Civil War What you didn't like about Captain America: Civil War - Flaws/Critiques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.
1. They were made in the 1990's
2. They were very unstable, so not that useful. Bucky was the perfect assassin.

I agree. My only gripe was when he said he wasn't the only Winter Soldier. I wish that line would've been delivered differently and eliminated him saying Winter Soldier. He should've said something along the lines of him not being the only enhanced soldier hydra had attempted to create or had created. To me, Bucky is the only Winter Soldier.

What I didn't like most of all is that there is no sense of finality at all.

Say what you want about Iron Man 3, it felt like an ending.

I think it would've been good if Iron Man, Cap and Winter Soldier took on the super soldiers at the end by themselves. And then, after defeating them, they stumbled upon the video of Winter Soldier killing Tony's parents. Then it could've progressed as the rest of the movie did.

So it still wouldn't have been an all-out action assault like in the previous Avengers films, but would've at least had 3 characters taking on this evil super team and being outnumbered. At least it would've been more satisfying than just finding them dead already, which seemed a bit anti-climactic.

I was glad they didn't fight the other winter soldiers.

So I hate to say this because I enjoyed both so much I kind of wished we did not have Ant Man or Spider Man in the film. They were really shoe horned into the plot. Both are extremely entertaining to watch -especially Tom Holland as Spider-Man whom was exceptionally well done but it could have been easily eliminated and that time spent elsewhere to make the story more focused on Steve and maybe trying to figure out if Bucky was a threat or not. Tony recruiting a 15 year old seems like such a bad and irresponsible idea.

I was glad they didn't fight the other winter soldiers.

Same. I wouldn't have hated it if so but I thought it was a nice subversion of where the plot seemed to be going.

My only real problem with the film is how I find the romance between Cap and Sharon Carter which seems a bit rushed in. And also creepy. I literally cringed in my seat. Sorry but there's something about being attracted to his former love interest's niece which is weird.

There are some problems with the movie, which is not as good as Winter Soldier.

- Crossbones dying
- Red Wing being replaced by a drone
- Captain America being called Captain Rogers or Captain Steve Rogers during the vast majority of the movie
- Unbalanced between superhero action and drama
- Spidey's suit given by Stark
- Aunt May being too young
- Peter calls her May instead of AUNT May
- He lives in an apartment and not a house. It might sound nitpicking but it really isn't because it speaks about Peter's background
- Ant-Man being extremely slow when going into Giant-Man mode
- The all Sokovia Accords are irrelevant to the movie, since it's all about Bucky being framed. It just adds to the convoluted plot.
- Zemo

But the biggest problem is the same in all Marvel movies, they are too much in love with creating a universe, and overdo it in the process.
There is nothing wrong with having just one superhero in a certain movie, they don't all need to be tied together.
Many times, less is more...

Maybe Aunt May and Peter couldn't afford to keep their house once Uncle Ben died, and had to move into an apartment.

My only real problem with the film is how I find the romance between Cap and Sharon Carter which seems a bit rushed in. And also creepy. I literally cringed in my seat. Sorry but there's something about being attracted to his former love interest's niece which is weird.
I agree.
Not the weirdness of being the niece, but that is too rushed. Even the kiss is weird.
They could have played that until the end of the movie, or keep for the 3rd.

Isildur´s Heir;33673661 said:
There are some problems with the movie, which is not as good as Winter Soldier.
- Captain America being called Captain Rogers or Captain Steve Rogers during the vast majority of the movie

But...it's his name....

Shouldnt be embarrassed to call the characters by their comicbook names.

In Top Gun, they had no such trouble calling each other by names such as Iceman or Goose.

And in Ang Lee's Hulk, they kept referring to the character as "Angry Man". Now which sounds sillier? Hulk or Angry Man, I ask you?

Shouldnt be embarrassed to call the characters by their comicbook names.

Talking about Captain America as a fictional character is a bit different than having someone actually BE Captain America in the real world and you KNOW their real name.

In Top Gun, they had no such trouble calling each other by names such as Iceman or Goose.

And in Ang Lee's Hulk, they kept referring to the character as "Angry Man". Now which sounds sillier? Hulk or Angry Man, I ask you?

They also didn't call each other their nicknames ALL THE TIME.

Besides, even in the comics, most characters, if they know the person's real name, either uses their last name or shortens it to a nickname i.e. Tony calling Steve "Cap" all the time.

They also didn't call each other their nicknames ALL THE TIME.

Besides, even in the comics, most characters, if they know the person's real name, either uses their last name or shortens it to a nickname i.e. Tony calling Steve "Cap" all the time.

But they called each other by their nicknames SOME OF THE TIME.

And that's the complaint here for some people. That they didn't use the name Captain America at all, but only Captain Rogers etc.

And that's the complaint here for some people. That they didn't use the name Captain America at all, but only Captain Rogers etc.

This is incorrect. Hell, Ant-Man called him Captain America twice alone.

I honestly can't believe some of the "debates" we have on the Hype sometimes...

I honestly can't believe some of the "debates" we have on the Hype sometimes...

In a weird way it's a good thing. It means there's really nothing substantially wrong with the movie at all. There are just small personal gripes based on very specific preferences.

But in principle, I agree. It's why I just read. I have nothing substantial to complain about with this film. The only thing I've voiced my opinion about is the Iron Man CGI.

I would say that goes into the theme of "Steve Rogers asserting himself as Steve Rogers, not the Captain America symbol" that runs throughout the film.

Nobody calls him "Steve" except for Bucky though (and maybe Natasha, I'll listen for it in my next viewing). Multiple people call him "Cap."

Agreed.

If I were to compare TWS and CW in an analogy, I'd say CW is an all-you-can-eat buffet where everything is really good but not A+, and TWS is a three-course meal that your favourite chef has made personally for you.

Perfect.

Agreed.

If I were to compare TWS and CW in an analogy, I'd say CW is an all-you-can-eat buffet where everything is really good but not A+, and TWS is a three-course meal that your favourite chef has made personally for you.

Cosigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"