What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

Rise of the planet of the apes
Dawn of the planet of the apes
War for the planet of the apes

I only saw Rise all the way through never saw Dawn or War, loved em all I forgot how AWESOME Weta Digital work on the CGI apes are they hold up very well more in War than Rise but still awesome. I am now up to speed so to say before I see Kingdom next month.

the cremator (1969)

the-cremator-vintage-czech-film-poster_1200x1200.jpg

Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver (2024)
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)
Animal Farm (1954)
Hunger (2023)
Fast Charlie (2023)
Disquiet (2023)
El Suplente / The Substitute (2022)
Madame Web (2024)
Outlaw Johnny Black (2023)
Find the Lady (1976)

Blood and Black Lace

Mario Bava's classic giallo still holds up pretty well 60 years later. The performances are good - although the version I just watched suffered from an English dub which made the dialogue sound stilted at times. The kills are pretty solid. The exposition's a bit heavy towards the end but it's still entertaining - and stylish as hell.

Don't Look in the Basement (aka The Forgotten)

Another 1970s 'lunatics are running the asylum' horror. A young nurse arrives at the very secluded Stephens Sanitarium to take up a new position. On arrival she's shocked to find Dr Stephens was recently killed by a patient. He left no paperwork regarding his decision to hire a new nurse, but his successor allows her to join the staff as previously arranged. The policy of the institute is that rather than try to combat patients' compulsions and conditions, they let them play them out freely in the hope that they'll just 'snap out of it'! On top of that, to encourage a feeling of 'family and trust', all patient bedrooms are on the same floor as those of the staff and there are no locks on anybody's doors! I mean, what could possibly go wrong? :funny: It's very low budget, but it's pretty well acted. Rosie Holotik who plays the nurse was a Playboy model just 14 months before (this is only her second acting role; she made just one film after this), and is weaker than the rest, but even she gives it a good go. Nice twist as well - one of those you know you should have seen coming but somehow didn't! 6/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"