Which comic book movie hero has the best Rogues gallery so far?

And I was about to accuse you of overlooking the reapers, but you didn't. You did, however, leave out the one baddie who posed the greatest overall threat to Blade;

SERIOUSLY...

How could you forget...

VANESSA!?!?!?!?
sl016.jpg

You'll probably-and understandably-raise this same argument in defense of Drake, but Freeze & Co. are (at least in my opinion) great characters who were rendered/portrayed badly. Which is why we're not factoring them in when judging Batman's rogues of the 21st century.

Well, you've pre-empted my argument. I mean....it is Dracula. Yeah, Freeze, Ivy and Bane and great characters, but Dracula is one of the most influential, succesful and popular fiction characters of all-time. Blade Trinity really ****ed him up. Although not quite as badly as Van Helsing. Even worse is that Blade comes from a bloody Dracula comic in the first place, and The Tomb of Dracula always portrayed the Count in a very classic style, but made him something of a doomed, tragic anti-hero with dignity.

Gotta go with Spider-Man...

Then probably X-Men and then Blade....

Besides the Joker, all the current Batman villains have disappointed me. Visually, at any rate.

I never said Crane wasn't effective. I'm just a big Scarecrow fan & would've liked to see more of him. As for the mobsters, I did find them ineffective.

I'll admit, I was never a big Scarecrow fan, but Cillian Murphy's performance was so good, I became on. I liked the mobsters because I didn't see them as being major villains, as in the counterpart of the hero or one to carry the film. I liked them because they were just there, and showed that crime still exists and is in motion despite anything else happening; like all these crime and villainy happening at one time, but not seeming to be from one person. It was a different take, I guess.

Good one with the Blade mention, Kevin Roegele. That probably is my second favorite, Blade: Trinity aside. You had Deacon Frost, Jared Nomak, Eli Domoskinos, the Reapers, the Bloodpack, the Vampire Nation, everyday vamps on the street, and "familiars."

:up:

I like Spider-Man and Batman's rogues gallery.

Kevin:

Van Helsing did a better job with Dracula then Trinity.

medium_Batman%20-%20The%20Joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg

TwoFace.jpg

batman.jpg

batmanbegins1.jpg

Nolan's Batman definately. It's all in the acting.

I would consider Blade's villains but the third one has some of the worst villains I've ever seen in a comic book film. Huge disappointment considering Frost and Nomak's awesome. Oh, can't forget the Perlmen either.

Spidey's got great villains too.

I like Magneto and William Stryker in X-Men as well.

Well, you've pre-empted my argument. I mean....it is Dracula. Yeah, Freeze, Ivy and Bane and great characters, but Dracula is one of the most influential, succesful and popular fiction characters of all-time. Blade Trinity really ****ed him up. Although not quite as badly as Van Helsing. Even worse is that Blade comes from a bloody Dracula comic in the first place, and The Tomb of Dracula always portrayed the Count in a very classic style, but made him something of a doomed, tragic anti-hero with dignity.

I kind of liked his portrayal in Trinity, but I think that's largely b/c I had Van Helsing & Dracula 2000 to compare him to. It would've helped if he hadn't acted like he was afraid of Blade & stolen Frost's "take-a-kid-hostage-so-I-can-chat-with-the-daywalker" bit.
Still, how could you overlook Vanessa? Frost could've never taken Blade down without her.

medium_Batman%20-%20The%20Joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg

TwoFace.jpg

batman.jpg

batmanbegins1.jpg

Nolan's Batman definately. It's all in the acting.

I would consider Blade's villains but the third one has some of the worst villains I've ever seen in a comic book film. Huge disappointment considering Frost and Nomak's awesome. Oh, can't forget the Perlmen either.

Spidey's got great villains too.

I like Magneto and William Stryker in X-Men as well.
I mostly agree, but as I said, I put the spider & bat rogues in a tie.
And I truly liked ALL the X-villains, but I just felt like when it was all said & done, McKellen pretty much carried everybody.
magneto.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"