Thor/God of Thunder - Chris Hemsworth

The age at which he can look like this:

aba5ba087a383a194a7e66640bf8aba285f9ea3c_2_1200x763.jpeg
OKT is such an awesome alternative version of Thor. Adds a lot to his mythology.

That's a great piece of art too

I could see a fun moment in maybe Loki S2:
Loki steps into an abandoned Throne Room, cobwebs adorning overturned statues. At the far end we see a hulking figure sitting upon the Throne. The tired king lifts his head and we see Anthony Hopkin's face scowling at our Loki; but as he moves nearer, the face shifts and we see it is not Odin, but actually Old King Thor! Sword in one hand and Destroyer arm on the other, Old King Thor's scowl softens as he whispers "Brother?"

One thing I think we can be sure of is that the dude is still going to be in legendary shape in his 50s (and I think I’d prefer 50s for this). Gonna be even better when he has that mature Old King Thor face. :cool:

I'm not trying to wait 10 years for it though, I'll take late 50's. Make up and movie magic can work wonders especially with modern technology.

I’ve seen rumblings on Twitter that Thor is shown to be very powerful in this film with Gorr being considerably more powerful than Thor which is comic accurate.

Apparently Thor is as powerful as in Infinity War and has the feat to back it up. There’s also a suggestion that he gets some sort of power upgrade and a major change moving forward in the MCU.

“Mouthwatering” stuff really for us that are into that kind of stuff. Some cool and powerful Thor feats is always a big plus in my book, can’t wait to see what’s that all about.

This scene is never not going to be funny to me.
The way he says "I've been looking for you..." it's pure gold. :D The whole thing plays out as a jealous girlfriend and that **** gets me evrytime and the fact they did it with an "inanimate" object is hilarious. :D

c462734e72731aed78923128c834d166283f44af.gifv

This bit with the snake which is likely a nod for Loki is also funny as hell to me.

ecd3644cbddc3069148cc93e19fa8125d847dace.gifv

I think it's CH delivery and timing that just makes it totally my cup of tea. That weird, quirky and silly type of humor. :D

Last edited:
I’ve seen rumblings on Twitter that Thor is shown to be very powerful in this film with Gorr being considerably more powerful than Thor which is comic accurate.

Apparently Thor is as powerful as in Infinity War and has the feat to back it up. There’s also a suggestion that he gets some sort of power upgrade and a major change moving forward in the MCU.

“Mouthwatering” stuff really for us that are into that kind of stuff. Some cool and powerful Thor feats is always a big plus in my book, can’t wait to see what’s that all about.

So what did they say?

So what did they say?
Basically what I wrote. Gotta see it to fully understand the scope of power they where talking about and I don’t wanna do much research about it at all, just saving it for next week when I’ll see it in theatres on Wednesday. :yay:

Basically what I wrote. Gotta see it to fully understand the scope of power they where talking about and I don’t wanna do much research about it at all, just saving it for next week when I’ll see it in theatres on Wednesday. :yay:

That said he has a feat to back up being as powerful as Infinity War? Niceeee

And did you say he's probably going to get an upgrade? Even niiiiiiiiicer

Last edited:
This bit with the snake which is likely a nod for Loki is also funny as hell to me.

ecd3644cbddc3069148cc93e19fa8125d847dace.gifv

I think it's CH delivery and timing that just makes it totally my cup of tea. That weird, quirky and silly type of humor. :D

You can even see Pratt breaking a little at the end
Their relationship is somehow one of the funniest in the whole MCU
I guess its not surprising since its two dudes who are known for being hilarious IRL and great improvisors

What a journey Thor went on this one. We see him grow up as a character.
It was Ragnarok with shades of AEG and hints at a more serious and introspective version of the character.

Don't get me wrong he's funny as hell still, but there's definitely more layers to him here. I really appreciated his relationship with Jane Foster, it was fun, endearing and touching at the same time. Genuinely happy to see them get back together again.

I liked seeing how powerful Thor was portrayed in this, every time he put the foot on the gas, then you really felt how much more powerful he had become and how he was honing his skill, in many ways he's basically Odin which is cool and with the right incentive he'll wreck whoever is in front of him.

Also that shot of him with the wild gold helmet works so much better in context and the helmet itself looks way better too. I would gladly like to see Thor with that version or an even more polished version of it later on.

I liked seeing how powerful Thor was portrayed in this, every time he put the foot on the gas, then you really felt how much more powerful he had become and how he was honing his skill, in many ways he's basically Odin which is cool and with the right incentive he'll wreck whoever is in front of him.

Is this the most powerful version of MCU Thor yet? Like how powerful is he compares to Infinity War Thor?

Also on another note, does he ever use lightning without welding a weapon like he did in Ragnarok?

Is this the most powerful version of MCU Thor yet? Like how powerful is he compares to Infinity War Thor?

Also on another note, does he ever use lightning without welding a weapon like he did in Ragnarok?
I think he’s about the same as his most powerful in Ragnarok and IW. It’s probably a more experienced combination of the 2. Every time he put the feet on the gas he basically wrecked everyone and everything in his path. He charges up much more often and seems to have honed that ability of his.

In many ways he’s basically like Odin now. In that it’s shown how powerful he really also by having him empower and grant certain things throughout the film. Also with the right incentive Thor always ditches more than anyone can take basically and it’s like he still had more gears on him.

I was satisfied with his power level and actually really enjoyed his displays, it’s always so cool to see Thor let loose. Him getting charged up never gets old.

I think he’s about the same as his most powerful in Ragnarok and IW. It’s probably a more experienced combination of the 2. Every time he put the feet on the gas he basically wrecked everyone and everything in his path. He charges up much more often and seems to have honed that ability of his.

In many ways he’s basically like Odin now. In that it’s shown how powerful he really also by having him empower and grant certain things throughout the film. Also with the right incentive Thor always ditches more than anyone can take basically and it’s like he still had more gears on him.

I was satisfied with his power level and actually really enjoyed his displays, it’s always so cool to see Thor let loose. Him getting charged up never gets old.

Nice I'm glad to hear about him charging up multiple times in the film as we've only seen him do it twice in previous films (besides Ragnarok) for short periods of time.

Best Thor action in any film in my opinion, Thor actually fought with skill and creativity.

I also love how Taiki doesn't have Thor be super dependent on his weapon, he shows Thor fighting bare handed A LOT more than any other MCU director.

Call me crazy but I prefer a much more serious Thor. I think they went too overboard with the comedy route with Thor. There was a better balance in Avengers with Thor's character than in this film. Even Ragnarok he wasn't this over the top buffoon. I liked that Hemsworth had fun in the role but I think they overdid it.

Best Thor action in any film in my opinion, Thor actually fought with skill and creativity.

I also love how Taiki doesn't have Thor be super dependent on his weapon, he shows Thor fighting bare handed A LOT more than any other MCU director.
I think I personally prefer Thor’s action especially in certain one-off scenes in Ragnarok and IW, but he is consistently shown to be super-powerful throughout the film here and as you say, the power is inherent to him rather than being as linked to his weapon (which I do prefer).

Call me crazy but I prefer a much more serious Thor. I think they went too overboard with the comedy route with Thor. There was a better balance in Avengers with Thor's character than in this film. Even Ragnarok he wasn't this over the top buffoon. I liked that Hemsworth had fun in the role but I think they overdid it.
I think most of the comic Thor fans prefer that, but at the same time I want Taika and Hemsworth to be happy with what they are doing so they give their all to these projects and hopefully want to do more. If they dial it back a bit it would be fine for me.

I like serious Thor too, but I think it makes sense to play to the strengths of the actors and directors.

I like serious Thor too, but I think it makes sense to play to the strengths of the actors and directors.

Yeah that's why a mixture is best, like Infinity War or even Ragnarok to a lesser extent.

I think most of the comic Thor fans prefer that, but at the same time I want Taika and Hemsworth to be happy with what they are doing so they give their all to these projects and hopefully want to do more. If they dial it back a bit it would be fine for me.

Yeah in the realm of Infinity War and Ragnarok is the sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"