• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

1000028472.jpeg

Golda (2023)

Boring as sin, awkward as hell. I was craving for a smoke throughout the film and I'm a nonsmoker. Not only because Golda (among other characters) seems to smoke ten packs a day, but also because it might have offered a welcome distraction to the jarring dullness onscreen. Mirren isn't bad but I hope she's offered better roles and can leave disastrously untimely nonsense like this behind.

1709657605973.png
1709657626159.png
1709657636978.png

Still really love these movies, although I wish a lot of the humor had been toned down. Even as goofy as some elements are, I still like the overall mythology surrounding Victor Crowley. At some point, I really want to see what this series could be like if it were played straight without as much of a focus on humor & if the gore was maintained but far less over the top.

1709712472691.png
1709712520458.png
1709712542401.png

*sigh* This series started off so fun and with a really interesting mythology that felt like a fresh take on vampires & werewolves. These three films still (imo) hold up very well & are just as enjoyable now as when they were initially released. A shame the rest of the series divulged into a complete mess that didn't capitalize & expand on the unique mythology presented in the original trio.

Went on a Walter Hill binge.

View attachment 82563

I never saw Southern Comfort or Extreme Prejudice but Streets of Fire is one of my all-time favourite cult films :up:

I also love The Warriors. Johnny Handsome is another excellent film that he directed. It`s not that well known but I highly recommend it for Walter Hill fans :hrt:

Mulholland Drive is my favourite David Lynch film, not to mention one of the saddest movies ever made.

I never saw Southern Comfort or Extreme Prejudice but Streets of Fire is one of my all-time favourite cult films :up:

I also love The Warriors. Johnny Handsome is another excellent film that he directed. It`s not that well known but I highly recommend it for Walter Hill fans :hrt:

Mulholland Drive is my favourite David Lynch film, not to mention one of the saddest movies ever made.

It’s probably my favorite as well. It has such a strong hypnotic power to it. And for how strangely crafted and oddly funny it is, it is relentlessly tragic. Especially once you meet the lead, so to say.

SUNm5.jpg

Nothing Goldblum can do with the ridiculous script and the clunky actor sharing his Visions.

3/10

SUNmt.jpg

Fetus John Wick and Jack Bauer squabble over Lori Loughlin amidst the silliness, Joe Spano tries to take things seriously.

4/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"