Rogue One Where do you rank Rogue One?

I loved R1 not as much as TFA but great film.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Rogue One
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Attack of the Clones

I'd put it last, but I don't mean to suggest it wasn't still a strong film in many ways. This is the first time that I ever felt that a Star Wars film took too long to hit it stride and the first time that supporting characters (Chirrut Imwe and K-2SO) were more interesting than the lead characters. Still, it ended with a flourish and justified its existence.

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Rogue One
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace
8. Attack of the Clones

7 and 8 can go either way

Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One
A New Hope
Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

I honestly think it was the best Star Wars movie I've ever seen, even though the first third of the movie seemed convoluted and had troubles. The characters were great and it was the first movie that actually felt like a war movie, which is a very good fit for Star Wars. I loved it.

I do like the "war" element of the film as well. Previously, we had some dogfights and discussions of war, but this felt like an actual war film.

For me

Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

Ranked it as my 3rd favorite but I could see it fluctuating anywhere between my 3rd thru 5th positions since I like TFA and Revenge of the Sith as well.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

After my first viewing it is definitely below TFA, ANH and ESB, at the moment I would also put it just below ROTJ as well, but I rate ROTJ higher than most. So would put it 5th at the moment. But that could change with another viewing.

I would rank it pretty firmly in third.

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Force Awakens
7. Attack of the Clones
8. The Phantom Menace

Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One
A New Hope
Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

I need to see this movie again before I can rank it but I thought I was the only one that had ROTJ at number 1 lol.

I need to see this movie again before I can rank it but I thought I was the only one that had ROTJ at number 1 lol.

It was my first Star Wars movie. Maybe I have a nostalgic thing for Ewoks at 6 years old, but the stuff with Luke and Palpatine really does overshadow everything else.

I loved R1 not as much as TFA but great film.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Rogue One
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Attack of the Clones

My list is nearly identical to yours. But my issue is that I often switch the first two around, depending on my mood.

1. ESB
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. Rogue One
5. ROTJ
6. AOTC
7. ROTS
8. TPM

Empire Strikes Back
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Rogue One
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. The Phantom Menace

Below anything in the OT. Above anything in the PT. Interchangeable with The Force Awakens.

Its interesting, RO and TFA are really two sides of the same coin. In the Rogue One review thread, I said that this movie lacked that certain "it" (whatever "it is") that Star Wars special, memorable and magical. TFA on the other hand, relied to heavily on the it and used the OT's magic as a crutch.

Very well put.

I still give the nod to Rogue One. It leans heavily on the old movies yes, but it was still an original story in it's own right. Plus it was exciting and reached near-OT levels with that final battle.

The only things TFA had to offer were lesser versions of what we've already seen.

I think the characters in TFA beat the pants off the R1 characters with ease. R1 is a plot centric story with a lot of fan friendly moments. The fact that TFA kinda/sorta tells certain elements ANH & ROTJ stories is mostly inconsequential because the characters are so good.

1) The Empire Strikes Back
2) A New Hope
3) The Force Awakens
4) Return of the Jedi
5) Rogue One
6) Revenge of the Sith
7) The Phantom Menace
8) Attack of the Clones

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads