What could be improved from the first Aquaman film?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I adored the first Aquaman film but I would be interested in what people would like to see improved on for a sequel. For example would you rather see something less bombastic or maybe even more crazy?

personally the only thing I want to see is more of Mera riding the orca

Dialogue and overall direction (inconsistent and too formulaic).

I definitely could have done without that Pittbull song haha

I would love them to redo Vulko’s look actually. I think that’s the only part of the first film that made me a bit meh

Heard's chemistry with Momoa. The women in the audience had better chemistry with him through the eyeball-screen connection than she did

I liked, didn't love Aquaman. For me, having what looked like hundreds of thousands of Alantians took away from Arthur being special.
It would be like clark discovering hundreds or thousands of kryptonians living in secret on earth among everyone.

I would have preferred Atlantis being mostly in ruins with only a few hundred living there, and Not star wars underwater.

That’s fair but I think what made him special is that he was the only one from two worlds which I thought was a cool take

That’s fair but I think what made him special is that he was the only one from two worlds which I thought was a cool take

I also agree with you there.
Arthur being a hybrid Atleantean/human, makes him very unique.
All the strengths & traits of both melded into one.

As far as what could have improved , I thought the script & James Wan's vision & direction was well above average.
With the screenstory he was given & his ideas, he ran with it & made it work, well done.
If I HAD to point somethign out, I would say making Arthur's reluctance to take the throne more of an issue & when he comes around to do it, showing how much he really doesnt like it but knows it has to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"