Marvel Films Werewolf by Night

This was absolutely fantastic. Incredibly creative and well directed. Have your self a year Giacchino, what a directorial debut.

More of these shorts please.
Giacchino will likely get the keys to bigger projects after such an amazing start. Either way sign him up now and lock him down for multiple projects.

Giacchino will likely get the keys to bigger projects after such an amazing start. Either way sign him up now and lock him down for multiple projects.

Maybe JJ Abrams or Jon Watts will turn to music composing now and provide the score. :o

Apparently so did many other people. If you do a search of "WWBN Krysten Ritter" it leads to a few articles. And also quite a few reviews compare Laura Donnelly to a British Jessica Jones.
Cool. Would love if they could cross paths in the MCU somehow.

Oh nice, I need to look that up! Hopefully someone at Marvel like Iman Vellani will think of that and bug Feige. :D

FedlD2OVEAAE7sp

If they do have Elsa in future MCU outings, I hope she stays the same and doesn't get the big red hair and pony tail. I'm quite happy for her to be Jessica Jones 2.0.

I personally do want to see Elsa get closer to the comics. Of course the hair and boots will never be as over the top in live action as in the comics, but I'd like to see them try something with the ponytail, long coat, twin rifles, and the bloodstone in a choker necklace look. It's iconic.

72c61493b1f7f1b72a04f397d77f4c89.jpg

A hairstyle like this would convey Elsa's style without being as ridiculous as the massive ponytail she has in the comics
113140218-ponytail-with-bangs-.jpg
5-high-messy-pony-with-long-bangs.jpg

Last edited:
I personally do want to see Elsa get closer to the comics. Of course the hair and boots will never be as over the top in live action as in the comics, but I'd like to see them try something with the ponytail, long coat, twin rifles, and the bloodstone in a choker necklace look. It's iconic.

72c61493b1f7f1b72a04f397d77f4c89.jpg

A hairstyle like this would convey Elsa's style without being as ridiculous as the massive ponytail she has in the comics
113140218-ponytail-with-bangs-.jpg
5-high-messy-pony-with-long-bangs.jpg

But maybe that would've suited a different actress. The way they've cast her and the way Laura Donnelly plays it, she seems like she would be just as unbothered about looking more super heroic as Jessica Jones was. This Elsa looks like she'd be more comfortable in a leather jacket and jeans.

If Marvel had recast Jessica Jones or Krysten Ritter didn't want to come back, they could've easily gotten Laura Donnelly in the role.

I don't think it needs to look like she's trying to look super heroic. People wear coats and have ponytails.

Something like this in colors a bit closer to Elsa's color scheme would already be great.
Women-PU-Leather-Trench-Coats-2020-Spring-Autumn-Long-Leather-Coat-Female-Fashion-Plus-Size-Women.jpg

Add a ponytail, bloodstone necklace/choker and a rifle. Boom. Elsa Bloodstone.

And if Ritter is ever coming back as Jessica that's all the more reason to make the two more visually distinctive.

Last edited:
This was amazing. Top Tier designs for the Werewolf and Man-Thing. Werewolf's fighting style was an awesome mix of man and beast. Perfect time to release, too. Wished that Donnelly's Elsa was more Elsa and less Jessica Jones 2.0 but other than that no complaints. I loved how the B&W approach let them do full gore - the MPAA is such a joke.

But yeah, this is a great touchpoint for Midnight Sons - Honestly would not mind if they gave Giacchino the keys to that whole thing.

Had a lot of fun with this. Marvel surprised me with this one.

Could have added an extra 40 minutes to this and given us a tight-90 camp horror feature for theatrical release too lol. I think people would have gone to the theaters for this last night.

This was amazing. Top Tier designs for the Werewolf and Man-Thing. Werewolf's fighting style was an awesome mix of man and beast. Perfect time to release, too. Wished that Donnelly's Elsa was more Elsa and less Jessica Jones 2.0 but other than that no complaints. I loved how the B&W approach let them do full gore - the MPAA is such a joke.

But yeah, this is a great touchpoint for Midnight Sons - Honestly would not mind if they gave Giacchino the keys to that whole thing.
I’m hoping the reception will lead to Elsa appearing again in the near future and they may get more ambitious with her comic looks when she’s in a different project. As @SirStrangefolk mentioned above in a couple of posts, a few light touches here and there could make a lot of difference.

Also this project better give the whole Midnight Sons idea a big push.

I’m hoping the reception will lead to Elsa appearing again in the near future and they may get more ambitious with her comic looks when she’s in a different project. As @SirStrangefolk mentioned above in a couple of posts, a few light touches here and there could make a lot of difference.

Also this project better give the whole Midnight Sons idea a big push.

I think the fact that Man Thing was called Ted, and Elsa calling him that seemed to calm him down makes me think that Ted was human at one point. I am curious to see how they go about telling his origin and who they get to play ted as a human. You can bring Stephanie Szotak back as Ellen Brandt before she went to AIM. The problem is what medium to tell his story. A Marvel Studios Special Presentation would be the best option I think. Show Ted in human form, with video footage of Ted doing interviews and lectures and then something happens that leads to his transformation. But there was also the Man Thing easter egg in Thor: Ragnarok. The special presentation would have to be extended I think to show how he ended up in Sakaar as one of the Grandmaster's Champions.

I think the fact that Man Thing was called Ted, and Elsa calling him that seemed to calm him down makes me think that Ted was human at one point. I am curious to see how they go about telling his origin and who they get to play ted as a human. You can bring Stephanie Szotak back as Ellen Brandt before she went to AIM. The problem is what medium to tell his story. A Marvel Studios Special Presentation would be the best option I think. Show Ted in human form, with video footage of Ted doing interviews and lectures and then something happens that leads to his transformation. But there was also the Man Thing easter egg in Thor: Ragnarok. The special presentation would have to be extended I think to show how he ended up in Sakaar as one of the Grandmaster's Champions.
Yep, sounds good. I’m up for a Man-Thing/Ted special to get deeper into this.

Extended yes. That's why it will have to be Giant Sized Man Thing like the comics so we get an extended feature.

I was surprised that this featured Elsa, as the lead actress looked nothing like her. But it was cool that she finally appeared in live action.

This was much better than most MCU shows, so I kinda prefer this format over a series (with a story good enough for a movie/special that is just stretched to siX to 9 episodes). I wish it wasn't black and white though. Personally the lack of color made it harder to watch.

I believe Ellen Brandt was married or involved with the scientist (ted) before he turn into man thing

I was surprised that this featured Elsa, as the lead actress looked nothing like her. But it was cool that she finally appeared in live action.

This was much better than most MCU shows, so I kinda prefer this format over a series (with a story good enough for a movie/special that is just stretched to siX to 9 episodes). I wish it wasn't black and white though. Personally the lack of color made it harder to watch.

I would've preferred it in 50s technicolor like these old Hammer movies. But since it was in black and white it didn't look old enough but very modern. It looked like a colour film that someone just desaturated rather than being filmed in black and white.

It was probably in black and white so they could get away with all the blood and gore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"