My journey Across the Multiverse saga so far

1. Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse Saga
2. The Thors: Love and Thunder
3. Black Panther: Wakanda Today, Wakanda Tomorrow, Wakanda Forever
4. Ant-Man in the Quantum Realm of Mania
5. Captain Marvel 2
6. Thunderbolts* Origins: Black Widow
7. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Hidden Ten Rings

MV5BMzkyOTUzYTUtY2UzYS00MjY4LTljZWYtYzMyMmZlMWYwMjQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Land of Bad: No Man Left Behind (2024)

The Killer (1989)

BAsw9QJ.jpeg

Classic John Woo Hong Kong action flick from the golden era when you just didn't take out the bad guy with one or two bullets, nope at least a half mag were required per dude. And better yet with two guns simultainously lol. The shoot outs here (which are many) are totally ridiculous. And of course I love it.

There's some corny dialogue and "dubious" acting here, and a few just silly scenes as well. But Chow Yun-Fat being awesomely bad ass as expected totally makes up for every possible flaw (and his acting is totally fine as usual).

As a Scandinavian who typically had to learn reading subtitles on the TV at an early age (considering all the various foreign content), the English dubbing here is as usual a horrific experience. Would've prefered a original language version with subs. But that's obviously not the film's fault, just me whining and looking for more clouds to yell at.

In the end a highly entertaining over the top typical old school John Woo action flick, just as we want these to be.

I kid you not, there's more than one of below scenarious. As it should be.

lMAJNSt.jpeg

I3fXnUj.jpeg

Zappa (2020)

5uBn3Di.jpeg

In IMHO as much of an insightful documentary as one possibly might get about this totally once in a life time fascinating composer, artist, musician, guitarist, provocateur, almost once heading into serious politics etc etc. A truly modern renaissance man and American icon who constantly tried to evolve artisticly and constantly composed music 24/7 till his passing. It's quite baffling getting just a glimse of all the tons of his recordings stacked in those valves in his home.

The documentary also don't shy away from the controversial stuff on how he could've sometimes been seen as an actual egoistic a-hole, regarding how he needed total control and demanded draconian efforts of his musicians. His family (with four kids) seemingly had to endure his 24/7 composer persona as well.

I remember in like around 1980 hearing the song Bobby Brown on the radio from time to time, and thinking it felt as quite a commersial song since I associated Zappa with quite complicated music I didn't get as a kid back then. Well, it turned out that song was banned in several countries for it's controversial lyrics but was fine back here. In my teens I got the whole controversy and had a huge laugh.

He passed away 31 yars ago due to ****ing cancer. I'd love to hear his comments on the world we're living in now. A highly recommended documentary.

A personal favourite:

And of course the mandatory pic. I usually put it up here when WB once again has ****ed up (in which I honestly never keep up). I've named it: Frank always knew.

fRHwDlc.jpeg

Last edited:

5. Captain Marvel 2
8. Spider-Men: No Way Home

So I'm now on to the "team" movies which are only two!

THIRTEEN GHOSTS (2001)
1714700760851.png

This is another one of those films I missed seeing 20 years ago , but after finally getting around to it , I thoroughly enjoyed it .

Shalhoub gives a funny and at times , emotional performance, in this horror comedy which gives the film a bit of emotional grounding.

At the same time , the great F Murray Abraham, makes the perfect mustache twirling and egotistical villain.

90s mainstay Matthew Lillard, as usual, never fails to entertain in a manic performance , and Shannon Elizabeth, though not in it as much , is a stunning onscreen presence .

I really had fun with this film .

5. Captain Marvel 2
9. Guardians: The Last Stand or Dance

Home for the Holidays (1972)

Made for TV giallo-ish/slasher-ish horror/thriller/mystery movie. An elderly man believes his second wife is trying to poison him. He instructs his daughter to summon her three sisters (from whom he is estranged) to the family farm so he can tell them what's going on. The three reluctantly attend (their arrival coinciding with the mother of all thunderstorms, which continues throughout the movie), only to start getting bumped off by a mysterious figure dressed in a yellow hooded rain coat, carrying a pitchfork.

It plays out a little like 'Ten Little Indians meets I Know What You Did Last Summer'. The featured cast is strong on paper (Sally Field, Eleanor Parker, Julie Harris, Jessica Walter, Jill Haworth and Walter Brennan; two Oscar winners and two Oscar nominees in that lot!), but for some reason the acting by everybody is way over the top. Directed by John L Moxey (who did the Kolchak TV movie The Night Stalker the same year), and written by Joseph Stefano, best known for his screenplay for Hitchcock's Psycho. Given the year this was made and the medium it was made for it's pretty tame, but it's got plenty of atmosphere and that wonderful '70s feel'. 6/10

Last edited:
cxhofkj.jpeg

Planet of the Apes (1968)
5/5

cDbmvEy.jpeg

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
3.5/5

9DhPO3J.jpeg

Escape from the Planet of the Apes
4/5

ltChDYD.jpeg

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
4/5

a0lOMb6.jpeg

Battle for the Planet of the Apes
3/5

5. Captain Marvel 2
9. Guardians: The Last Stand or Dance
10. Eternals of the Galaxy

Now I wait for Deadpool v Wolverine: Dawn of X

Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Mario Bava giallo about a guy who runs a wedding dress design and manufacturing company in Paris - whilst having a sideline in murdering young brides whilst they're wearing their wedding dresses. That's not a spoiler; unlike most gialli, in this one we know who the killer is right from the start. The mystery is more involved with his motivation. We know that each killing helps him piece together some long-forgotten childhood trauma, and that he's compelled to keep killing until he's got the whole picture - but exactly what that trauma is we don't know until the end. Canadian actor Stephen Forsyth plays the killer, who in character feels like a cross between Norman Bates and Patrick Bateman, whilst looking like a cross between Clint Eastwood and Timothy Dalton (Forsyth only made 10 movies for some reason, of which this was his last). It's a bit lighter on blood than you'd expect from the title, and there aren't too many onscreen kills. But it does have a real switch-up halfway through when it becomes a ghost story! It's not as gripping as some of Bava's stuff, but it's still fun. 6.5/10

Zhou chu chu san hai / The Pig, the Snake and the Pigeon (2023)
Headless Horseman (2022)
Goodbye, Petrushka (2022)
XOXO (2016)
What Jennifer Did (2024)
Fabbricante di lacrime / The Tearsmith (2024)
The Antisocial Network (2024)
Unfrosted (2024)
****i Hanta / City Hunter (2024)
3:15 (1986)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back