What team would hire to defend earth, X-Men, Avengers, or FF

MucasMan

Civilian
Reaction score
Given that we have seen three Marvel Comics teams on film now, who would you hire to defend earth against an alien force, based on their movie and comic book performaces --
X-men. Fantastic Four, or The Avengers. (Note: you can have a living Professor X, and a living Jean Grey/Phoenix in X-Men)

I'm going with X-Men because of thier depth. Also, because, of anyone we have seen on film yet, the Pheonix has the most power potential to defeat someone like Galatus, Thanos, Annihalis, Beyonder, for example (if Jean Grey can control her, of course), and Rouge could sap the powers of a great enemy.

Last edited:
Avengers.....we have a Hulk!!!! nuff' said.

Going by just the films. Avengers, by a long shot. Phoenix wouldnt defend, she would destroy...everything. X men are pretty weak on film.

Comics wise, I could debate for awhile so Ill say Avengers or X men. Probably X men. Phoenix is a risk though. Both teams have extremely powerful characters. FF dont stand a chance.

Last edited:
X-men, with a good line up.

I wouldn't hire the Fantastic Four for catering.

Avengers.

X-Men is more into dealing with their personal problems than saving the Earth.

Given that we have seen three Marvel Comics teams on film now, who would you hire to defend earth against an alien force? X-men. Fantastic Four, or The Avengers. (Note: you can have a living Professor X, and a living Jean Grey/Phoenix)

I'm going with X-Men because of thier depth. Also, because, of anyone we have seen on film yet, the Pheonix has the most power potential to defeat someone like Galatus, Thanos, Annihalis, Beyonder, for example (if Jean Grey can control her, of course), and Rouge could sap the powers of a great enemy.

That whole being dead thing might make it hard for her to control it though.

Comics wise, I could debate for awhile so Ill say Avengers or X men. Probably X men. Phoenix is a risk though. Both teams have extremely powerful characters. FF dont stand a chance.

:wow: I don't think that is true at all.
Not sure why everyone thinks otherwise, but to me, the obvisous choice is the FF. I mean, that's pretty much all they do. They save the world 3 times before breakfast, and save the Universe by dinner. In fact, they usually don't get called upon unless it is at the very least a global threat.
You can't beat having Reed Richards on your side.

Last edited:
A living Phoenix wouldn't really make a difference against the upper tier of Fantastic Four rogues. Fantastic Four all the way; there are problems the X-Men can't solve, and problems the Avengers can't solve, but very very few problems that the Fantastic Four ( by which I mean Reed Richards ) can't solve.

Assuming comic version, mind. Movie version, Avengers all the way. The X-Men are too weak, and the Fantastic Four are incompetent.

I Like the couple of people's arguement that the FF would be the best choice, and baseing this decision on the best scientist in Marvaldom - Reed Richards

Last edited:
:wow: I don't think that is true at all.
Not sure why everyone thinks otherwise, but to me, the obvisous choice is the FF. I mean, that's pretty much all they do. They save the world 3 times before breakfast, and save the Universe by dinner. In fact, they usually don't get called upon unless it is at the very least a global threat.
You can't beat having Reed Richards on your side.

Movie version its not even close. FF are ****ed.

If were talking comics then the FF are in the Avengers. As for by themselves in the comics that was never mentioned in original post. From stopping an Alien force coming to earth I can see that. From stopping an Alien force already earth, I dont buy it, thats a war. its happened in the comics but I cant buy that FF phisically have the power to even come close to X Men (maybe original team) and definitely not Avengers. Both teams have intelligent members as well as numbers and powers that overtake FF. Reed is a Scientist more then a war strategist, Avengers and X Men are both better rounded in that category. Being smart is gonna help but isnt gonna be everything when an attack comes out of nowhere. I think Scarlet Witch or Phoenix alone would take out FF. FF lack the power.

Imo it depends on which team members are on X men and Avnegers, Where/Who the Alien Force are/is and prep time before invasion or during invasion.

Last edited:
Yes, go ahead and base your decision on the team's potential, drawn from the movies and comics.

Based on their movie versions alone....

Fantastic Four would put up a good fight... Sue would confuse everyone (especially Hulk) by turning invisible.... but Wolverine would smell her out and take her down... Reed and Johnny would fight well, but I doubt they'd be able to take out Iron Man or Captain America or Thor... and movie-version Thing would be destroyed by movie-version Hulk.

Iron Man would take out Human Torch easily.

The X-Men would be wiped out easily too... movie-version Thor would laugh at movie-version Storm... movie-version Cyclops isn't even in the same ballpark as movie-version Captain America... I think all of the X-Men would be taken down by movie-version Avengers save for Wolverine and Professor X...

Wolverine and Xavier and Magneto (I'm not including Phoenix in my fight, the interpretation of her character was pitiful... she was just a zombie)...are the only real threats on the X-Men roster.

Hulk would need to fight Wolverine for the Avengers to have a full victory.

Shield/Stark would have to supply the Avengers with some technology to protect them from Xavier's psychic attacks.

Last edited:
Based on their movie versions alone....

Fantastic Four would put up a good fight... Sue would confuse everyone (especially Hulk) by turning invisible.... but Wolverine would smell her out and take her down... Reed and Johnny would fight well, but I doubt they'd be able to take out Iron Man or Captain America or Thor... and movie-version Thing would be destroyed by movie-version Hulk.

Iron Man would take out Human Torch easily.

The X-Men would be wiped out easily too... movie-version Thor would laugh at movie-version Storm... movie-version Cyclops isn't even in the same ballpark as movie-version Captain America... I think all of the X-Men would be taken down by movie-version Avengers save for Wolverine and Professor X...

Wolverine and Xavier and Magneto (I'm not including Phoenix in my fight, the interpretation of her character was pitiful... she was just a zombie)...are the only real threats on the X-Men roster.

Hulk would need to fight Wolverine for the Avengers to have a full victory.

Shield/Stark would have to supply the Avengers with some technology to protect them from Xavier's psychic attacks.

The original question wasn't, of the three, who would win in a fight against each other, but rather, what team is best suited to go up against any alien force.
Check OP

In Film: Avengers. Hands down.
In Comics: Avengers, even more hands down, especially since there is so much crossover between the Avengers and other groups.

The original question wasn't, of the three, who would win in a fight against each other, but rather, what team is best suited to go up against any alien force.
Check OP

my bad

Can I pick a fourth option?

The Defenders.

They're the group that was set up for the "holy mother of god" cosmic threats. Hulk, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer and Namor ---- that's the only four guys I'm gonna need.

Yup, we're good here. ;)

I agree with those who point to Reed Richard's brain. If you're talking about a true global threat, shear power won't be enough. It will need to be a thought problem and Reed Richards is acknowledged to be the best earth-dwelling mind in the Marvel universe.

. . . and I'd take the Thing over the Hulk even though the Hulk is more powerful.

The thing's energy can be planned and focused while the Hulk is as likely to do more harm than good.

It's like the difference between a huge and powerful traditional bomb vs. a smaller but much more precise laser-guided bomb.

FF236TerrorinaTinyTown.jpg

Come on!

The FF are like Doctor Who. The Oncoming Storm. The entire Multiverse knows that they protect the Earth. And they don't even do that for a living like The Avengers. Remember Annihilation? The FF stop that **** by themselves and have been doing it since the 60's. That guy who eats planets? He talks to Reed. Probably wouldn't give Tony Stark a glance. The Watcher? He broke his Oath to help the FF. The Surfer? Who do you think thought up how to release him from the barrier that kept him on Earth? Mephisto? Afraid of Franklin Richards. Celestials? Council of Reeds scare the heck out of them. Ever hear of the son of Franklin Richards and Rachel Grey? Makes the Phoenix look like Squirrel Girl.

I'll take the FF. That's who the Avengers call up in an emergency.

<I might be prejudice>

:ff: :ff: :ff:

FF236TerrorinaTinyTown.jpg

Come on!

The FF are like Doctor Who. The Oncoming Storm. The entire Multiverse knows that they protect the Earth. And they don't even do that for a living like The Avengers. Remember Annihilation? The FF stop that **** by themselves and have been doing it since the 60's. That guy who eats planets? He talks to Reed. Probably wouldn't give Tony Stark a glance. The Watcher? He broke his Oath to help the FF. The Surfer? Who do you think thought up how to release him from the barrier that kept him on Earth? Mephisto? Afraid of Franklin Richards. Celestials? Council of Reeds scare the heck out of them. Ever hear of the son of Franklin Richards and Rachel Grey? Makes the Phoenix look like Squirrel Girl.

I'll take the FF. That's who the Avengers call up in an emergency.

<I might be prejudice>

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Thank you!

Everyone is a on an Avengers high because the movie was indeed great, and granted, there is more raw power on that team..but like someone said, it will eventually take more than that. And the FF have proven that they are Earth's designated protectors time and time again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"