What announcements are you expecing this year?

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
It doesn´t matter if it´s at E3 or not, it doesn´t even matter if it´s going to be relesed this year, but, what are you expecting to be announced this year?
At this point my predictions are:

GTA 5
It makes sense because in Dec 2008, Take Two signed a new agreement with Rockstar to continue publishing their games until Jan 2012.
Take 2 will want a new GTA before the agreement is over. If i´m right, the game needs to be released this year.

EA / Starbreeze Project
In 2008, it was announced that Starbreeze and EA were hard at work at a new game which was going to reinvent a classic EA franchise.
Rumors start to fly left and right that it was a new Syndicate game (Syndicate was made by Peter Molyneux back at his old studio Bullfrog).
In 2009, a new project started between EA and Starbreeze, this time was a game based on Jason Bourne, which EA now holds the video game rights, after the closer of Sierra (EA holds the right to all Robert Ludlum's work, from what i could gather).
Last year, it was said that one of the projects was cancelled, but the other is right on track.
Which one was cancelled no one knows, but the one still alive needs to be announced this year.

Doom 4
I believe we will see something about it

Half-Life 3
Every year everyone is expecting it, but i say this is it, it needs to come forward.

Last edited:
We probably will see those games you mentioned, I also wouldn't be shocked to hear an announcement from Nintendo about their next home console... maybe WiiHD.

That will be it in regards to next gen consoles though, Move and Kinect are here for one reason... to extended the life of our current gen tech (I honestly believe they can't get much better right now) the only one with room to improve is Nintendo.

So... WiiHD, I'd expect it to be able to upscale current Wii games as well as maybe... maaaaaybe play Blurays?

We'll see, mine may be a bit of a stretch.

I'm looking forward to Street Fighter vs Tekken being dated, hopefully it comes out this year, it would be good for both Namco and Capcom, also I'm looking forward to seeing some stuff surface on Tekken 7.

Hitman 5.

Its the worst kept secret in the industry right now, they need to go ahead and announce the damn thing.

I'd LOVE it if they announced a new Kain game. It's been far to long since the last.

Grand Theft Auto V. It's been nearly three years since the last outing and I think it's pretty likely we'll hear something about it soon. Though I think a spinoff like "Vice City 2" or something like that is just as likely. Either way, I feel like the time is right for another GTA game.

A new Half-Life game. I really can't say for sure if I actually expect this or if it's just blind, desperate optimism. Will it be Episode 3 or will they abandon the episodic structure and just do a proper sequel? I honestly don't care, I just want more Half-Life.

A new Halo and at least one new Call of Duty are all to be taken as read.

Bungie and Respawn will probably announce their new games this year.

Like Benstamania, I suspect that Nintendo is going to unveil a new console, but I personally believe that the time for a "WiiHD" has passed. I think, if it happens, it's going to be totally completely new hardware.

Hitman 5.

Its the worst kept secret in the industry right now, they need to go ahead and announce the damn thing.

I know right, it's been quite some time since Contracts, we need another Hitman game asap

GTA 5. Please.

As much as I would like another GTA, I'm really not sure if they would come out with another sequel just yet. Last generation we got

GTA 3 - True sequel to GTA 2
GTA: Vice City - Spin off
GTA: San Andreas - Another Spinoff

later on down the line they released Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories, but I dont really count those since they came out on psp first.

Looking at the next gen GTA's we have

GTA 4 - True sequel to GTA3
GTA: TLAD - spin off
GTA: TBOGT - spin off

So I think they may save 5 for the next generation of consoles, but who knows I could be wrong

I'd LOVE it if they announced a new Kain game. It's been far to long since the last.

I totally agree with you :awesome:

I can see Capcom announcing Resident Evil 6.

Or another Darkstalkers game, i was reading on IGN about a week or so ago that one of the developers got alot of response from fans wondering will they ever see another Darkstalkers, he said that he had made mention of it to the people above him, but didn't get any word back

I don´t believe we will see a new Nintendo console this year, and neither an announcement of it
The reason is just one, Nintendo has the 3DS this year.
Sure, one is a portable and the other a home console, but still.

My call, 2012 for the next Nintendo console it´s a given.

Or another Darkstalkers game, i was reading on IGN about a week or so ago that one of the developers got alot of response from fans wondering will they ever see another Darkstalkers, he said that he had made mention of it to the people above him, but didn't get any word back
They could realistically do both and I'd buy both. I've never played a Darkstalkers game, but I always love the Darkstalkers characters in the VS games.

Speaking of fighting games.

I expect Soul Calibur 5 since the last was in 2008, and Killer Instinct for the XBLA.
In 2008, Rare said:

Sure! It's something that we've been looking at. It's all about building a platform where we can do that stuff without impacting the newer things here. It would be great if we could get Killer Instinct coin-op on there.

In 2010, Ken Lobb, Microsoft's General Manager for Live and Creative Director for Microsoft Game Studios said:

"Ahhhh, Killer Instinct, another one of my babies," mused Lobb. "I obviously have personal feelings about Killer Instinct, but I do think it’s got a place and again it makes that sort of sense... "Let’s bring something that people loved in the past and see how it does on the Live Arcade." Again, we haven’t started anything yet, so don’t freak out, but Killer Instinct is something that we’re constantly talking about."

"Actually after KI2, we started KI3 so there was some early work done on it," Lobb revealed. "Someday, maybe. I think in some ways – again, we don’t have any plans – but if we were going to do a KI3, we’d probably start with KI1 on XBLA, you know to a.) see if everyone is still interested in the IP, but also as a reminder of what it was like."

"Street Fighter is a great example of that, right?" he continued, "They obviously did Street Fighter 4 last year very successfully, but right before it, Street Fighter HD. It sold very well. I’ve always been a huge fighting game fan so I never really “got out” of Street Fighter, but when Street Fighter HD came out, I played the crap out of it. I was excited to get Street Fighter 4. I think the same thing could work."

Fighting games are big again, so...

Yea with the success of SFIV, SSFIV, MvC3 and most likely Mortal Kombat I could easily see Killer Instinct making a come back, even if it's just the original game on the XBLA.

Yea with the success of SFIV, SSFIV, MvC3 and most likely Mortal Kombat I could easily see Killer Instinct making a come back, even if it's just the original game on the XBLA.

I'd like for it to be a double pack containing both KI and KI2 or Gold. Since there is no more Midway, I guess we can kiss Psi-Ops goodbye, I was sure hoping we would have gotten a sequel to that game. :csad:

I think theres supposed to be an assassins creed announcement coming in may.....

Since there is no more Midway, I guess we can kiss Psi-Ops goodbye, I was sure hoping we would have gotten a sequel to that game. :csad:
Almost all of Midway´s Ips are in the hands of Warner Bros., so, as long as they have that Ip, there might be a Psi-Ops sequel one day.
The same goes for Spy Hunter, Area 51 and more

Speaking of Warner, i expected that Monolith announces what they are working on that prevent them from doing FEAR 3, my best guess, a new Blood game, as Warner bought the rights from Atari some time ago

Last edited:
Beyond Good and Evil 2. As unlikely as this is to happen, I'm hoping the release of the Beyond Good and Evil HD will help bring BG&E2 back into reality.

I hope Inis announces Elite Beat Agents 2.
I´m not into rhythm games, but i love this one.

I expect Max Payne 3 to be announced.
Darksiders 2 should show it´s head at same point.

I never played none of the games, let´s start with that, but i love characters, so, for that only, i would really be pleased to hear of a BloodRayne restart

Thi4f-(Not an announcement as it is just some damn news!) Come on Eidos you announced this game a year and a half ago! GIMME SOME NEWS! :cmad:

Half-Life 3-No explanation needed here.

Hitman 5-Just beat Blood Money for the third time on Pro yesterday. The series is too damn fun to stop now.

Duke Nukem Forever is somehow delayed.

Psychonauts 2 is made and breaks every record. Sells a billion units.

PS3 and Kinect will get pricecuts.

Resident Evil 6 will be announced and will be a timed exclusive. Not to Wii.

GTA 5 gets announced.

Sly Cooper 4 gets release date and will be able to be played on the PSP2 and PS3.

I know right, it's been quite some time since Contracts, we need another Hitman game asap

As much as I would like another GTA, I'm really not sure if they would come out with another sequel just yet. Last generation we got

GTA 3 - True sequel to GTA 2
GTA: Vice City - Spin off
GTA: San Andreas - Another Spinoff

later on down the line they released Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories, but I dont really count those since they came out on psp first.

Looking at the next gen GTA's we have

GTA 4 - True sequel to GTA3
GTA: TLAD - spin off
GTA: TBOGT - spin off

So I think they may save 5 for the next generation of consoles, but who knows I could be wrong

I totally agree with you :awesome:
TLAD and TBOGT were not spinoffs. They were expansion packs for GTA 4. Definetly not the same thing as GTA 3 to Vice City to San Andreas

Wasn't Max Payne 3 already announced? Using the same engine as GTA 4?

Yes, actually it was announced last year, they even had a few screenshots, Max is now bald, has a beard and seems to have gained a little bit of weight. If I remember correctly, the game takes place 10 years after MP2 in like South America.

TLAD and TBOGT were not spinoffs. They were expansion packs for GTA 4. Definetly not the same thing as GTA 3 to Vice City to San Andreas

TBH with you Havok, you're right, because they DID take place within the same city as opposed to the others I mentioned, but still, I don't know if Rockstar would put another GTA out just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"