• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What is wrong with WB?

Marvel used to have a very talented man overseeing all of their projects AVI ARAD, but he has left to make his own Production company and will only be attached to Hulk and Iron Man, but after that no more for him, and while people are constantly criticizing DC for bringing out there movies (Catwoman, Constatine, Batman Begins, V For Vendetta, Superman Returns), they should really focus at the slate record that both comanies have had with hit and miss. Example DC 5-Movies so far only one failure Catwoman, while Marvel has had like 16 movies ( Blade, X-men, Spider-Man, Blade 2, Daredevil, Hulk, X2, Punisher, Spider-Man 2, Blade 3, Man Thing, Elektra, Fantastic Four, X-Men 3, Ghost Rider, Spider-man 3) 7 have been Complete Failure ( Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, Blade 3, Man-Thing, Elektra, Ghost Rider) and 3 have been just Entertaining movies(Fantastic Four, X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3) not to say they werent good or they didnt make money but they just werent up to par with the original 2 from there own franchises ( Blade 1&2, Xmen 1&2, Spiderman 1&2) and those 6 is all that Marvel can really brag about in quality, now Marvel should Practic a little something called QUALITY and not QUANTITY.
Dumbest post ever! Well not dumbest but so DC biased its not even funny. For the 7 "failures" that Marvel made, with the exception of Elektra they all made their budget back. DD grossed over $100 million for a $70 million movie. Same thing with GR. If SR is a success so is the Hulk. Your post wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so biased!
People often knocks Avi for him pushing out to many movies but out of the 15 Marvel movies that hit theaters, 10 of them went over $100 million, none of them being Blade but the franchise is still being considered a success. So that's 13 successful movies. WB can follow the same trade and recruit someone like Avi becuase they have well known heroes. I've been saying that GL is a star wars trilogy waiting to happen! Sadly the only way you'll see GL on the big screen is in the JLA.

because Whedon took too friggin long coming up with a draft that WB didnt like. dude couldnt admit that he is completely clueless about WW and the studio banked too much on his success on Buffy. besides he's a Marvel boy. the ironic thing about the whole project is that there are DC writers practically begging WB to let them write the screenplay but WB wouldnt give them a chance in hell.

I think that's being a bit unfair to Joss Whedon; He wrote two drafts over the year and a half he was on the project, and while it's true that he didn't do anything that the studio heads wanted, when he did ask them what exactly it is they wanted, they told him they had no idea (??!?) My personal theory is that they want something along the lines of Charlie's Angels or Tomb Raider....something on the campier side. And I doubt Whedon would ever want to do that, so they parted ways. And as for all these complaints that he was a "Marvel Boy"...I don't get it. Yeah, he was a bigger Marvel fan growing up, but I don't understand how that has any bearing. True, Sam Raimi was a huge Spider-Man fan growing up, and putting him in charge obviously was a good idea, but there are other examples of fanboys getting their hands on a property they loved ( like Mark Steven Johnson with Daredevil and Tim Story on Fantastic Four ) where the results were less than stellar. Bryan Singer never read an X-Men comic in his life before taking on the project, and according to most, that worked out just fine. Joss Whedon certainly did his homework on the history of Wonder Woman as well as reading stuff from Perez, Rucka, etc. It's not like he went in blind once he got the gig.

Not like any of this really matters now I guess. I highly doubt we'll see a solo WW movie any time soon, or even a Flash one for that matter. And come to think of it, I'd rather have Flash show up in a good JLA movie than anything directed by Shawn Levy.

i call it as it is Lestat. although i did raise an eyebrow when Whedon of the X-Men fame was hired to write WW, i was optimistic for him. heck he could write strong female characters, he can bring out the best in actors, its a win-win situation right? but if you followed the whole production from day one as closely as i and other WW fans have, its been a ride through hell. Whedon leaving the WW project was probably the best thing thats ever happened. he was miserable, we were miserable, the studios were just clueless on what to do, its best that they stop the project, step back and take some introspection.

btw, i think the studios, although not very clear with what they want, knew what they DIDNT want, and it was whatever Joss had come up with. Joss was seeing it one way, and the studio was seeing it closer to the comic book version. i have doubts on your theory about the studio wanting to go campy, because the minute Joss left they took a spec script off the market that was pretty close to the origin tale of WW in the '40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"