Frustration with WB.

What he means is, there will never be a whole bunch of Watchmen moives, cuz it's a stand alone story. DD, Hulk, Ghost Rider could have been, if more people had gone to see the movies. (Or if they were good in the case of GR and DD.)

What he means is, there will never be a whole bunch of Watchmen moives, cuz it's a stand alone story. DD, Hulk, Ghost Rider could have been, if more people had gone to see the movies. (Or if they were good in the case of GR and DD.)

Sure, I get that. But, for the most part, there are very few films that become significant blockbuster franchises.

And, when did we all become stock holders? What's wrong with making a standalone movie based on a significant storyline in the history of the medium and being done with it? Not everything has to be a trilogy. Heck, there is plenty of complaining about the quality of sequels all over. As a consumer, I'd rather have a good V For Vendetta than FF2.

Heck, there's the possibility that Watchmen will turn out to be the best superhero movie yet. I'll take that over a half dozen "franchises" that likely won't be anything special.

Last edited:
At least it shouldn't be, but they are planning a sequal to freaking 300. Oy.

Yup there's a huge problem with the studio mindset. Any bets that they'll try to make 300 into a trilogy? :csad:

Sure, I get that. But, for the most part, there are very few films that become significant blockbuster franchises.

And, when did we all become stock holders? What's wrong with making a standalone movie based on a significant storyline in the history of the medium and being done with it? Not everything has to be a trilogy. Heck, there is plenty of complaining about the quality of sequels all over. As a consumer, I'd rather have a good V For Vendetta than FF2.

Heck, there's the possibility that Watchmen will turn out to be the best superhero movie yet. I'll take that over a half dozen "franchises" that likely won't be anything special.

That's true.

I'd rather see RONIN as a followup to 300 and SANDMAN as a followup to WATCHMEN. Thematic and stylistic connections rather than straight sequels are appealing to me and I suspect to a large number of people.

Agreed, 300 nor Watchmen need sequels. There's great material waiting to adapted.

Agreed, 300 nor Watchmen need sequels. There's great material waiting to adapted.

Actually anything can happen in the world of fiction. They could write a story of the continued adventures of the 300 Spartans in Hades or in the Elysian Fields (that's what I would do if they gave me the job of scribing). The truth of the matter is that "300" producer, Mark Canton did speak of a possible sequel for the film if it was successful. Of course they would have to wait until after Frank Miller wrote another comic book, though.

Actually anything can happen in the world of fiction. They could write a story of the continued adventures of the 300 Spartans in Hades or in the Elysian Fields (that's what I would do if they gave me the job of scribing). The truth of the matter is that "300" producer, Mark Canton did speak of a possible sequel for the film if it was successful. Of course they would have to wait until after Frank Miller wrote another comic book, though.

Well, of course anything can happen in the world of fiction. Nothing is stopping them from making sequels to 300 or even Watchmen, as long as it makes good business sense. But should they? Maybe for 300 (I'm personally not interested in that at the moment) but they should definitely steer clear from Watchmen sequel ideas.

Well, of course anything can happen in the world of fiction. Nothing is stopping them from making sequels to 300 or even Watchmen, as long as it makes good business sense. But should they? Maybe for 300 (I'm personally not interested in that at the moment) but they should definitely steer clear from Watchmen sequel ideas.

meetthespartans_galleryposter.jpg

The answer to your question is yes, if they can make money off the idea and people like it (you answered that question yourself). Even 20th Century Fox tried to capitalize on the idea with their parody film "300 Spartans". When you've got something that is a hit you milk it until you can't make any money from it anymore. Then you store it in your vault in hopes to do a remake some 20 to 30 years down the line.

Last edited:
Omg, i just realized that we'll have to suffer a brainless parody from these guys where they try to make fun of Watchmen...

Omg, i just realized that we'll have to suffer a brainless parody from these guys where they try to make fun of Watchmen...

Evolution_movie.jpg

super-hero_167.jpg

Between "Evolution" and "Superhero Movie" it might have already been done before.

Between "Evolution" and "Superhero Movie" it might have already been done before.
Evolution had nothing in common with Watchmen apart from the smiley face, and Superhero Movie spoofed all the others.
I expect a lot of not funny jokes about Dr.Manhattan blue penis.

I can just see the skillful satire of Watchmen that will be employed in the next crap parody movie. An unfunny comedian walks on-screen in blue paint. He tells us he is Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, as these movies are catered to idiots who need to be reminded what films they're referencing. Then he falls over, or he farts, or a cow lands on his head.

Evolution had nothing in common with Watchmen apart from the smiley face, and Superhero Movie spoofed all the others.

I was wondering about the Evolution-Watchmen connection, myself.

I was specifically referring to the smiley face and "Watchmen" is a parody on superheroes.

Evolution was pretty good if you ask me. It isn't as ****ty as the spoof movies made nowadays.

I can see it now... Superhero Movie 2: Evolution. And the movie poster would have the 3-eyed smiley face with a red third eye :D.

We the comic fans need to barrage Warner Brothers with letters telling of our extreme distaste of their handling of the properties of DC comics. I think with enough people writing with their feelings from the heart and opinions, maybe we can get something done.

Are you trying to say they mishandled "The Dark Knight"?

We the comic fans need to barrage Warner Brothers with letters telling of our extreme distaste of their handling of the properties of DC comics. I think with enough people writing with their feelings from the heart and opinions, maybe we can get something done.

Well before we do that, lets just see how the next few movies are. The dark knight/batman begins were handled awesomely

....do you know who opens that mail?...interns and office staff....any bigwig at WB would probably laugh at it all.....

Are you trying to say they mishandled "The Dark Knight"?

No, I think he means overall. I mean it did take them a couple of tries in order to get Batman Begins out of them.Other than Bats, SR was O.K. theres nothing.

In your opinion, what are the problems with the DC films??

This thread is mostly gonna be speculation as none of us are the main leaders of WB and it is easy for us to say what WB/DC should do cause we dont have the production hundreds of films/comics to mind

Anyways I think that they just have no idea what to do. Simple as that. And since they dont know what to do they keep stalling. While they keep stalling all the actors/actresses they were interested in to play the role of one of the Superhero just gets too old. When they cast actors they think of franchise, so the actors they pick usually are relatively young (mid to late 20s). But when WB/DC sits on their asses then the actors they look at get too old for franchises. Take Bradon Routh, now that they are not sure that he is getting cast hes just sitting around getting older. And then its back to the drawing board to find another actor
ANd there lies another problem there aren't that many actors out there that could probaly hold a franchise.
I think DC needs to do what Marvel did and get their own film studio and have someone head that

But hey at least DC has the animated game on lock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"