Far From Home What would you like to see improved upon?

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Figured I'd make a thread to discuss what some of you would like to see improved upon in the sequel and going forward. For me it's easily the CGI and the supporting cast. They just overdid it in certain scenes with the suit and it looked bad in others. Another thing I'd like to see done better is the action/fight scenes. None of them really stood out besides the Washington Monument scene and the fights with Vulture were at night and hard to make out.

The supporting cast: I enjoyed Ned and May but I'd like to see a little bit more of Aunt May in the sequel. However, I didn't care for Michelle much (basically just indifferent) and Flash was :down

So, what about you? What do you wanna see improved?

No suit A.I. or any Iron Man interface or that suit glowing stuff.

This is Spider-man not Iron-Lad. I don't buy the theory that the A.I. was put in to be Peter's thoughts to himself like the comics.

Infinity War is obviously going to have all these things because he's wearing the new suit. But I hope he ditches that stuff afterwards.

Can't believe I saw a load of comments with tons of thumbs up on YouTube that want Spider-man to use that kill mode in Infinity War....news flash guys Spider-man doesn't kill...

I just wanna see an actual Spider-Man movie and not a Superhero version of Home Alone.

No suit A.I. or any Iron Man interface or that suit glowing stuff.

This is Spider-man not Iron-Lad. I don't buy the theory that the A.I. was put in to be Peter's thoughts to himself like the comics.

Infinity War is obviously going to have all these things because he's wearing the new suit. But I hope he ditches that stuff afterwards.

Can't believe I saw a load of comments with tons of thumbs up on YouTube that want Spider-man to use that kill mode in Infinity War....news flash guys Spider-man doesn't kill...

I sorta liked Karen but I agree. Not a fan of the techy suit.

I'm fine with him using it on aliens trying to invade earth

Someone doesn't know what a subjective opinion is. :o

Anyway, maybe referencing Uncle Ben? That's still my one nitpick from Homecoming. I didn't get the feeling Peter had lost an uncle other than that throwaway "she's been through so much" line.

Seeing that eventual conversation scene between Peter and May should be interesting.

Someone doesn't know what a subjective opinion is. :o

Anyway, maybe referencing Uncle Ben? That's still my one nitpick from Homecoming. I didn't get the feeling Peter had lost an uncle other than that throwaway "she's been through so much" line.

Seeing that eventual conversation scene between Peter and May should be interesting.

I'd think that would come when her and Peter discuss he's Spider-Man, but with Infinity War before the sequel...

In the sequel, Spider-man doesn't mess up as much since he's now gotten a hold of this tech suit. Most of the drama and story would be coming from his regular life with the superheroics interspersed in...that includes him not looking & feeling so bored outside of Liz Allen (who isn't in the picture anymore apparently anyways). Also, not making his regular life feel so inconsequential. Can't exactly do a "John Hughes" styled teen movie and not have characters drive the emotional beats of the plot. Supporting cast can actually be more than comedic fodder.

I'd think that would come when her and Peter discuss he's Spider-Man, but with Infinity War before the sequel...

Unless we get that talk in Infinity War, yeah, we won't see it until Homecoming 2.

- Less AI somehow (this is probably not going to happen)
- Better suit material / less CG improvement
- Spider sense
- Spider signal

That's it for me.

- Less AI somehow (this is probably not going to happen)
- Better suit material / less CG improvement
- Spider sense
- Spider signal

That's it for me.
Yes to all of these

Remove the instant kill option for one thing. Tony Stark said he wouldn't make weapons anymore, and you see him give a 15 years old kid something fatal.

Stop stealing stuff. I.D badge, chocolate milk, chemicals, a car, alien gems.... just stop.

Don't make him turn back and shy in fear from Flash Thompson, let's hear some friendly light banter between the two.

Throw "Penis Parker" out the window. I did laugh at it a little, but it's soooo stupid.

Give more meat to MJ as a character.

Let him have the spider sense.
In the sequel, Spider-man doesn't mess up as much since he's now gotten a hold of this tech suit. Most of the drama and story would be coming from his regular life with the superheroics interspersed in...that includes him not looking & feeling so bored outside of Liz Allen (who isn't in the picture anymore apparently anyways).
And this.

Does we really need to have a scene where they actually get rid of Kill Mode? Didn't they already do that essentially with him disabling all the stuff and rejecting The Avengers?

I have things that I would want different but it is weird to me that the coversation so far is fixating on the suit.

Not a scene, just get rid of the thing.

Does we really need to have a scene where they actually get rid of Kill Mode? Didn't they already do that essentially with him disabling all the stuff and rejecting The Avengers?

I have things that I would want different but it is weird to me that the coversation so far is fixating on the suit.

Well don't you think the suit is a large part of what makes Spider-Man, Spider-Man?

I mean I remember people complaining about the suit for Amazing Spider-man 1. Despite a few tweaks here and there, it remained fairly faithful but still people were actively upset about it at first and probably still are.

In Homecoming, we got an Iron Man suit made to look like a spidey costume and designed by Tony Stark. hahaha! I personally feel like thats the total opposite of what they should've done.

I want to see Spider-Man get a new internship along with Betty and Ned. Introduce JJ Jameson (assuming that that isn't who Riz Ahmed is playing in Venom), Joe Robertson, Glory Grant and Peter's friend in high school Randy Robertson.

That's what I want from Spider-Man.

the tech suit kinda made sense, since he is still young and at the start of his career, so he couldn't make anything better. Tony gave him the suit so it will have tech. maybe after IW he will get more comfortable in fighting crime on his own, without help of tech and he will develop his own suit.

the tech suit kinda made sense, since he is still young and at the start of his career, so he couldn't make anything better. Tony gave him the suit so it will have tech. maybe after IW he will get more comfortable in fighting crime on his own, without help of tech and he will develop his own suit.

All I really want for the character at the moment, but.....sadly I get this feeling they might just carry on with the tech stuff. :csad: :barf:

Please prove me wrong Marvel.

I'm also in the camp that would like to see the suit be stripped of the technology. At the very least, drop the whole AI/Karen angle.

I'm also in the camp that would like to see the suit be stripped of the technology. At the very least, drop the whole AI/Karen angle.

Indeed. The suit is too much like Iron Man, which obviously makes sense in the context of the story, but it's not Spider-Man. It's an Iron Man suit in the form of Spider-Man, I'm honestly surprised it didn't shoot repulsor beams.

The different kind of webs were cool and something I wanted to see from a Spider-Man movie, however I also wanted to see Peter make these to tackle certain villains or to just make his crime fighting easier and not just have Stark make them from the get go. We also can assume Peter had no input in the design of this suit or it's capabilities since he seems genuinely shocked at how it looks when he opens the case and with what it can do.

It almost feels like they did too much with this suit and now the cat's outta the bag. The general public might think it's lame if he goes back to having no fancy tech in his suit and that makes me sad.

You can easily get rid of the tech in the suit by saying that all the electric interference messes up his Spidey-Sense which is worth more to Peter than any fancy tech gizmo.

You can easily get rid of the tech in the suit by saying that all the electric interference messes up his Spidey-Sense which is worth more to Peter than any fancy tech gizmo.
That's a good one.

I forgot to add -- would also love if we got more "full-on" expressive lenses. What we got now is cool but it's only both eyes at the same time.

The bit where he's telling Karen to run back the footage and she plays his impressions in front of the mirror, he winks for a second proving that the lenses CAN emote ala Deadpool or some of the animated series, USM/TSSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"