WandaVision Who is the "Luke Skywalker" level cameo in the season finale?

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Given that Elizabeth Olsen has made the comparison between WandaVision's finale and Season 2 of The Mandalorian who do you think will show up?

Doctor Strange wouldn't be a shock exactly. Given the focus on family and Fox-Verse Quicksilver returning I think we could see Magneto appearing.

Aaron Taylor Johnson and Evan Peters...

AS THEIR CHARACTERS FROM KICK-ASS! :o

Well if we are taking Cumerbatch's Doctor Strange out of the equation Ian Mckellen's Magneto would definitely fit the bill IMO, but it really could be anybody.

A small part of me is also wondering if it could be Patrick Stewart or even Hugh Jackman, but those just seem more random unlike Magneto who actually does have some familial ties to both Wanda and Pietro atleast.

I was debating someone yesterday who argued that Dr Strange is every bit as big of a deal as Luke and that grown men would be crying over his appearance just like they did with Luke.

Hogwash. It would be cool to see him...but not THAT cool.

Paul Bettany said he got to work with an actor he admires that he's never gotten to work with before. He HAS worked with Ian Mckellen. He has not, as far as I know, worked with Patrick Stewart.

But I have no idea. It could be any character...maybe Marvel is debuting a new villain with some legendary actor playing him.

If its a true "Luke" level cameo, it's gotta be someone from outside the current MCU roster, so any of the former Fox property characters would fit the bill.

There are people around, who say it’s Ian McKellen. I‘m laughing so hard about those idiots ( Like Jeremy Conrad) because they couldn’t even check imdb or wikipedia, or are maybe too young to remember The Da Vinci Code
Paul Bettany said, it’s an actor he always wanted to work with.

Would Michael Douglas as Hank Pym be considered a Luke Skywalker level cameo?

Would Michael Douglas as Hank Pym be considered a Luke Skywalker level cameo?
Not within the context of this show atleast. That more of a Hawkeye or Falcon and the Winter Soldier thing maybe.

I dont feel like the Quantum Realm will be needed to resolve this problem.

I'm banking on Strange or Captain Marvel if its Marvel's big hitters. Im hoping they dont cameo any more Fox-Men. The Quicksilve thing has me on edge as it is.

I was comfortable with the idea of the starting a new origin with these characters.

Obviously, the spoiler is ubiquitous at this point to arguably be moot but, as someone who hasn't seen the Mandalorian, I'm a little disappointed seeing a spoiler in the title of this thread.

Anyway, the context of the question is someone asked her if there's a Luke Skywalker level surprise and she said yes. In that context, it's not like someone would say "OK, maybe not Luke Skywalker but still pretty big." I'm also pretty sure that the interviewer asked if it was upcoming and didn't specifically ask about the finale.

Given that, I'm pretty sure she's talking about Evan Peters.

I don’t think so, if the biggest surprise happens in the mid of the series, than it’s really poorly written.
Also, she must‘ve heared about the leaked auditions, where the child actors don‘t want to wake up their uncle on the couch. The Evan Peters appearance was expected for over a year.
Luke Skywalker wasn’t leaked in any spoiler before. It was really a big surprise for everyone and even Mark Hamil was surprised it was never leaked

They could be using Michael Fassbender for Magneto instead so just ruling out Ian McKellen doesn't mean Magneto can't appear.

I think people are putting way too much emphasis on "Luke Skywalker Level". In the original interview Elizabeth didn't really say there a was something as big as that and Marvel themselves didn't necessarily invite that comparison. The interview asked if there were any big surprises like Luke Skywalker in Mandalorian, she just said "Yes." It's not something their Public Relations created and advertised. So just temper those expectations a bit and don't assume it will be that big.

That being said I feel the reveal in episode 5 more than fits that description giving the potential implications for the Multiverse and mutants in the MCU alone.

As for anyone else I think James Spader could work, for example if Mephisto's form in Westview was of an ordinary man with the chilling voice of Ultron that would be very as an antagonist for Wanda.

I was comfortable with the idea of the starting a new origin with these characters.
I completely agree, I have doubts Magneto will even be her father. Given how much emphasis there was in Apocalypse I feel like Marvel will want to avoid retreading that storyline for something more fresh and they probably would want to cast such a big role so early before any X-men centered film/show enters pre-productions.

I really hope that Ryan Reynolds and Evan Peters are the only carry-overs from the FoX-Men movies (and Peters might not really be that when all is said and done). Nothing against Fassbender or the others but I want to see a reboot of the X-Men. I like some of the choices that were made in that universe but I also felt that the series got stuck spinning its wheels when there were so many more places to go with the characters. Like, I know that a central theme of X-Men is confronting prejudice and bigotry, but it shouldn’t be the ONLY theme. There are plenty of good X-Men stories that aren’t so focused on “DIE MUTIE!” humans and instead open the world up to more fantastical places. I’d love to see a new X-Men series that explores those elements instead of just being reminded how sh**ty humans are over and over again.

Maybe that aerospace engineer Monica mentioned. Wouldnt be suprised if its Reed Richards

I really hope that Ryan Reynolds and Evan Peters are the only carry-overs from the FoX-Men movies (and Peters might not really be that when all is said and done). Nothing against Fassbender or the others but I want to see a reboot of the X-Men. I like some of the choices that were made in that universe but I also felt that the series got stuck spinning its wheels when there were so many more places to go with the characters. Like, I know that a central theme of X-Men is confronting prejudice and bigotry, but it shouldn’t be the ONLY theme. There are plenty of good X-Men stories that aren’t so focused on “DIE MUTIE!” humans and instead open the world up to more fantastical places. I’d love to see a new X-Men series that explores those elements instead of just being reminded how sh**ty humans are over and over again.

im really hoping Reynolds, and the DP cast, are the only crossover

gunna be so bummed if Peters is actually pietro and not the witness or mephisto or anyone else

keep the fox-men as far away from the MCU as possible... Jackman would be the only exception but hes too old now, unless they wanna do a real Old Man Logan movie. but nobodys gunna wanna touch that.

i think the safe bet is dr. strange. but i think bettany worked with cumberbatch before.

but part of me thinks it's patrick stewart. i think the whole meeting with marvel and passing on anything b/c his character died in logan is a misdirect. i think we're gonna see wanda about to kill someone or go ballistic then all of the sudden she hears a voice in her head and it's professor x.

I'm betting the Luke Skywalker level is Ryan Reynold's Deadpool. Dr Strange is someone we can all expect to see and I believe Stewart and Ian are done with their respective roles. Deadpool is someone no one would see coming but yet someone we know who is coming.

I really don’t think it’s going to be Strange. I’m not saying that I don’t think he show up; I’m just saying that I don’t think he’ll be the big WOW cameo if there in fact is one. I don’t think it will be anyone we’ve previously seen in the MCU. Because Strange showing up wouldn’t be much of a surprise, especially since we know Wanda will be in his next movie.

im really hoping Reynolds, and the DP cast, are the only crossover

gunna be so bummed if Peters is actually pietro and not the witness or mephisto or anyone else

keep the fox-men as far away from the MCU as possible... Jackman would be the only exception but hes too old now, unless they wanna do a real Old Man Logan movie. but nobodys gunna wanna touch that.
Marvel will not be bringing the mess of a continuity into the main timeline, I think they are just acknowledging those films as a part of the Multiverse, thus opening the door for fun crossovers like this and Deadpool. While there are a ton of actors I would be 100% on board with them reprising their roles, I'd rather they cast new actors who are willing to play these characters for the next 20 years, not actors who are pretty much over having played them for the past 20 years (seriously the first x-men film came out in 2000)
I really don’t think it’s going to be Strange. I’m not saying that I don’t think he show up; I’m just saying that I don’t think he’ll be the big WOW cameo if there in fact is one. I don’t think it will be anyone we’ve previously seen in the MCU. Because Strange showing up wouldn’t be much of a surprise, especially since we know Wanda will be in his next movie.
I don't think Strange will appear but I think someone tangential like Baron Mordo may.

Last edited:
Strange wouldn’t be much of a shock at this point, especially with Wanda already confirmed for Strange 2.

Edit: already covered above.

I don’t think so, if the biggest surprise happens in the mid of the series, than it’s really poorly written.
Also, she must‘ve heared about the leaked auditions, where the child actors don‘t want to wake up their uncle on the couch. The Evan Peters appearance was expected for over a year.
Luke Skywalker wasn’t leaked in any spoiler before. It was really a big surprise for everyone and even Mark Hamil was surprised it was never leaked
There may be other surprises without those surprises being surprise cameos.
Also, Marvel clearly didn't want Evan Peters' role to leak and even fired the voiceover actor who leaked it early so they obviously wanted that level of surprise.

There is no "Luke Skywalker level cameo". The only thing Olsen said was "yes" in response to a weirdly phrased question about cool cameos that hadn't been leaked yet. The rest is clickbait headlines. She herself never even mentioned Mandalorian / Luke or said that it was anything big. Just that she "was excited" which TVline interpreted as "excited for viewers to see what (or who) is coming". That's just fitting a quote into their crafted narrative.

We have Quicksilver, which hadn't been widely leaked when she was asked the question. Maybe there are more, but this "Luke Skywalker level" stuff is really just clickbait nonsense from shady journalists.

Last edited:
No more Foxverse characters please.
It would be amazing if it was tobey with his spidey 3 gelled hair flip cut
I like how the majority agree that the only Foxverse characters that are worth briging over are Evans Quicksilver and Ryan Deadpool.

Other than that I'd prefer to see Marvel interpretation

I know im in the minority here, but I preferred ATJs Quicksilver to Peters

Thats why Im hoping hes mephisto, which also feels somewhat related to his AHS history in a meta way that theyve been using a lot on this show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"