What if the accidents that made super villians didn't happen?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
Imagin if the accidents that turned scientists and people into super villians never happene. What would happen? For example what if Dr. Curt Connors didn't turn himself into the Lizard? He would have found a way for people to regenerate limbs. Anyone have any other examples?

Max dillon would still be working at a crappy job on power lines. Flint Marko would be on the run or in Jail. Doc Ock would still be a cranky professor of radiation. Sam Sterns would still be a janitor at the base. Basically they'd be living normal boring lives.

Herman Shultz would be in jail making stuff that didnt work right in the machine shop :o

There'd be that many more boring comics. Except Ultimate Spidey, who gets his ass handed to him by anyone so it wouldn't really matter who has powers or not.

OK, here is what I'm talking about. already said that Connors would have invented a way to regenerate body parts. Dr. Doom would have invented a way for people to talk with the dead. Bruce Banner would have created a Gamma Bomb. Norman Osbourne would have invented a serum to make a person stronger and smarter. Hank Pym would have invetned artificial intelligance. I think Galactus was created in an accident. Any other characters created by accidnets that were meant to do other things like inventing something to make the world a better place or drasticly change it?

There wouldn't be super villains.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Except Ultimate Spidey, who gets his ass handed to him by anyone so it wouldn't really matter who has powers or not.

Hahaha too true :D

The accidental ceration of Super powers seems laughable in almost all scenarios .... I try to ignore the pseudo scientific origins of most characters as they tend to be as accurate as Mystic Meg (Star signs chick from england). In some cases the origins are so absurd, the writers might as well have had the characters winning their powers on the back of scratch cards.

Not sure exactly what you mean here, but this seems very similar to another thread.

As far as I can see, if the super villains didn't get their powers, the'd still be villains but without the powers. I certainly couldn't see any of them using any of their natural talents for anything other than personal gain.

The only thing more ridiculous than the origins of some characters is their names.
Otto Octavious? Edward Nygma? Oswald Cobblepot? Leland Owlsley? Winslow Schott?

Ben Urich said:
The only thing more ridiculous than the origins of some characters is their names.

I disagree .... A nuke blows up .... guy standing next to nuke survives, gains twice his weight in organic matter from the air, has link to limitless energy source that instead of disintergrating him; provides him with limitless strength ? :confused: What was Stan lee thinking ?

Ben Urich said:

Edward Nygma isn't Riddlers real name. He had it legally changed from Edward Nashton before he became The Riddler...I still think Victor Von Doom is the most ridiculous though, with a name like that, how do you not become a supervillain?

yahman said:
I disagree .... A nuke blows up .... guy standing next to nuke survives, gains twice his weight in organic matter from the air, has link to limitless energy source that instead of disintergrating him; provides him with limitless strength ? :confused: What was Stan lee thinking ?

it wasnt a nuke, it was a gamma bomb, different than a nuclear bomb...true, gamma rays dont really do all that much to people in real life, but in the 60's people didnt know that...all sci-fi was like that back in the day too. Like Them, about giant ants that got that way from radiation, or Godzilla, who was a frozen dinosaur who got powers from radiation...etc, etc.

The Joker said:
Edward Nygma isn't Riddlers real name. He had it legally changed from Edward Nashton before he became The Riddler...

Oh. Cool. :up:

Hehe that Doom bit reminds me of that old Spidey Interviews subset from the 90s cards, remember that?

"Are you a real doctor?"
"Of course not...who would go to see a doctor named Doom?"

The Joker said:
it wasnt a nuke, it was a gamma bomb, different than a nuclear bomb...true, gamma rays dont really do all that much to people in real life, but in the 60's people didnt know that...all sci-fi was like that back in the day too. Like Them, about giant ants that got that way from radiation, or Godzilla, who was a frozen dinosaur who got powers from radiation...etc, etc.

In some interview he did a while back, he admitted to not knowing what Gamma rays were but he thought they sounded good. It's the same idea behind almost every superpowered person in Marvel.

Spider-man - Radioactive spider
Captain America - Super soldier serum and "exotic" radiation
Fantistic four - "cosmic" rays
You get the idea :D

I think the greatest of villains would have still turned to the dark side even without accidental power gifts...however a lot of them would have ended up in jail simply because they don't have the resources or skills to exceed in the crime world.

overall i feel that heroes would have a tougher time simply dealing with intellectual challenges throughout

What I was meaning was there seems to be alot of super villians who were scientists trying to do something when their experiment accidently turned them into super powered villians.
I know Curt Connors was trying to do something meaningful, but can anyone think of any others?

Artistsean said:
Imagin if the accidents that turned scientists and people into super villians never happene. What would happen? For example what if Dr. Curt Connors didn't turn himself into the Lizard? He would have found a way for people to regenerate limbs. Anyone have any other examples?

im gessing that heros would get real board

Artistsean said:

What happened to Dr. Curt Connors was not an accident, he did it to himself. It was just bad science on his part. Same goes for GG. Doc Ock on the other had was an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"