Webslinger81's Art

webslinger81

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I've finally created a thread to post some of my stuff. Some of it isn't comic book related, but I hope you'll find it just as entertaining to look at. I'll try to post new stuff when I can.

Here goes...

First off is a past contest entry: golden age Green Lantern...

1653goldenagegreenlantern.jpg

Second is another -now past contest entry: Bumblee of The Transformers

1653Bumblebee.jpg

Third, is a piece I did representing a great coach from Ohio State football history- Woody Hayes, and one of his players the 2 time Heismen Trophy winner Archie Griffin.

1653woodyOgriffin2.jpg

The next piece is another Ohio State Buckeye... Troy Smith- who is the current quarterback for Ohio State.

1653troysmithosu2.jpg

Ok, heres another one...

I know for most of us its nearing summer but heres the jolly old fat man himself... Santa.

I used a resource sketch for this- its a famous illustration from the victorian era. I forget the guys name who orginally did it, but I'll try to remember to look it up and post his name on here.

1653santa110305part2.jpg

Ok, back to some comic characters...

Heres a picture of The Fantastic Four I did this past summer. The Human Torch came out lookin' pretty sorry, but i was fairly pleased with the rest of them.

1653f4aug05part2.JPG

Back to more football...

I sold the Ohio State pictures at craft shows in my area, and a lady asked if I did Michigan pictures as well. So I HAD to draw one. Being a Buckeye fan, it pained me to do so, haha.

Here's Michigans Quarterback, Chad Henne.

1653chadhenneuofm2.jpg

Here is older pic of Green Goblin I did. Just simple crayola crayon and sharpie marker.

1653gobby2.jpg

Heres an abstract piece I did back in 2001. I've always liked it because of the color I used. Nothing was planned in it, I just sat down and went crazy with materials.

1653mindonfire.jpg

I love how you work with mixed media. The football ones in particular look great:up:

ampersand said:
I love how you work with mixed media. The football ones in particular look great:up:

Thanks. Yeah, I really do enjoy working with different media all together. I guess it adds some richness to it. Are you a football fan?

Oh, by the way... your avatar rocks.

webslinger81 said:
Thanks. Yeah, I really do enjoy working with different media all together. I guess it adds some richness to it. Are you a football fan?

Oh, by the way... your avatar rocks.

I love football:up: I didn't know there were people who didn't. I just found a picture of Brett Farve that I drew last year, maybe I'll post it up.

And thank you:)

ampersand said:
I love football:up: I didn't know there were people who didn't. I just found a picture of Brett Farve that I drew last year, maybe I'll post it up.

And thank you:)

Cool, post it, that'd be cool to see. Farve is still "da man". :) Packers just drafted AJ Hawk (former Buckeye) hope he helps get things turned around for Green Bay.

your welcome:up:

Love the Bucks, pics, expessially Troy..........but I don't know why Henne does not looked more confused and panicked, it would look more realistic with a dumb founded expression on his face............

Go Bucks..........Ginn,Gonzo,Troy,Beanie and Pittman.....should be a fun year...

Very neat stuff you got there Slinger! I love your FF and GG drawings the best!
icon10.gif
:up:

Pythenis said:
Love the Bucks, pics, expessially Troy..........but I don't know why Henne does not looked more confused and panicked, it would look more realistic with a dumb founded expression on his face............

Go Bucks..........Ginn,Gonzo,Troy,Beanie and Pittman.....should be a fun year...

LOL, Henne should have a panicked look shouldn't he? Being the Buckeye's own him and Michigan! :p Oh yeah, its gonna be a great year for OSU. I think I heard Sports Illustrated will have them ranked number 1 in the pre-season poll. BOO YAH.

Silver Sable said:
Very neat stuff you got there Slinger! I love your FF and GG drawings the best!
icon10.gif
:up:

Rock on Silver Sable, thanks for the compliments! :up:

Here are a couple peppers- still life. I did these in a colored pencil class I took this past fall. You can notice changes from the first to the second in how I layered color and learned to create a richer shadow.

1653peppers.jpg

Heres another football picture. This one is of Bengal's wide reciever Chad Johnson. Another mixed media piece.

1653chadjohnson.jpg

Here is a past contest entry of Hellboy. Just a simple pen & ink drawing.

1653Hellboy.jpg

Another old, old, contest entry. A Prehistoric Wolverine battleing sabertooth tigers. Done with water color w/ pen & ink.

1653prehistoricwolvie.jpg

I might try and round up an old comic strip series I did featuring Hyper, SHH!'s mascot and post them again. People seemed it get a kick out of it. :)

Here is the comic I started but didn't quite finish a couple years ago featuring Hyper.. the mascot of our own Superherohype! It's rough, but it was just for fun. Some of you might remember it, some of you might be seeing it for the first time. Excelsior said at the time I had drawn more pictures of Hyper than he had :hyper: haha, well here goes...

ENTER HYPER....

1653hypercomic1.jpg

Part 2

1653hypercomic2.jpg

Part 3 I didn't post. Due to the fact it's not colored. I did a plain pen out line of the whole thing and tried to color it using a program I had at the time. It was horrid, and I went back to coloring with marker again. In part 3 Hyper tangled with the Green Goblin- destroying his glider and ends up being struck by a water tower Magneto has managed to lift and hit him with. On to...

Part 4

1653hypercomic4.jpg

Part 5

1653hypercomic5.jpg

Part 6

1653hypercomic6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"