Vixen And Animal Man

Memphis Slim

Superhero
Reaction score
These two are fast becoming the best charcters in DC Land. But what makes them different from each other?? Is it the "way" they tap into animal powers?? Can Buddy tap into other human abilities?

In the latest JLA Mari went "Tricerotops" on AMAZO and smashed him. She's pulling down dinosaurs??? :wow:

Can Buddy do that too???

animalman.gif
250px-Vixen_JLoA4.jpg

Animal Man can do a lot more than Vixen can. He can use the powers of any animal (earth or alien) in his vicinity, and can tap the Red, a force that allows the use of animal abilities even when he's not in their vicinity (having copied them at least once before or knowing of them). That means he can also copy dinosaurs etc. Buddy's powers are also innate, while Vixen is largely dependant on the Tantu (?) totem.

And Buddy was already the best character in DC land. Read Animal Man by Morrison.

What makes them different is that they're very different characters.

Animal man and vixen has the same power but they get that power in diffrent ways..
and none of them can tap into humans

Buddy's powers are also innate, while Vixen is largely dependant on the Tantu (?) totem.

Ass shown in the new JLA, the totem is only used to controle her powers .. its not what gives her the powers..

Animal Man can do a lot more than Vixen can. He can use the powers of any animal (earth or alien) in his vicinity, and can tap the Red, a force that allows the use of animal abilities even when he's not in their vicinity (having copied them at least once before or knowing of them). That means he can also copy dinosaurs etc. Buddy's powers are also innate, while Vixen is largely dependant on the Tantu (?) totem.

And Buddy was already the best character in DC land. Read Animal Man by Morrison.

If you've been reading JLA, it appears that she really doesn't need that totem.

Vixen is a character that still has a lot of blank spots.. while Buddy had his own series and stuff..

The have the same power, they tap into the same force, Buddy got his powers from aliens, Vixen .. we dont know, now that we know the totem is not the source of her powers

Yeah, I know JLA had her copying powers even though she didn't have the totem. She still can't do some of the other stuff though.

She couldn't control any of the powers though, she was almost randomly tapping into stuff.

uhhh... yes .. thats her power..
that really is both their powers in a nutshell..
its not like shes the way she is in the JLA Arc all the time..
she is a normal Supermodel, with the power to tap into animals at will... and she was claws that can cut superman (magic)

I was pretty sure she was still dependant on animals being in the vicinity (although I recall her power having been upgraded). She certainly isn't as versatile as Animal Man, who can literally tap into every living creature in the universe, and can even use that force to create blasts of energy.

I was pretty sure she was still dependant on animals being in the vicinity.
yeah like Tricerotops and ****t....

Vixen is the more powerfull of the two .. i cant remember buddy ever transforming into any animals .. but Vixen can...

Which is why I said that I recall her power being upgraded. It turns out though she's always been able to do so. That was a flub of mine, I admit.

And how does transforming into an animal make you the more powerful one? And practically everyone and their mother considers Buddy the more powerful one, considering his feats generally outclass Vixen's. Heck, the fact that Vixen actually has to call out an animal's name now suggests she is the weaker of the two. Also the fact that she is more easily overwhelmed by the power suggests such a thing.

i really dont have any reson to call her more powerfull .... but when she was in BOP she was HOOOOOT! so just for that .. she's way cooler then Buddy

Buddy is one of the most awesome characters ever created. He's just such a cool superhero, both in the way he deals with superheroing as in the way he deals with the secret identity/family life part of it. Vixen, although I love her, is a little bland compared to that.

She couldn't control any of the powers though, she was almost randomly tapping into stuff.

What do mean?? Looked like she controlled them just fine to me.
She channeled a falcon when she wanted to go into a nose dive. At almost 200 MPH!! :wow: Then at the last minute before impact with AMAZO, she went Tricerotops!! :wow: WHAM!!!!!!!

That's some serious control......... split second timing.

yeah but that was after 3 whole issues of trying to regain controle

Which is why I said that I recall her power being upgraded. It turns out though she's always been able to do so. That was a flub of mine, I admit.

And how does transforming into an animal make you the more powerful one? And practically everyone and their mother considers Buddy the more powerful one, considering his feats generally outclass Vixen's. Heck, the fact that Vixen actually has to call out an animal's name now suggests she is the weaker of the two. Also the fact that she is more easily overwhelmed by the power suggests such a thing.

Who said she had to call out the animal's name?

animal man is the most powerful of the two and alot better.

and slim, i remembered she called out an animals name is issue 1 or 2.

But is it because she "has to" do it or because she "likes" to do it??

i think she has to, since she keeps doing it. not only that it looks like she needs the totem to operate better. the way se acts, seems like shes addicted to it.

its calld a plot device.. nothing more.. nothing less...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"