Days of Future Past What you didn't like about X-Men:DOFP - Flaws/Critiques

Something that bothered me in the future is how Warpath didn't sense any sentinels after Storm blew up the x-jet. If he's a tracker technically he should've been able to sense the presence of the surviving sentinels.

Lol that seems to the excuse for all of them not be aware of the sentinels.

At first I was mad that Emma and Banshee were supposedly killed, but maybe they weren't?

Emma does have mind powers, maybe there is a chance she escaped (with whoever else she could take with her) had an opportunity to use her powers to make others think she is definatly dead and hid from the government/Trask?

I say this as although Azazel and Angel have autopsy photos I don't see those types of photos for Emma or Banshee. (Crosses fingers). Think it's possible?

I don't know that I buy them stopping the Sentinel program or something similar.

I mean, yea they stopped Mystique from killing Trask, Trask got arrested for hawking his wares to the Soviets and North Vietnamese, and Magneto turned his big day into a fiasco, but if Mystique assassinating Trask was enough to convince the government of the need for such an anti-mutant program, how is Magneto destroying RFK Stadium and the White House, and trying to assassinate President Nixon not enough?

I mean, I can see how the Sentinel program itself would be scrapped, but all that and the government didn't put any other anti-mutant programs into action?

Even if Magneto destroyed the RFK stadium and the white house, he hasn't killed anyone to warrant the government to begin their anti-mutant crusade. Mystique made sure of that when she stopped him from killing President Nixon and his staff but when she wanted to do the deed herself, it took Xavier's words of wisdom to convince Mystique to drop her gun. Plus, with the cameras filming every moment of it, the world would see that not all mutants are a threat to society knowing that the president was saved by a mutant, thus why the government cancelled the sentinel program.

Now would the cameras have caught Xavier's "apparition" to Mystique?

I would agree with this sentiment if a majority of those characters were interesting, but save for Emma, Banshee, and Havok, they really weren't IMO.

Their powers (minus Angel) were interesting enough to provide an action packed finale in both time periods. They could have even had them captured at first and had their rescue scene run along with Rogues rescue in the future, could have been cool...

At first I was mad that Emma and Banshee were supposedly killed, but maybe they weren't?

Emma does have mind powers, maybe there is a chance she escaped (with whoever else she could take with her) had an opportunity to use her powers to make others think she is definatly dead and hid from the government/Trask?

I say this as although Azazel and Angel have autopsy photos I don't see those types of photos for Emma or Banshee. (Crosses fingers). Think it's possible?

It's always an option they have if they want to bring her back. I have a hard time believing that a mutant with psychic powers, who was more skilled with her powers than Xavier, would not have been able to mess with some minds and get out of there. Unless Trask industries also had neural inhibitors as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"