What if... house of M had continued

and this isnt about other ways it "could of happened" this is about the way it DID happen... and what DID happen was a direct result of HoM

and this isnt about other ways it "could of happened" this is about the way it DID happen... and what DID happen was a direct result of HoM

I think that's the problem right there, you're taking it in that context. Me, I'm taking it in the cotnext of the title of this thread "What If".

sorry, but NEW X-men has been better then ever since Decimation... it made them adults. Though im still very sad Icarus and Quill are dead :(

That's ok, that's your opinion and we're still gonna differ. See, we even differ in that you now see them as adults and I still see them as young people trying to grow up.:D:up:

There's nothing I hate more than to hear people putting down DC, especially as long as DC's Vertigo branch exists.

Need I mention:

The Sandman
Preacher
Watchmen
Fables
Loveless
Books of Magick: Life During Wartime
Hellblazer

...and that's only several of them.

Not to mention the impact Vertigo made on the comicbook industry as a whole. And these are people, these people dissing DC, these are the same people who'd claim themselves as comic fans. DC...comics would be NOTHING without DC around and yes Marvel makes a large contribution to the industry aswell, but I think it's DC that's making Marvel feel like they need to do all of this outrageous stuff in the first place.

Read "Green Arrow" or Winick's run on "Batman" or some of Kirby's work with Etrigan. Or simply realize that Will Eisner entrusted "The Spirit" to DC and NOT Marvel for a reason.

'Nuff said...

...*****es.

None of this really means crap, it's all about taste, and all the titles you mentioned, I personally think are boring. Will Eisner entrusting "The Spirit" to DC means nothing. I personally like a lot of DC characters, but their books are just plain boring, and a little to campy, a little to black and white. Once in a blue moon, I'll read a DC book and I'll actually get excited to the point where I cant wait until the next issue, then a couple issues later it's back to being boring. Superman/Batman was very exciting, once Loeb left, it got boring.

I think that's the problem right there, you're taking it in that context. Me, I'm taking it in the cotnext of the title of this thread "What If".

That's ok, that's your opinion and we're still gonna differ. See, we even differ in that you now see them as adults and I still see them as young people trying to grow up.:D:up:

ahh but you see..i was responding not to the threads topic... but someone saying "all the events after house of M sucked"

btw, according to wiki, rawhide kids limited series in which he was gay... isnt in continuation...

"The Rawhide Kid reappeared in the four-issue limited series Blaze of Glory (2000), by writer John Ostrander and artist Leonardo Manco, and a 2002 four-issue sequel, Apache Skies, by the same creative team.

In contrast to character's standard look till then — a small-statured, clean-cut redhead — these latter two series found him grizzled, taller, with shoulder-length dark hair, and wearing a slightly less stylized, more historically appropriate outfit than his classic one. In fact, Blaze of Glory specifically retconned that the naively clean-cut Marvel Western stories of years past were merely dime novel fictions of the characters' actual lives.

A controversial 2003 limited series from the Marvel MAX imprint, the five-issue Rawhide Kid (the story itself titled "Slap Leather"), revealed him to be gay in this Marvel alternate universe. Although the series was labeled "Parental Advisory Explicit Content", the series, by writer Ron Zimmerman and veteran John Severin the story was actually tame and kitschy. Sales for the book were low and there seemed to be more publicity for the orientation of the character then there were actual readers."

I would have liked it. I thought House of M was good. I mean I'm speaking from a narrow perspective, as I've only read the main TPB, but I enjoyed it a lot. I thought a little more time devoted to it wouldn't have necessarily a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"