Age of Extinction Transformers 5 Official Thread

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/38...rylines?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

With Michael Bay finishing up work on his Benghazi movie "13 Hours," talk swirling around a fifth "Transformers" movie is about to ramp up. As we know, a writers room was specially assembled in recent months to help in crafting the screenplay for the film.
Now, voice actor Mark Ryan has reportedly revealed that the upcoming film will go in two distinct directions. Ryan, who voiced the characters of Jetfire in the second and Lockdown in the fourth film, appeared at the UK's Wings and Wheels convention where he said the first storyline will follow Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) as he and both the Dinobots and some of the Autobots set out to save Earth from an impending threat.
The second will lay the groundwork for the future of the franchise which will focus more on the Autobots and Decepticons themselves. In that second storyline, Optimus Prime heads into space to find the creators of his race - a group known as the Quintessons. Optimus will also confront the giant transformer known as Unicron.

Ryan also reportedly claims that "Transformers 5" will start shooting early next year for release in 2017.

Sound exactly like where I and many others wanted the franchise to go after the 4th movie, really can't wait for Optimus in space taking on the Quintessons and meeting Unicron, surely he will be the threat to earth?

Any way, more dinobots is a good thing in my eyes also. There wasn't even of them in AOE.

Would be fitting, but i wonder how much of that will actualy be true.

It seems the logical way to go after the 4th movie. And it opens up the universe for spin offs which we know they have been planning, so hopefully this is the the story they go with.

That second half of the movie with just Optimus on his own is what sells me.

That second half of the movie with just Optimus on his own is what sells me.

Definitely, Optimus on his own against the quintessons just sounds amazing. In space rather than on Earth as well, it will be visually stunning at the very least.

Would love him to run into Ultra Magnus along the way as well.

The first plot line is probably there in order to put some of the action on earth, as you can't realy have much product placement on space. I hope the effects are more impressive this time around, Bay seemed kinda bored in Age of Extinction, didn't feel like he was aiming at the highest he could like he did in the other films. Would like to see him helping Industrial Lights and Magic pushing the boundarias of special effects like he did with some of his collaborations.

Hope Peter Cullen and Frank Welker returns...

The first plot line is probably there in order to put some of the action on earth, as you can't realy have much product placement on space. I hope the effects are more impressive this time around, Bay seemed kinda bored in Age of Extinction, didn't feel like he was aiming at the highest he could like he did in the other films. Would like to see him helping Industrial Lights and Magic pushing the boundarias of special effects like he did with some of his collaborations.

Well they have to have humans in the movie somehow, and this is it, what I am happy about is that there will be no humans in Optimus's scenes, which makes it interesting to see what they will do.

Hope Peter Cullen and Frank Welker returns...

I am sure they will.

Optimus should never be a supporting character in his own franchise, at least Extinction kind of gave him top billing alongside Cade and the rest.

Optimus should never be a supporting character in his own franchise, at least Extinction kind of gave him top billing alongside Cade and the rest.

IMO it was only really the first movie where he wasn't centre stage, Bumblebee and Sam got it there, but in ROTF and DOTM he got a lot of focus. I agree he should be the primary Autobot always though. At the same time the first movie is the best in the franchise.

Optimus can play second main character, as long as he's well portrayed. I mean, him not as the front and center kinda gives him a more mythical look as leader of the Autobots. Problem is when the humans are forced as the main characters, i could understand Sam being in the first film or military personel serving as our human connection in the story, but in all the other films it's very forced.

So that dude who gave the initial info on T5 is saying he was misquoted. Legit or Paramount told him to keep schtum?:sly:

I think it might a bit of both. He said something's that may be close to the truth.

‘Transformers Writers Room Wraps: Akiva Goldsman Scripting ‘T5,’ http://deadline.com/2015/09/transformers-writers-room-akiva-goldsman-transformers-5-1201531918/ …

Akiva Goldsman has walked away with a concrete blueprint to write a Transformers sequel for Mark Wahlberg to star in for Michael Bay to direct, with production starting in June.

Ant-Man
scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari will head off and write an animated feature, an origin story that focuses on Cybertron, the planet from which the good and bad Transformer robots hail. As for the rest of the writers who spent more than two weeks on a soundstage where Glee held dance recitals on the Paramount lot? Well, they didn’t set a bunch of other movies, but a few could come up down the line. Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer, Barrer & Ferrari, Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, Iron Man scribes Art Marcum & Matt Holloway, Pacific Rim 2‘s Zak Penn, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Lost’s Jeff Pinkner, Spartacus creator and Daredevil showrunner Steven DeKnight, Black Hawk Down and Geneva Robertson-Dworet, all took part.

I think even fans of the Transformers movies are thinking "Bay should move on."

Either to get away from the series, or stick to the movies that he excels in (Pain & Gain)

Bay is not gonna give up his bread and butter. These things rake in so much money worldwide it ain't funny.

I think even fans of the Transformers movies are thinking "Bay should move on."

Either to get away from the series, or stick to the movies that he excels in (Pain & Gain)

Yeah I like half of the movies (1&4). I think Bay should leave.

However, I'm afraid of who'd they get next knowing them they'd get some mediocre-bad director like theyve done with the Ninja Turtles and GI Joe movies that wont do the franchise any favors. I mean I know Bay is hated and Im not gonna defend him from, imo, the worst blockbuster Ive seen (ROTF), but i feel like who they would get will be a lot worse

At this point, I believe they will have to pry this franchise from Bay's cold dead hands. The paycheck and the playground is just too good and too fun for Bay to walk away and the Box Office is too good for Paramount to go with another director.

Im just tired of Bay's take on this world and the characters. AOE was an emdurance test. And these films continue to get longer. I wont set through another 165 minute bloated Bayformers monstrosity. Not at a theater anyways. Ill check it out at homse so I can fast forward through the BS.

I'm slightly more curious about...
Ant-Man scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari will head off and write an animated feature, an origin story that focuses on Cybertron, the planet from which the good and bad Transformer robots hail.

They couldn't have even been bothered to call them ****ing Autobots and Decepticons. Did they just snatch some 4 year old out of school and ask them to write that synopsis?

I don't realy care anymore, TF 4 was the perfect time to give the series to another film Director, now that chance seems to lie on their planned spin-offs. Bay seems to have a nice deal for him where he makes a TF film and then one of his oun personal projects, i just hope he shows more passion this time around, he seemed to completely be in auto-pilot with Age of Extinction, in least with the first three films it felt like he was trying his best and pushing what ILM was capable of.

Holy crap, that's a lot of sequels, though if Fast & Furious can do it, Transformers certainly can, they just need to change up the human cast every few movies, looking forward to hearing more.

Bay is God!

Bu seriously it's not up to Hasbro but Paramount Pics.

lol do you really think Paramount is gonna hop off this franchise's D, though? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"