Which comic book movie hero has the best Rogues gallery so far?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Which comic book movie hero has the best Rogues gallery so far?

Batman or Spiderman fo sho

Yeah. I have to agree with jsf. They're both great rogue galleries.

I'll take the movie versions of Joker, Two Face, Ra's and Scarecrow over Ranger Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Sandman, "Venom" and New Goblin... Movie Batman has the best gallery imho.

I don't think anyone else is even in the running.

GL1:

I agree.

The Hulk has shown some good villains in has movies just not on their level in quality.

If Iron Man continues movies as good as the first it'll join Spider-man and Batman's rogues galleries in time.

GL1:

I agree.

The Hulk has shown some good villains in has movies just not on their level in quality.

If Iron Man continues movies as good as the first it'll join Spider-man and Batman's rogues galleries in time.

Though Iron Man was amazing,Iron Monger does not even place in the Top-10 Comic Book Villains.

Joker,TwoFace,,Ra's,Dock Ock,Green Goblin,Abomination,Magneto,Mystique,Zod,Nicholson's Joker,Catwoman,...all better villains in my oppinion.

If the movie had a fault it was the mediocre villain...i'm looking forward to a better one in the sequel.

Though Iron Man was amazing,Iron Monger does not even place in the Top-10 Comic Book Villains.

Joker,TwoFace,,Ra's,Dock Ock,Green Goblin,Abomination,Magneto,Mystique,Zod,Nicholson's Joker,Catwoman,...all better villains in my oppinion.

If the movie had a fault it was the mediocre villain...i'm looking forward to a better one in the sequel.

Perhaps but that movie was more about Stark then the villain, Iron Man shouldn't have been outshined by the villain.

Besides Movie Iron Monger is still better than movie Lex Luthor.

Batman's villains have come off better in the long run. The Spidey franchise just has Green Goblin and Doc Ock. The villains in SM-3 were terrible.

Batman's villains have come off better in the long run. The Spidey franchise just has Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

Agreed.

The villains in SM-3 were terrible.

Sandman was great. They should have left Venom for the sequel and made him much darker. He had enormous potential as a movie villain.

I say the chiropter & the arachnid are neck & neck in that department. While I found Ra's to be understated & Scarecrow underused, the revamped Joker & redeemed Two-Face more than made up for it. The twisted duality of the Green Goblin & obsessive drive of Doc Ock were classic. Seeing Harry come full circle while Spidey battled a foe who his webs can't hold & his fists can't hurt-an enemy who doesn't want to even fight him? That was awesome. And before he can even start to recover from that, he's gotta go toe-to-toe with a gut who can match all his powers, all his moves & knows everything about him. This was the first time I'd enjoyed Venom in years.
As for the mutants, I loved Magneto, but he anchored the bad guys for all three films. Without him the rest were almost meaningless.
I don't think it's really fair to judge Hulk or Iron Man on the strength of one movie, one villain. So I'll pass on them.
And I'm waiting to be impressed by a Superman villain in any aspect.

I say the chiropter & the arachnid are neck & neck in that department. While I found Ra's to be understated & Scarecrow underused, the revamped Joker & redeemed Two-Face more than made up for it. The twisted duality of the Green Goblin & obsessive drive of Doc Ock were classic. Seeing Harry come full circle while Spidey battled a foe who his webs can't hold & his fists can't hurt-an enemy who doesn't want to even fight him? That was awesome. And before he can even start to recover from that, he's gotta go toe-to-toe with a gut who can match all his powers, all his moves & knows everything about him. This was the first time I'd enjoyed Venom in years.
As for the mutants, I loved Magneto, but he anchored the bad guys for all three films. Without him the rest were almost meaningless.
I don't think it's really fair to judge Hulk or Iron Man on the strength of one movie, one villain. So I'll pass on them.

To be fair Hulk did have two movies, so he does have more than one villain (he has Abomnation, David Banner and General Ross).

The sad thing is Superman has appeared in 5 movies, he has one good villain (Zod), one sub par villains (Lex) and a bunch of crap villains.

The sad thing is Superman has appeared in 5 movies, he has one good villain (Zod), one sub par villains (Lex) and a bunch of crap villains.
wha.... you didn't think Richard Pryor made a good adversary for the man of steel? :cwink:

i would say it's close between bats and Spidey, but bats wins out. Any flick with Michelle Pfeiffer in that outfit certainly gets my vote of confidence.

To be fair Hulk did have two movies, so he does have more than one villain (he has Abomnation, David Banner and General Ross).

I can't really put Papa Hulk in the same category as Abomination. General Ross was a villain this time out but I'd never shought of him as one before.
Okay-Zod was pretty impressive, I'll give you that. Smart, powerful, ambitious & swaggering-and Lex was TWO subpar villains. (Hackman & Spacey) We then got a Lex wannabe, Richard Pryor & a supercomputer, & a bad knockoff of Bizarro. Bring in Brainiac and/or Doomsday & I might actually go to see it. It's been about 30 years since I've gone to see a Superman movie in the theater, & I'm still waiting for a reason to break this streak.

Venom was ok in Spider-man 3 he just didn't reach his potential IMO. Harry and Sandman were far more interesting villains in the film with much more depth. Venom wasn't needed there.

I do like the idea of Riami's to make Brock a bad version of Peter Parker only they should have saved it for a full movie. Instead they made him to much of a comedian, which made it harder to see him a threat, and Brock was shown to much over the monster.

If they make a Venom spin-off they should make the character much darker like the comics.

Magneto is a great villain only they allowed him to take over the movies. Guess they couldn't do much about it since there are so many characters in the movie so the meatiest material must go to the most popular characters.

Mystique showed signs of great depth only she had to small a role. She needed to step out of Erik's shadow. Sabretooth is the same only it looks like his character is getting more depth in the Wolverine movie.

After 2 they should definitely have moved on from the Brotherhood. The X-men have much more interesting villains in their rogues gallery and they already had 2 films in the spotlight.

It's to bad Fox allowed X-men franchise to commit seppuku with 3. They could have made several films easily. :(

Agreed.

Lex and Zod were good. I do prefer Zod over Lex, though.

Christopher Nolan's Batman has the best rogues gallery.

Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, The Joker, Harvey Two-Face, Sal Maroni, the crime underworld, corrupt cops, and corruption in general. Nolan has transformed the role of the villain, and gave it vast depth and substance. While in other films, the villain often acts as the hero's counterpart, in Nolan's films, they seem to be more than that; a force.

Venom was ok in Spider-man 3 he just didn't reach his potential IMO. Harry and Sandman were far more interesting villains in the film with much more depth. Venom wasn't needed there.

I do like the idea of Riami's to make Brock a bad version of Peter Parker only they should have saved it for a full movie. Instead they made him to much of a comedian, which made it harder to see him a threat, and Brock was shown to much over the monster.

If they make a Venom spin-off they should make the character much darker like the comics.

Magneto is a great villain only they allowed him to take over the movies. Guess they couldn't do much about it since there are so many characters in the movie so the meatiest material must go to the most popular characters.

Mystique showed signs of great depth only she had to small a role. She needed to step out of Erik's shadow. Sabretooth is the same only it looks like his character is getting more depth in the Wolverine movie.

After 2 they should definitely have moved on from the Brotherhood. The X-men have much more interesting villains in their rogues gallery and they already had 2 films in the spotlight.

It's to bad Fox allowed X-men franchise to commit seppuku with 3. They could have made several films easily. :(

Agreed.

Lex and Zod were good. I do prefer Zod over Lex, though.
I hated Lex in both incarnations. Nothing about him made sense. I liked the 90's TAS version & Michael Rosenbaum. You can keep the others.

Christopher Nolan's Batman has the best rogues gallery.

Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, The Joker, Harvey Two-Face, Sal Maroni, the crime underworld, corrupt cops, and corruption in general. Nolan has transformed the role of the villain, and gave it vast depth and substance. While in other films, the villain often acts as the hero's counterpart, in Nolan's films, they seem to be more than that; a force.

Falcone & Maroni came up short in my eyes, & Scarecrow never really got his opportunity to shine.

Falcone & Maroni came up short in my eyes, & Scarecrow never really got his opportunity to shine.

They were apart of an ensemble cast of villains. It's not that they came up short or were underused, but that they served their purpose to the plot/story. The villain doesn't have to be prominent throughout the entire story to be "good" villain. Scarecrow didn't need to be in the whole movie or be anymore prominent than he already was. to be effective

I never said Crane wasn't effective. I'm just a big Scarecrow fan & would've liked to see more of him. As for the mobsters, I did find them ineffective.

Let's not forget Blade...Frost, the Reapers, Nomak, the Bloodpack...

nomak.jpg

blade2bp.jpg

DeconBlade.jpg

123458__blade_l.jpg

A fairly impressive collection of baddies, sadly discredited by Grimwood, Danica & Dracula.

Danica and her brother had potential as good villains. To bad they never got there. :(

A fairly impressive collection of baddies, sadly discredited by Grimwood, Danica & Dracula.

I don't think they are as big a minus as Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Jason Woodrue et al are for the Batman franchise. Although I agree Triple H was completely pointless, and Drake-ula is absolutely terrible.

I don't think they are as big a minus as Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Jason Woodrue et al are for the Batman franchise. Although I agree Triple H was completely pointless, and Drake-ula is absolutely terrible.

You'll probably-and understandably-raise this same argument in defense of Drake, but Freeze & Co. are (at least in my opinion) great characters who were rendered/portrayed badly. Which is why we're not factoring them in when judging Batman's rogues of the 21st century.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"