DC you have more than just two heroes.

Agentsands77 said:
Elektra doesn't qualify as part of a Daredevil franchise, IMHO.

The Flash could get by with one film, but I think as a character, he'd lose audience appeal beyond that.

I just meant Fantastic Four has yet to have a successful sequel, so as of now, it has not proved itself as a franchise.

Yeah. I don't see a bright future for films like IRON MAN or those sorts, just because the whole superhero thing is getting to feel real passe. If DC was the only one making superhero films, it would hardly be flooding the market. But Marvel has superhero films coming out as well.

Perhaps never. It's possible that DC already missed the window to get such films out there in the market. But I don't think most of these characters can really support viable franchises. Most of them could probably do successful single installments, but multiple films? I'm doubtful.
Ah, so you need to be sure a character is interesting enough to support 3, 4, 6 movies before you declare them worthy? No offense, but IMO, that's quite ridiculous.

CConn said:
Ah, so you need to be sure a character is interesting enough to support 3, 4, 6 movies before you declare them worthy? No offense, but IMO, that's quite ridiculous.
Why? IMO, to deserve really being brought to the screen, the character should be interesting enough to at least support a trilogy of films. Hardly too much to ask.

Perhaps its ultimately because I don't really care if I see movies about a lot of these characters. I like a lot of these more minor characters (Shazam or Martian Manhunter or The Spectre, for instance), but movies based off on them are not really going to make my day or really make me excited in any way. I don't want to see comic book films just for the heck of it - I only want to see them if a truly masterful film can be created from their work.

Part of the problem with a Flash film to be made or Green Lantern film is that the studio is unwilling to take risks.Sure its a gamble doing lesser known heroes,but if you found the right writer and director who has immense love and care for the character you could end up with an amazing film.Another part of the problem is it's easier to write and direct a Superman or Batman movie because it's been done many times before and you just have to stick to the winning formula and don't take risks,but with these other heroes it's never been done and so it would be too hard to try and do it.In my opinion this is the main reason WB/DC haven't done GL or Flash yet because they'd rather go with the sure fire hit that will get them money.Personally I feel if GL or Flash was handled right you could end up with a film that could be just as sucessful or more than any Superman or Batman film.The main reason I believe we need to see these other heroes on the screen is because the studios are just redoing the same heroes over and over again and the public is losing interest and that is why Marvel is doing so well with the majority of their films is because they have never been done before.The comic book genre of film isn't dying it's just waiting for the next big thing and I believe that the Green Lantern and the Flash are the next big thing.So this is a plea to WB/DC please take a chance because it could really pay off in the end.

What do people outside of comic book readers even really know about Green Lantern other than he has a cool ring? I never really thought he was all that popular. They used John Stewart for JLU and I got confused.

The Batman said:
Yes, because TW ISNT trying to make movies on Wonder Woman, The Flash, Watchmen, Doom Patrol, Deadman, Captain Marvel, and Y the last man. Like films based on V for Vendetta and Constantine havent come out....

the stigma that WB only makes Supes and Bats is silly and outdated
WW and FLash have been stuck on the Anounced stage for years now and I don't cae things like V4V it's not even tecinicly DC just a smaller company DC owns. I wanna see a Teen Titans movie.

JaredThaJa said:
WW and FLash have been stuck on the Anounced stage for years now and I don't cae things like V4V it's not even tecinicly DC just a smaller company DC owns. I wanna see a Teen Titans movie.
Which lineup? original, or a more modern version?

JaredThaJa said:
Actually, Flash is under the control of David Goyer and Joss Whedon is in control of Wonder Woman. It all depends on how fast they write and package each picture. A Teen Titans movie would be good. What lineup would you want? I'd go for one of the recent ones from the books that included Kid Flash, Superboy, Robin, Cyborg, Wonder Girl, etc.

MalroyChick11 said:
What do people outside of comic book readers even really know about Green Lantern other than he has a cool ring? I never really thought he was all that popular. They used John Stewart for JLU and I got confused.
That's the nice thing about it, though. The average person has NO CLUE as to how immense the GL universe is. The movie would be a huge risk if done right and on a grand scale. However, if done correctly, it could easily put GL up in the same leagues as Spidey, X-men, Batman and Supes in terms of popularity.

My Line up would be across between the origonal version and TNTT Robin, Donna, Kid Flash, Speedy, Raven, Cyborg and Terra ofcourse she wouldn't be back for the Sequel.

JaredThaJa said:
My Line up would be across between the origonal version and TNTT Robin, Donna, Kid Flash, Speedy, Raven, Cyborg and Terra ofcourse she wouldn't be back for the Sequel.
Awww... But I liked the BB/Terra relationship in the cartoon.

DC does have a lot under their belt. Teen Titans alone would make a bundle if they cast it right and had a decent budget. Flash and Green Lantern are the next obvious choices as far as franchises go. Aquaman and Green Arrow could both do pretty well, if they're marketed right. One thing that would be very interesting is to create a movie based on some of the DC villains. Somewhat of an anti-hero thing.

The Cartoon sucked.

I did origonaly want ot include BB but I only want 7 Titans for the 1st film.

CConn said:
^ That hit the nail on the head. And let's not forget DC has turned quite a few of its non-superhero comics into movies - V For Vendetta, Constantine, Road to Perdition, etc. - that's something I sorta wish Marvel would've explored by now.
Blade & Punisher aren't technically superheroes.
I'm kind of under the impression that WB has little to no faith in their product, so they stick w/the sure sell. I doubt V For Vendetta would've even gotten made if not for the Wachowskis.

terry78 said:
DC does have a lot under their belt. Teen Titans alone would make a bundle if they cast it right and had a decent budget. Flash and Green Lantern are the next obvious choices as far as franchises go. Aquaman and Green Arrow could both do pretty well, if they're marketed right. One thing that would be very interesting is to create a movie based on some of the DC villains. Somewhat of an anti-hero thing.

Gotham girls.

By the way, what do you call casted right and what does marketed right mean to you?

dnno1 said:
Gotham girls.

By the way, what do you call casted right and what does marketed right mean to you?
Cast as in someone that slightly resembles their comic counterpart, and has an iota of acting ability, and is willing to both add their own thing to it and research their character.

Marketing as in no false advertising by making a drama out to be an all out action flick, or vice versa.

i'd go for the orignal Teen Titans Robin, Kid Flash, Wondergirl, Speedy and Aqua Lad

I don't see how Goyer's 'The Flash' would be a risk. Lots know who The Flash is. Plus, the marketing would be easy- 'From the creator of Batman Begins and Blade'. That's a selling point right there. Batman Begins. Goyer proved successful with Batman, so I'm betting he'll be successful with The Flash. Just get a great director. So, definitely think The Flash is another superhero film with a potential franchise.

Triligors said:
I don't see how Goyer's 'The Flash' would be a risk. Lots know who The Flash is. Plus, the marketing would be easy- 'From the creator of Batman Begins and Blade'. That's a selling point right there. Batman Begins. Goyer proved successful with Batman, so I'm betting he'll be successful with The Flash. Just get a great director. So, definitely think The Flash is another superhero film with a potential franchise.

Blade was created by David Goyer?

HighVoltage said:
Blade was created by David Goyer?
Goyer wrote the scripts and created the movie stories. Marv Wolfman created Blade for Marvel.

well, at least the Vertigo movies have been coming out as of late..

aside from that, I still want a Justice League film, with the Big Three at least.. but that won't be an option until after the wonder woman film comes out and the batman and superman sequels..

Warner Bros should just concentrate on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman (excluding the Vertigo movies like Constantine, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen). Have sequels made on them, have crossovers such as World's Finest (Superman/Batman), the Trinity, and Justice League.

Don't go overboard with Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Deadman, Sgt. Rock, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"