• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Whatever happened to the Hype! Awards?

Kritish said:
I wanna be dick of the year...

No, a true dick would say something along the lines of "I hate kids with caner - I hate looking at them because they make me sad, so I think kids with cancer should just die so I don't have to look at their stupid bald heads."

I wouldn't say that, but a real dick would, yours was just lame.

*disclaimer, Watchman loves little kids with cancer TM. I'm a philanthropist.

The Watchman said:
No, a true dick would say something along the lines of "I hate kids with caner - I hate looking at them because they make me sad, so I think kids with cancer should just die so I don't have to look at their stupid bald heads."

I wouldn't say that, but a real dick would, yours was just lame.

*disclaimer, Watchman loves little kids with cancer TM. I'm a philanthropist.

:up:

Yeah the true tragedy of 2006 will go down as me excluding myself for nomination as Dick of the Year

Not Jake said:
Yeah the true tragedy of 2006 will go down as me excluding myself for nomination as Dick of the Year

I'd vote for you.

Me too.

I'm thinking instead of an award based on knowledge, I'm gonna go with "Best Comics Poster" and "Best Movies Poster', for the posters who are best at posting in reference to comics and movies, not so much based on how much crap they can reference, but on how maddeningly awesome they are.

Okay, stuff is coming together. Hopefully I can get noms set up this week and then just come and tally stuff up at the end of the week, because I've got finals this week. Umm...I don't really feel like opening up all categories for nominee nominations from the public, as that would basically be like counting a huge ass amount of votes not only for the winners of the awards but also for who becomes a nominee. I think I need to run with Erz's idea and set up a panel of Hype posters who'll choose prospective nominees. I'd like to go with about 20 people, though, so as to cover a larger demographic. I can confidently pick some of the panelists, but I'd still like some input from you guys on which of your peers and betters you'd like on this.

Mayhaps I should start new thread on the subject

Daisy, TMOB, Twylight, DBella would be good to use.

This is going to end up like "Hey you didnt win the Oscar, but you got the Independent Spirit Award!"

Erzengel said:
Daisy, TMOB, Twylight, DBella would be good to use.
Thanks, Tmob is on my short list already. The others seem good to me too. Also Dew, Lackey, maybe...Cyclops:csad:

The Riddler said:
jake, change your avatar.

it's too bland!
it's king goddamn hippo, I'm pretty sure even The Riddler couldn't figure out how to beat him the first time he played him:cmad:

Well round it out, don't pick like the 2000-2003ers...throw in some of the newer people to make it more rounded...

Who posts in the movies forum that has some respect, if I have 20 people, I'd like to have the niches covered

Erzengel said:
Well round it out, don't pick like the 2000-2003ers...throw in some of the newer people to make it more rounded...
Well duh

I just started the list in my head like, literally 10 minutes ago, forgive me if my brain works off the principle of latency rather than recency

Not Jake said:
Well duh

I just started the list in my head like, literally 10 minutes ago, forgive me if my brain works off the principle of latency rather than recency

I will steal this whole thing from you again. :cmad:

And then remember why I got jaded and give it up again.

Which newer posters would you recommend, Erz

Oh, and you're going on the committee too. You can't shirk this work:cmad:

2004 and up?

Dbella, Wilhelm(Who probably won't want to do it.) Tsunulia (She's not on as much anymore but still good), Tzarinna, TripleFive, Babs Gordon, Colossal Spoons, AndthePickles, Iceman/Psylocke

So our job is to just collectively come up with 5 or so choices and then have it will be polled or voted on?

I was going to ask Wilhelm but none of those others had occurred to me:o

Wilhelm will do it when faced with the potential disapproval of his idol, me. I'm pretty sure I'm his idol anyway

Erzengel said:
So our job is to just collectively come up with 5 or so choices and then have it will be polled or voted on?
I'm thinking we'll have a big PM fest sharing our opinions and such with each other and then I'll cultivate the list from the various consenses and suggestions.

Sounds like a plan although it will probably just be you sorting through 20 pms and seeing who got the most noms.

I was so sure consenses was the plural of consensus but it turns out it's the unwieldy "consensuses"

Erzengel said:
Sounds like a plan although it will probably just be you sorting through 20 pms and seeing who got the most noms.
Yeah, but I'll compile the list and then PM it to the group and ask for notable omissions or objections and then make the final list after all the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"