Spring 2018). With the majority happening before (and partially causing) Civil War.

Definitely feel everything in the Netflix series happened between The Avengers (Spring 2012) and Infinity War (Spring 2018). With the majority happening before (and partially causing) Civil War.

Not possible because Luke Cage mentions "November 2016"

Pretty sure the quote is "November 9th" and how would that negate what I said anyway? I said "between 2012 and 2018"

you said happening before Civil War. The November 9 reference was a Trump reference which would put it after Civil War.

President Trump is not in the MCU. Yes it was a Trump reference, but one that was most definitely not intended as a canon reference to who followed President Ellis.

Anyway, I pretty clearly said, "most of it happens before Civil War" (that is, DD1, JJ1, DD2, LC1, IF1, Defenders and Punisher happen before Civil War) a few happen in the same year as Civil War (JJ2, DD3, IF2, LC2) and the rest (Punisher 2, JJ3) happen probably a year after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"