Far From Home What would you like to see improved upon?

His death didn't happen in homecoming. His death had nothing to do with Homecoming's ethos.

While I don't mind him not being brought up in principle, it does feel like he was deliberately taken out of the dialogue. Particularly in the scenes with Aunt May. For example when she lectures Peter about crime in Queens, it doesn't come off like she had personal experience losing someone to a mugger recently.

To be fair, she does come off like she's got anxiety issues. Also maybe the idea is that she is masking her grieving from Peter the way Peter masks his from everyone. Still, if that's the idea I feel Marisa Tomei didn't communicate it enough to the audience.

On the flip side, I do think there's a "happy accident" to Ben not being brought up. Moreso than any other Spider-Man film, it clears up any confusion as to whether Peter helps people out of guilt or out of a genuine life lesson that made him more heroic. It can be a little hard to tell sometimes. Maybe that too was what they were going for by not bringing him up, I don't know.

I think they are trying to seperate themselves from previous movies.

Sexy Aunt May, Flash being tiny annoying kid, MJ being some kinda outsider weirdo, adding Ned as sidekick, unseen villains etc.

His death didn't happen in homecoming. His death had nothing to do with Homecoming's ethos.

It had happened within a year of Homecoming according to the one line of gialogue we got. Yet it didn’t seem to bother Peter at all. Especially considering he had a hand in the outcome.

It had happened within a year of Homecoming according to the one line of gialogue we got. Yet it didn’t seem to bother Peter at all. Especially considering he had a hand in the outcome.

I think enough time passed by Homecoming to get Peter in a new status quo where it's not bothering him as much (by "not bothering him" I mean more that the heavy grieving is out of the way and he can enjoy life again, not that he forgot of him). We know it still bothered him in Civil War which is just three months before Homecoming, and he said he had those powers for about six months by the time he met Tony. So arguably Ben's death happened around half a year before Homecoming.

Still a little too close? Maybe, but I think I buy it in Peter's case. From what I read about trauma, people who distract themselves with work they find meaning in tend to recover faster than those who don't, and especially faster than those who distract themselves with unhealthy work (i.e. getting drunk). In Peter's case I imagine the meaning he gets from being Spidey helped him out a bit (now that I think about it, all versions of Spidey seem to "recover" in less than a year :hmm ).

I’d def cut out flash since he’s not threatening in the slightest. And Ned is kinda annoying. I know they want to be different but I think audiences understand it’s new and homecoming did a good job in winning back the audience. Now it’s time to go back to the way things were.

I think they are trying to seperate themselves from previous movies.

Sexy Aunt May, Flash being tiny annoying kid, MJ being some kinda outsider weirdo, adding Ned as sidekick, unseen villains etc.

Yep. For better or worse

Gotta love the holier-than-thou attitude here. That'll get you places in this forum.

Got to love how people are never happy even when they get exactly what they've been asking for. That'll get them the cinematic greatness that's right in front of them...

Peter mentioned it, so clearly between what he says in CW and Homecoming, he cares. But, if it has been nearly a year, eventually you move on to an extent. What happened to Ben just wasn't relevant to Homecoming. Honestly, it was great to get a Spidey film where that was less focused on.

That being said, now that May knows, having a talk about what happened would seem appropriate.

It reminds me of TDK. Where Wayne's parents aren't mentioned at all. Because TDK had nothing to do with Waynes parents.

Less tech dependency. Let the 'science nerd out', be self creative and not reliant on Iron Man.

Ditch the 'kill function', a) why would this be installed ? b) I know he didn't choose to use and refused but it's Spider-man, it's not Frank Castle. Also, given IM's shift away from military hardware, how does arming a 15 year old with the option of killing make this a 'shift away' from that thought process.

Introduce Harry in the next one and begin that roll out of the character arc.

Less tech dependency. Let the 'science nerd out', be self creative and not reliant on Iron Man.

Ditch the 'kill function', a) why would this be installed ? b) I know he didn't choose to use and refused but it's Spider-man, it's not Frank Castle. Also, given IM's shift away from military hardware, how does arming a 15 year old with the option of killing make this a 'shift away' from that thought process.

Introduce Harry in the next one and begin that roll out of the character arc.

According to Tom Holland, "instant kill" killed technology around him and not actual killing criminals or whatnot

Peter is obviously bothered by the veiled reference to Ben's death in Civil War ("when you can do what I can, and you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you"), and it's also vaguely referenced in Homecoming ("everything that's happened" with May).

I wasn't bothered by him and May not having some "let's talk about Uncle Ben" scene because there's not really anywhere it would have fit organically into the movie.

Also it's been probably six months or so since Ben's death in Civil War, and then Homecoming is another two months after that. I don't know what Peter should realistically be expected to be acting like.

While I don't mind him not being brought up in principle, it does feel like he was deliberately taken out of the dialogue. Particularly in the scenes with Aunt May. For example when she lectures Peter about crime in Queens, it doesn't come off like she had personal experience losing someone to a mugger recently.

To be fair, she does come off like she's got anxiety issues. Also maybe the idea is that she is masking her grieving from Peter the way Peter masks his from everyone. Still, if that's the idea I feel Marisa Tomei didn't communicate it enough to the audience.

On the flip side, I do think there's a "happy accident" to Ben not being brought up. Moreso than any other Spider-Man film, it clears up any confusion as to whether Peter helps people out of guilt or out of a genuine life lesson that made him more heroic. It can be a little hard to tell sometimes. Maybe that too was what they were going for by not bringing him up, I don't know.

His line in Civil War about how "the bad things happen because of you" definitely alluded to there being some guilt in his motivation, IMO.

Make it somewhat similar to the Raimi trilogy by having Spider Man go dark for the sequel

Also maintain that innonence somewhat but also there would be a lot more action but seeing Spidey be more of a crime fighter

The Daily Bugle that sort of thing

His line in Civil War about how "the bad things happen because of you" definitely alluded to there being some guilt in his motivation, IMO.

Oh there's definitely some guilt, but IMO it's secondary to the change in morality he had from Ben's death. A hero only helping people out of guilt would stop doing so after overcoming it, whereas a hero who went through genuine change (even if triggered by guilt) would continue to help people even after overcoming it. I think the MCU writers view Peter as more of the latter than the former (I personally agree with this).

No more AI suit. That's just BS.

Completely ruined the movie for me.

Peter becoming the Spider-monster? (Hulk and Black Panther??? anyone)
- Hulk crossover with iron spider hulkbuster or spider-beast-monster
-Black Panther
-Thor Crossover with Loki as a child?
- Dr Strange crossover
-Antman and Wasp crossover
-more avengers movies , battles and plots?

- villians like rhino, scorpion , Kraven , bettle, volture, schocker-mixed with bear? Ghost? spider-beast?

I like the younger spiderman motive and hope for more cross overs, villians and interestying battles, sense of humor and secret plot outtakes...

The iron spider suit in Infinity War looked nice but could looked more like old ironman suits , also was shown too fast and would need to show more abilities and tech wise in battle... maybe a other pilot for it in plot around symbiotes, spider-beast or other villians? imagine a villian stealing it and pretending to be spiderman?

Last edited:
Peter struggling with his life and being Spider-Man.

What made Spider-Man 2 such a great film was that fact that Peter was constantly getting **** on. Things like....

• Fired from his pizza job
  • The girl he loved was with another man.
  • His best friend thinks Spider-Man killed his father
  • Struggled paying rent

It was things like that, that made the movie more intriguing because you had an emotional tie to the character.

No A.I. suit or relying on Stark in general. I even have gripes with

Peter falling into Tony's arms in Infinity War before he dies, as amazing as Holland acted it out. People are constantly saying he looks like a "child looking to their parent", which is coincidentally the reason I don't like it.

I just hate how tethered he is to Tony now. I don't think he could ever be an independent character anymore at this point, they're just too close.

-hmmm? i like the iron spider armor if they do it right with Ghost I could see it battling Hulk, or maybe Rhino and be used in Guardians of Galaxy sequels and crossovers where more powerfull oponents appear.

- if spiderman will get in conflict with other avengers or we get a civil war 2 then this armor is good vs Captain Marvel and others, or imagine spiderman fighting his own armor under the control of a villian?

- if they plan a symbiot saga then iron spider armor will be perfect.

I dont have problem with A.I. if done right with mix of real armors like in the previous ironman movies.

Plus there would be a nice motive when to use "armor" and when to battle like a man.

I honestly want to see sandman and lizard again . They went fine right the first time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"