What if... house of M had continued

Decimation was the only direct consequence. New X-Men and Young Avengers aren't linked to HoM. There was some mention about HoM at the begining of Civil War, but it still would have happened, the events that sparked it didn't have anything to do with HoM.

NO the new New X-Men where basically formed because of HoM, HoM might have been how Wanda's twins came back into existence.

I'm not sure what you mean. I wasn't attempting to be rude, I was seriously asking because it is believable that English isn't your first language. Jeez.

My bad. Its hard to tell someone's tone in print. Actually, english is my second language, despite being born and raised in California all my life. Its just bad spelling and occasional grammer issues that might make it seem that way.

NO the new New X-Men where basically formed because of HoM, HoM might have been how Wanda's twins came back into existence.

Okay, what are we calling New X-Men? The kids? 'Cause I have been on it since Academy X and the only thing HoM did was diminish their number, not make them New X-Men. The slew of murders reduced them even further, but it's still about the kids that started out BEFORE HoM. The name "New X-Men" is only cosmetic and has no relevance on what happens inside the comic. It could be called New Mutants or Generation X (or whatever the new generation is called) and the content of the comic would still be the same.

The twins could have existed before HoM. Hell, I know people have corrected me before when I've said they're Wanda's kids and they tell me that it's still speculation if it could be them or not.

Not HoM didn't make them the New X-Men, but the roster and the students left in the school are basically a result of House of M.

About the twins, I wasn't stating fact, I was just saying that it's a good possiblity that they exist because of HoM

Not HoM didn't make them the New X-Men, but the roster and the students left in the school are basically a result of House of M.

Okay, Supermarvelman, the point that I was making is that even if HoM hadn't happened New X-Men would still exist. Yes, it changed the roster and condensed them into a smaller group, but apart from that the title would still exist. The name is irrelevant, at least to me.

It's not like Wolverine: Origins which is a direct result of Wolvie getting his memory back after HoM. X-Factor is another title that could arguably be attributed to Hom, but the Maddrox mini already had some of the cast working for him so there's a good chance that it would still have happened. Layla is the only additional character that's part of the HoM phenomenon. And even then, who's to say that she would still have appeared regardless of HoM.

Yes the title would still exist, and I'm not argueing with you about the name, the name doesn't matter. But just like you admit, things that have happened to the team are a direct result of HoM. About Layla, I'm pretty sure she is a direct result of HoM, she was created by Wanda so she could fix what happened in HoM, she would've never existed if Wanda never created her, thats just MO, not fact. I think Layla still exists because Wanda subconsiously has plans for her that are yet to be revealed. I'd actually like Layla to beat up with Wiccan and Speed.

Yes the title would still exist, and I'm not argueing with you about the name, the name doesn't matter. But just like you admit, things that have happened to the team are a direct result of HoM. About Layla, I'm pretty sure she is a direct result of HoM, she was created by Wanda so she could fix what happened in HoM, she would've never existed if Wanda never created her, thats just MO, not fact. I think Layla still exists because Wanda subconsiously has plans for her that are yet to be revealed. I'd actually like Layla to beat up with Wiccan and Speed.

Was it ever mentioned that Layla was created out of Scarlet Witch's powers? It seems stupid, considering what she (SW) wanted and was trying to do. I was sure Layla was just a mutant who's specific psychic ability made her unable to be mind-warped into beleiving illusions or alternate realities.

I want to know how they explain Wiccan and Speed. It's an interesting idea, but at the same time, it's a "WTF?" moment.

She didn't want what she created, Quicksilver influenced her to create a world that there Father would've always wanted, she didnt really want to do it. So IMO, she subconciously created Layla, so the HoM could be undone, and Layla still exists because there are still things that need to be repaired, eventhough Wanda doesn't even realize it, not only would I like to see Layla comfront Wiccan and Speed, but I wonder what would happen if Layla and Wanda ever crossed paths.

She didn't want what she created, Quicksilver influenced her to create a world that there Father would've always wanted, she didnt really want to do it. So IMO, she subconciously created Layla, so the HoM could be undone, and Layla still exists because there are still things that need to be repaired, eventhough Wanda doesn't even realize it, not only would I like to see Layla comfront Wiccan and Speed, but I wonder what would happen if Layla and Wanda ever crossed paths.

Could you give me a comic issue reference so I can research? I'm a little skeptical because Wanda was giving all mutants and her friends what they really wanted so that they would finally stop fighting, and it backfired because Wolverine woke up with all his memories, and Layla was their to mess it up.

I'd have dropped Marvel entirely. I could barely tolerate HoM while it was occurring let alone for the remainder of Marvel continuity. The only thing that kept me going through that mini-series was the desire to see it end.
Alternate world things always seem corny except in the case of Age of Apocalypse.

Could you give me a comic issue reference so I can research? I'm a little skeptical because Wanda was giving all mutants and her friends what they really wanted so that they would finally stop fighting, and it backfired because Wolverine woke up with all his memories, and Layla was their to mess it up.

I cant give you issue references because it is only my opinion, it's just my threory of how and why Layla exists in the first place. The best reference tht I can say is HoM itself, but it's up to you what you take onLayla is.

I'd have dropped Marvel entirely. I could barely tolerate HoM while it was occurring let alone for the remainder of Marvel continuity. The only thing that kept me going through that mini-series was the desire to see it end.
Alternate world things always seem corny except in the case of Age of Apocalypse.

So you'd rather fall asleep reading DC books.

It seems to be his mission to continually break his own record of saying stupid stuff.

I actually think it was pretty good, I wouldn't have like'd it if it would've continued...but I enjoyed it

I told you guys he's trying to take GAH's place.

Do you guys sit around a circle jerk eachother all day long? Seriously this is worse than a high school clique. You guys are doing a damn good job cause I'm very close to not posting here anymore, but I know that would just make you ahppy, but at the same time make you sad cause it would be one less person for you pathetic *****es to pick on.

Do you guys sit around a circle jerk eachother all day long? Seriously this is worse than a high school clique. You guys are doing a damn good job cause I'm very close to not posting here anymore, but I know that would just make you ahppy, but at the same time make you sad cause it would be one less person for you pathetic *****es to pick on.

Circling jerking? You have reached a new low with that, I have no problem with that but.. What the hell did you get up to in high school? If that's what you imagine to happen in "high school clique's".

Also on topic :whatever: heh, that's a rare thing on this forum. I would probably stop reading Marvel, if the marvel universe was a utopia there would be even less reason to read it. Craptacular.

You dumb ****, I'm saying you guys are so buddy buddy that you might as well be circle-jerking eachother. The clique thing is totally seperate, you guys are like a bunch of billies that like to pick on specific people. In high school I played football and dated cheerleaders, and stood up for the kids that got picked on by fellow jocks. You guys are the jocks who think your **** doesn't stink.

You dumb ****, I'm saying you guys are so buddy buddy that you might as well be circle-jerking eachother. The clique thing is totally seperate, you guys are like a bunch of billies that like to pick on specific people. In high school I played football and dated cheerleaders, and stood up for the kids that got picked on by fellow jocks. You guys are the jocks who think your **** doesn't stink.

Can I ask a serious question?

Did you also throw the winning touchdown pass in the State Championship?:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"