Voltron: The Movie

I like full-blocky too. I think the lion designs from the cartoon are iconic. Honestly, I never really liked Voltron because of Voltron, I liked it because of the lions. That was always my favourite part of each episode, when the lions would fight the robeast before they formed Voltron.

I'm resigned that the lions will be updated/sleeked up somewhat, but I hope they stay true to the overall shape and spirit of the original designs, because they were badass!

Yeah, and while we're at it, let's set The Hobbit in NYC. And Superman. And Batman. And Avatar 2. And The Smurfs. Oh wait...

But seriously, I'm surprised they're not going for the big space fantasy. Didn't Avatar make that hip again?

its more expensive to shoot in the city too right?

its more expensive to shoot in the city too right?
Yeah exactly. I suppose there would be location costs, but surely shooting in a desert/forest/etc would be cheaper than NY-****ing-C!

Back to the blocky topic, I dug around my old computer and found these. They're studies that were done by the artists on the Voltron comics from a few years back.

lionblueprints2.jpg

lionblueprints1.jpg

I know they're just studies, but man it makes me think blocky could work if done right. You just need to add detail to the blockiness. But keep the overall form in tact.

Because come on, this **** is badass:

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

bllion.jpg

glcard26.jpg

Well... the second Transformers already had the cat-like thing. Just imagine it in red, blue, yellow and whatever

I like the concept art. It fits well if the movie is still Post-Apocolyptic.:up:

I know they're just studies, but man it makes me think blocky could work if done right. You just need to add detail to the blockiness. But keep the overall form in tact.

Because come on, this **** is badass:

Absolutely, those sketches are awesome and a good proof of concept.

I like the concept art. It fits well if the movie is still Post-Apocolyptic.:up:

i think the Statue of Liberty pic is homage to the millions of dumb who thought the Cloverfield trailer was about Voltron

Absolutely, those sketches are awesome and a good proof of concept.

Yeah, to me those sketches show you can take the original design and try to make them work, rather than just dismiss them and copy the Transformers style.

i think the Statue of Liberty pic is homage to the millions of dumb who thought the Cloverfield trailer was about Voltron
And maybe for a sense of scale to tell how big they'd be?

I dont know much about Voltron, but the designs are cool. Although the blockier ones look better

I'm hoping for a Zoids: New Century Zero film though

anyone else think it should not be on earth

because that automatically makes it too much like transformers being huge robots is a big enough comparison

how cool would it be if it was on another planet

Those designs disappoint me,I really want this movie to be good.Who's directing?

As far as the designs go, I'm not too fond of them jus for the simple fact it resembles Michael Bay's version of Transformers. I kinda wanted Voltron to have his own distinct look that would set him apart from TF. To some people, the blocky look may seem generic, but it could be done in a way that looks plausible and could fit in with the scope of the film.

anyone else think it should not be on earth

because that automatically makes it too much like transformers being huge robots is a big enough comparison

how cool would it be if it was on another planet

i agree with this. even if it looks just like earth.

If the film takes place on earth...they may as well just stop thinking about it and move on to another film.

i think they just want to make them relatable. I don't agree with it, but i understand.

plus it's a statue of liberty in one concept art. hardly enough evidence to fear.

The first new script for the new movie had the entire story set on Earth after a post-apocalyptic alien invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"