Vixen And Animal Man

In JLA, without her totem, Vixen seemed, not only not being able to control her powers, but seemed to tap way to much into animals and start to think she is one of those animals. Check the scene where she was flying to find her totem but she seemed to fly aimlessly with a flock of birds. Her narration seemed to be scatterbrained also.

vixen sucks... meltzer making her a deus ex machina doesnt make her cool...

LOL!^ Nice usage.
Animal Man > Vixen
At least his character has been somewhat fleshed out in 52. Vixen was in JLA for...

His character was fleshed out all the way in the Animal Man series by Morrison. What you've seen in 52, is just par for the course. Now, had Vixen a series with a top talent writer on it, maybe she'd seem less bland. (Which I don't really agree with. She's hot, and people that are hot are therefore interesting. :o )

In terms of power, buddy by far. He just freakin' grabbed the power of a freakin' Sun Eater. The man's neigh unto a God over here.

His character was fleshed out all the way in the Animal Man series by Morrison. What you've seen in 52, is just par for the course. Now, had Vixen a series with a top talent writer on it, maybe she'd seem less bland. (Which I don't really agree with. She's hot, and people that are hot are therefore interesting. :o )

In terms of power, buddy by far. He just freakin' grabbed the power of a freakin' Sun Eater. The man's neigh unto a God over here.

How do we know she can't do the same thing?? She did go prehistoric. Can Buddy go back in time and channel dinosaurs??? Now that's some serious stuff. :wow:

They need to give Vixen a mini series, like 5/6 issues or more. She was interesting on JLU, she could be interesting in the comic world aswell and probably tell some interesting stories.

Buddy has used the strength of a T-Rex before. While I think it's kinda cheap using the abilities of extinct animals, I'm not gonna dwell on it.

They're both great, unique characters despite their glaring similarities. Morrison put them together on Animal Man to great effect, showing how different the two animal people are.

I'm greatly enjoying A-Mans role in 52 and Vixen as the deus ex in JLA. Good to see them both get some face time in high profile books.

Buddy has used the strength of a T-Rex before. While I think it's kinda cheap using the abilities of extinct animals, I'm not gonna dwell on it.

Thing was, it was during a wierd hickup in reality, and he actually came face to face with a T-Rex.

Hiccup in time...Hmm...Coulda swore he did it before that also. I'll have to look it over again. Been looking for an excuse to read some A-Man again.

Thing was, it was during a wierd hickup in reality, and he actually came face to face with a T-Rex.

Ohhh.... so he didn't just summon up the power like Vixen did? :whatever: He actually came face-to-face with the animal through a time distortion.....

Hmmmm.....Vixen might actual be more powerful then.

Okay...I just read the latest "52".

I take back what I said. Buddy can now access any point in the universe?? Space B?? Whao!! :wow:

Who are those yellow guys??? Are they gods or alien scientists??

Hmmm...Vixen and Animal Man both have the same power; they just have different ways of accessing it. (See Animal Man 48-50)

Vixen, Animal Man and his daughter Maxine, B'wana Beast, Freedom Beast, Tristess and maybe Beast Boy from the Titans are "Animal Masters", incredibly powerful and long-lived individuals who posses the ability to tap into the Red/ Life-web/ Morphogenetic Field of the Earth to create life. While the full extent of their control over one of the primal forces of the universe is unknown, skilled users of the Red have on occasions drawn pure energy to create force field, energy weapons, open portals to pocket dimensions and create life (Maxine at a young age was able to create a butterfly with ease). It should be noted that three "Animal Masters"(Animal Man, Vixen and Tristess) while working together where once able to create an entire universe (see Animal Man 50). With the full extent of their powers, the Animal Masters could very well be the mightiest beings on Earth. As it is now, the only thing holding then back is their humanity, which subconsciously puts a limit to their power level.

In short...

Animal Man needs to be able to scan/be near the animal he is trying to mimic. (This greatly depends on the writer)

While

Vixen just needs to think about the animal and she can mimic its abilities. (If you read old issue of Suicide Squad, you will see that she doesn’t need to call out the animal name before she can access its abilities. Some writers usually have her call out the animals, so the reader knows what animal she is channeling)

Both have shown the power to copy the abilities of any animal (sometime multiple animals at once) and humans. While Animal Man has recently copied the abilities of a Sun-Eater/alien life form, there is no reason to think that Vixen couldn’t do the same thing.

Now keep in mind that recent storylines might have changed this.:cwink:

Okay...I just read the latest "52".

I take back what I said. Buddy can now access any point in the universe?? Space B?? Whao!! :wow:

Who are those yellow guys??? Are they gods or alien scientists??

Okay.....I take that back. That was the Sun-Eaters' power. Buddy would only have them temporarily.

Vixen might have the edge. :whatever:

HandOfFate: In short...

Animal Man needs to be able to scan/be near the animal he is trying to mimic. (This greatly depends on the writer)

While

Vixen just needs to think about the animal and she can mimic its abilities. (If you read old issue of Suicide Squad, you will see that she doesn’t need to call out the animal name before she can access its abilities. Some writers usually have her call out the animals, so the reader knows what animal she is channeling)

I guess having to be near an animal would be a handicap compared to just "thinking" of one.

I guess having to be near an animal would be a handicap compared to just "thinking" of one.

I wouldn't really call it a handicap, seeing that his range for scanning for abilities is within several planets. (IIRC)

The Yellow Guys first appeared in Animal Man 11 or 12, in which they where said to be the beings that gave Buddy and Vixen’s totem their powers.

Later in the series it was revealed that the Yellow Men where actually created by Buddy to try to sub-consciously explain his power.

Now if the last part of the story still stands I have no idea.:)

I wouldn't really call it a handicap, seeing that his range for scanning for abilities is within several planets. (IIRC)

The Yellow Guys first appeared in Animal Man 11 or 12, in which they where said to be the beings that gave Buddy and Vixen’s totem their powers.

Later in the series it was revealed that the Yellow Men where actually created by Buddy to try to sub-consciously explain his power.

Now if the last part of the story still stands I have no idea.:)

I guess scanning planets is cool. But how far is his range? And what if the near by planets have no life? Those Sun-eaters were traveling thru space. Right place , the right time. Buddy would have died if they hadn't been there.

his range is limitless given the fact he can mimic any animal in the universe. probably thanks to the upgrades he recieved.

it would be interesting to have a mini with Vixen/Animal Man/Beast Boy/and whoever has similar powers to theirs all team up.

his range is limitless given the fact he can mimic any animal in the universe. probably thanks to the upgrades he recieved.

I didn't mean "range" as in "what kinds of animals can he mimic". I meant "How far out can he reach"? There was no indication that it was a limitless reach. :huh: And if those sun-eaters had NOT been there, he'd be dead.

I hope they keep exploring his powers to clear this up.

They both pale in comparison to the best beast-channeller of all time:

MANIMAL!!

Simon McCorkindale is a god among men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back