Transformers: War For Cybertron Animated Series on Netflix

Sounds like another voice actor has been revealed.

They shortened the length to 15 minutes each? Did they run out of money?

I just heard an audio clip of the show’s version of BW Megatron, and holy ****! He sounds awful, doesn’t even try to emulate David Kaye! :csad:

Just finished watching Kingdom, and I definitely enjoyed it more than Earthrise. I thought the use of colour palates, animation was good for the most part, but some character models were average, especially in robot mode.

There were a lot of fun dynamics between characters from BW and G1 with cool nods from both series, as well as the animated film. Aside from Primal, BW Megatron, Blackarachnia, and Dinobot, the Maximals and Predacons don’t get much time to shine, aside from a few moments. There also a few interesting deviations from BW that I dug

The voice acting and characterizations are once again, a mixed bag. There are some pretty good examples like Dinobot, Blackarachnia, Rattrap, Starscream, Arcee, Megatron when he isn’t speaking so slowly, which is what he and Prime seem to do for dramatic effect a lot throughout the series.

The characters I did not like were Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Tigatron, and especially BW Megatron. Won’t even go into what they did to him, but the voice and personality were way off.

Storyline was probably the best and most fun out of the three for me, but I will say that it did feel rushed. I know there’s limitations with the amount of episodes and animation, but they should have given at least a few more episodes.

Overall I enjoyed it, and I wouldn’t say a continuation, especially with the ending.

7-7.5/10

Overall this series has been a letdown. I appreciate what they were trying to do, but it went steadily downhill after season 1.

The voice acting was really the weak link for this show.

Also the lack of budget.

Overall this series has been a letdown. I appreciate what they were trying to do, but it went steadily downhill after season 1.

The voice acting was really the weak link for this show.

Also the lack of budget.

No argument there.

So much potential, if only this had a better budget, quality voice acting and writing, more episodes, etc.

I just really, really don’t want anyone to do any more Peter Cullen impressions. Just let a voice actor do their own take while staying true to the character.

Omg what are these voices...Megatron....

Why is Airrazor still treated like crap 20 years later lol (edit: well I guess now that the reveal happened, I can accept it. Cause Airrazor is MY GIRL. Always was my fave)

I still think for the most part, the OG designs still look superior to these new ones. They seem more streamlined and "cute". Especially Rhinox, looks 20 years younger.

Last edited:
This was garbage from the start and the finale wasn’t even that good. My god what the heck did they do to the beast wars characters. That wasn’t Megatron, not voice or even character, they cheapened Dinobot. The story was so convoluted and non sense,

The budget really wasn't there for this season, but I did still enjoy it overall eventhough it sucks seeing this show go so downhill after Season 1 which I thought was pretty great.

I had so much hype going into this season because of the BW characters finally being introduced which I have alot of nastolgia for since I use to watch that show all the time as a kid aswell as collect the toys, but I just didn't feel like they were done justice at all, especially when it came to the voice acting and the character designs.

If we do get more Transformers/BW shows made for Netflix I really do hope they put more money into them and actually get some legit talented voice actors on board who aren't just trying to do cheap impressions.

Yeah S1 was the best for me. But I hoped it would maybe get better and not steadily downhill or meander.

The thing is when characters transform, those are the money shots. The show is called Transformers. We want to see characters Transform and showcase their cool alt-modes.

Most of the BW characters felt like an afterthought.

I understand why they focused on Prime and Megatron, but still, they should have a bigger role

Still not happy with how they handled BW Megatron or Primal. Even though I liked this version, Dinobot was wasted as well!

Not enough Cheetor either, in terms of screen time or dialogue.

Weird how there were only three Predacons, aside from Scorponok’s cameo.

Most of the BW characters felt like an afterthought.

I understand why they focused on Prime and Megatron, but still, they should have a bigger role

Still not happy with how they handled BW Megatron or Primal. Even though I liked this version, Dinobot was wasted as well!

Not enough Cheetor either, in terms of screen time or dialogue.

Weird how there were only three Predacons, aside from Scorponok’s cameo.

There's not much time to focus on other characters in six episodes. The original Beast Wars was 52 episodes long. The first season was 26, so we really got to dig into the main cast.

THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Posters by OLIVER BARRETT On Sale Info

ThUl6Iw.jpeg

I really enjoyed the 3rd season, I love when Transformers gets all spiritual and other worldly and this season didn't disappoint. I also wasn't familiar with the characters from Beast Wars previously and this season actually made me look forward to movie more. I enjoyed all 3 seasons and seeing Nemesis Prime at the end was great.

Also they teased more which I would watch in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"