What if we got a second universe in the MCU multiverse that contained X-Men and FF?

Darkprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Endgame closes off the current 22 film arc so perfectly that it almost feels wrong to add anything more into the current universe. Why not expand the MCU multiverse with X-Men and FF instead and start another universe building towards another arc like secret wars or avengers vs x-men and have someone like doctor strange open a portal and do the occasional multiverse crossover with some of the original heroes. Otherwise the original earth is going to get a bit crowded. It could be a fun way to do what-if live action stories as well.

source.gif

FF and X-Men fit into the new status quo that Endgame leaves the MCU in just fine. It won’t feel crowded at all. Especially now that...

Both Iron Man and Black Widow are dead. And obviously Steve Rogers in his present day geriatric form isn’t going to be Captain America anymore. T’Challa, Strange, Hulk, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man(if the Sony deal is a long-lasting thing or Marvel gains the full rights), Clint as well as Bucky, Sam, and Scarlett Witch are all thats left now before Shang-Chi and more new characters like FF and X-Men are added to the mix and the current Guardians team could disband at the end of Guardians Vol.3 leaving the room for a new line-up for a new iteration of the team. That’s not really a lot of characters. And is way less crowded than the comics universe.

Even if they add Mutants and FF it won’t overcrowd the universe especially if it’s done organically as opposed by to rushing it. With the X-Men that will require Marvel taking time and starting small before they expand.

Last edited:
I’ll never understand how some want these characters to be separated. No it’s not going to be crowded. We had there own universe in the fox men movies. It’s time for them to join there marvel family. The universe is def not crowded. I don’t even think there are 20 heroes in total.

I’ll never understand how some want these characters to be separated. No it’s not going to be crowded. We had there own universe in the fox men movies. It’s time for them to join there marvel family. The universe is def not crowded. I don’t even think there are 20 heroes in total.

It wouldnt be seperate like the foxverse tho it would be just another earth in the larger MCU think of it like the arrowverse that has many earths in the same universe and crossovers once a year. It could also open up some more story telling opportunities if the new earth wasnt bound to the first 22 movies.

Last edited:
It seems needlessly complicated. An end of an era makes way for a new one with these characters.

Plus you run the risk of these characters not viewed as important. You've sidelined them to alternate earth, why should we care about those universes? All it would do is make those franchises easy to dismiss as less important than "main earth".

The MCU is primed for both the Fantastic Four and X-Men. The FF especially could be introduced at any time with no problem. There is no reason to sequester them off to another universe that you have to try and make the audience care about.

I don't think they need to split them off, but I do think they need to adjust slightly to become more like the comics.

Up until now, we've had pretty much every major character involved in nearly every major battle, but as they add characters they'll have to become more segmented - like the comics - with individual heroes or relatively small teams of heroes fighting their own battles and not everybody joining in. (and I think this may have been what Kevin Feige was hinting at with his comments about them no longer doing phases - I think future stories won't be quite as inter-connected)

But I do hope they continue to mix and match and feature multiple characters in stories (again, like the comics). Different combinations of characters allow very different interactions and help keep things fresh.

The Spider-Man Far From Home trailer however is a MCU game changer,.

It does mean giving up "its all connected", except when it isn't, but allows for an easy insertion of Fantastic mutants down the line.

The reason why the TV heroes never showed up in the movies is because they are in a multiverse. It's a kind of brilliant.

The Spider-Man Far From Home trailer however is a MCU game changer,.

It does mean giving up "its all connected", except when it isn't, but allows for an easy insertion of Fantastic mutants down the line.
This completely undermines the concept of what mutants are. I hope Feige/MS people have enough understanding of the X-Men to not make this change because they will ruin themes and philosophies that define the X-Men franchise

I would advise against taking Quentin’s claims of a Multiverse too seriously. The guy is a pathological liar and just because he claims he comes from a different universe doesn’t mean he actually comes from one. He’s an illusionist — deception is his game. Instead of being from a different fabric of reality its entirely plausible he’s fabricating a false reality to trick people.

My prediction is that the movie will reveal his whole story about being from a different reality to be a bunch of made up BS created as a cover story to hide where he really comes from or what his true objective is. It may be something that helps with his public image as this ‘hero’ for people to rally behind(we all know he’s likely going to be the main villian).

I'm sure it'll end up being a con but some stinger or easter egg shows that there is a multiverse out there, he just ain't from it.

The reason why the TV heroes never showed up in the movies is because they are in a multiverse. It's a kind of brilliant.
I don't think that the characters relegated to TV had any impact on the reason. But rather the FOX, Sony, Universal characters all "coming home" and trying to punch them into the story after 2023

I think the biggest argument for a multiverse would be to give the X-Men a world in which there's a more stark contrast between mutants and regular people and more inherent conflict than we've seen in the Superhero populated world. An alternate universe would provide the ability to have Sentinels and a darker, more dystopian world in which good and evil mutants are battling it out with the government doing what they can to maintain some illusion of control.

But I think they can find a way to make that work in the MCU. It just might not be as easy or with the lines drawn as clearly.

I think the biggest argument for a multiverse would be to give the X-Men a world in which there's a more stark contrast between mutants and regular people and more inherent conflict than we've seen in the Superhero populated world. An alternate universe would provide the ability to have Sentinels and a darker, more dystopian world in which good and evil mutants are battling it out with the government doing what they can to maintain some illusion of control.

But I think they can find a way to make that work in the MCU. It just might not be as easy or with the lines drawn as clearly.
That's what makes the mutant concept being introduced into the MCU proper so much more interesting. How does a post-Avengers world deal with the emergence of these beings?

I wouldn't love that idea considering that's basically Days of Future Past except it's the status quo always. And why would anybody care about what's happening in an alternative universe where mutants exist? You have none of the history and investment that people have with the MCU proper. How mutants affect/change the world that billions have grown to love over the past 11 years is what will matter to people.

There's also the issue of evolution. Mutants will replace humans. This does not apply to the normal MCU universe because mutants are not natural. They don't belong, they are an anatoly. Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister etc all of their ideologies no longer make sense. Why would anyone be afraid of mutants at that point

That's what makes the mutant concept being introduced into the MCU proper so much more interesting. How does a post-Avengers world deal with the emergence of these beings?

I wouldn't love that idea considering that's basically Days of Future Past except it's the status quo always. And why would anybody care about what's happening in an alternative universe where mutants exist? You have none of the history and investment that people have with the MCU proper. How mutants affect/change the world that billions have grown to love over the past 11 years is what will matter to people.

There's also the issue of evolution. Mutants will replace humans. This does not apply to the normal MCU universe because mutants are not natural. They don't belong, they are an anatoly. Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister etc all of their ideologies no longer make sense. Why would anyone be afraid of mutants at that point

:up:

On one hand, the comics did it reasonably successfully. On the other hand, I don't think the expectations of comic-book readers or the demand that the comic-book reality fits into a cohesive whole is nearly as high as it is for the films.

But as I say with a lot of things related to these films, Feige and Co have earned my respect, so I'm happy to sit back and be entertained watching what they do rather than getting too hung up on the details.

If Feige decides he wants an alternate universe, I'll enjoy that. If he sees a way to make it work in the current and future MCU, I'll enjoy that.

The introduction of the FF and Mutants should breath a lot of life into the MCU reality one way or another.

From the looks of things i wonder if mutants from an alternate dimension invade the post snap MCU it could be the beginning of mutant hysteria. So perhaps that dimensions Brotherhood, Magneto or random mutants starts to terrorize NYC and the government have no clue what they are could lead to the creation of Sentinels, either using Stark tech or chitari weapons. I think it'll be cool if we already have 5 or 6 members of the X-Men brought in, thus avoiding a lot of origin stories and we could the X-Men getting used to being in that dimension, Charles actually speaking out against mutant propaganda. OOhhh we can get Beast probably working with the Avengers

I know this will frighten/piss a lot of people off, but I'm going to go ahead and say it...

...an alternate universe could allow them to continue the history of the Fox X-Films and then roll them into the MCU for inter-dimensional crossovers.

Yeah, I hate the idea too, but it could be possible with the idea of a multiverse...

From the looks of things i wonder if mutants from an alternate dimension invade the post snap MCU it could be the beginning of mutant hysteria.
Wouldn't that make them less sympathetic? Unless they were refugees from a war or something like that.

I know this will frighten/piss a lot of people off, but I'm going to go ahead and say it...

...an alternate universe could allow them to continue the history of the Fox X-Films and then roll them into the MCU for inter-dimensional crossovers.

Yeah, I hate the idea too, but it could be possible with the idea of a multiverse...
Hence why the idea of the X-Men/mutants coming out of the multiverse is pointless. Why not just fold the Fox-Men continuity into the MCU at that point? The X-Men won't even really "be" in the MCU as we know it so you may as well just bring in McAvoy, Fassbender, Sheridan and Turner.

Ugh, I dont like it..

From the looks of things i wonder if mutants from an alternate dimension invade the post snap MCU it could be the beginning of mutant hysteria. So perhaps that dimensions Brotherhood, Magneto or random mutants starts to terrorize NYC and the government have no clue what they are could lead to the creation of Sentinels, either using Stark tech or chitari weapons. I think it'll be cool if we already have 5 or 6 members of the X-Men brought in, thus avoiding a lot of origin stories and we could the X-Men getting used to being in that dimension, Charles actually speaking out against mutant propaganda. OOhhh we can get Beast probably working with the Avengers
That's not what causes mutant hysteria, though. The point of mutant hysteria is the randomness of mutations and the prophets that forsee the end of the human race. You'd basically be turning mutants into an invasive species like Termites. They aren't even sympathetic at this point. It's just too big of a change to the core fundamentals of the franchise

Honestly, it would be a giant cop-out if they introduce the FF and X-Men through an alternate universe, because it skips on the character building process that the MCU has been so successful at. Let those characters organically weave with the continuity through current characters and have them appear as cameos or anything.

I would advise against taking Quentin’s claims of a Multiverse too seriously. The guy is a pathological liar and just because he claims he comes from a different universe doesn’t mean he actually comes from one. He’s an illusionist — deception is his game. Instead of being from a different fabric of reality its entirely plausible he’s fabricating a false reality to trick people.

My prediction is that the movie will reveal his whole story about being from a different reality to be a bunch of made up BS created as a cover story to hide where he really comes from or what his true objective is. It may be something that helps with his public image as this ‘hero’ for people to rally behind(we all know he’s likely going to be the main villian).

I could see Marvel doing a double bluff. Were told in the movie hes from another earth but he turns out to be lying. But the post credit scene reveals he was actually telling the truth and there is a multiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"