• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What's The Last Movie You Watched? VIII - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dogtooth-poster.jpg

8/10

Yeah, that was pretty twisted. Not much else though, even if it was nicely directed.

"Lean on Me"

Morgan Freeman was riveting. Probably the best "teacher saves school full of hoodlums" movie I've seen.

Source Code

It's suspenseful from the get-go and I like the Hitchcockian vibe of the movie. Gyllenhaal gives a solid performance and the rest of the cast holds up well, don't like the ending that much but it works. With two movies Jones is shaping up as a good director and I can't wait to see more from him.

4/5

sourcecodeukquadsquares.jpg

Ghost in the Shell--8.5/10

It could probably use a little more runtime to flesh out its ideas some more, but the story, setting, and theme are still really good.

The Grifters--9/10

Another film that shows why John Cusack is a great actor and not just a sentimental favorite. He totally nails his conflicted con man role (Anjelica Huston and Annete Bening are very good too). The movie is pulpy and deep at the same time (it kind of reminds me of Jackie Brown or Out of Sight), thanks to writer Donald Westlake and Stephen Frears, who's quite an underrated director.

Source Code--7.5/10

Good but not great. The plot builds up well but gets kind of frustrating toward the end.

"Fish Tank"

Couldn't sit through the whole thing. I just have no interest in spending 2 hours watching skanky people do nothing with their lives.

Full Metal Jacket - 9/10

I'm surprised more people don't treat this as a comedy.

I can see the first half as more of a comedy. What I like about it is that both parts feel like a different film. But all throughout it's pretty twisted. I can actually see both parts be percieved as a comedy and twisted.

I can see the first half as more of a comedy. What I like about it is that both parts feel like a different film. But all throughout it's pretty twisted. I can actually see both parts be percieved as a comedy and twisted.

I treat is as an extremely pitch black comedy.

Sucker Punch

I don't know what would be better; having guys like George A. Romero, Alan Moore and Christopher Nolan take care of the stories and then letting Snyder apply his top visuals to them, or let Snyder loose and deliver an absolutely overcooked cluster **** like this. This was like watching a train wreck.

I will give props to Oscar Isaac, between this and Robin Hood, the guy makes for an amazing heel. I kept begging for him to do a film with Jason Statham, just because I know he'd die horribly in it. Can't wait to see more of him heeling it up.

"The Italian Job" (1969)

Well, I won't be forgetting that ending anytime soon...

The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

"Arsenic & Old Lace"

I'm usually a fan of these types of screwball comedies, but I didn't really like this one. Most of the characters were too dumb and Grant was too over the top.

The Tourist

I had it playing but I wasn't really paying attention to it while I was occupied with other stuff.. Don't think I will bother trying to sit through it again.

Really fat, unfocused and generally unfunny. What a waste of possibly one of the best comedy ensembles ever. Easily Spielberg's wort effort for me.

1/5

rec_poster.jpg

8/10

rec2-poster.jpg

8 or 9/10

I enjoyed both of these. I don't really have a preference between the original [REC] or Quarantine, but I suppose if given the choice I'd pick Quarantine because I think it was handled a little better in some parts. [REC] 2 I think I enjoyed a little more than the original, despite the virus' origin not being anything special. I look forward to Quarantine 2 and how it continues from the original Quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"