WandaVision Who is the "Luke Skywalker" level cameo in the season finale?

if you didn't know about evan peter's being in the show and he showed up as quicksilver, everybody would've went nuts. that's a HUGE cameo from the foxverse. but it was leaked thus lessening the impact.

plus the question was mandalorian had a luke skywalker cameo (referencing the buzz and shock level), does this show have one too? and she said yes b/c it would've been a huge shock at a really high level.

I disagree. Everyone knows who Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill are and understood the importance of his appearance in the Mandalorian.

Quicksilver and Evan Peters OTOH are virtually unknown to anyone who isn't deeply immersed in Marvel and X-Men. I'm positive that most people who watch Wandavision were scratching their heads when he appeared at the end of episode 5.

My wife knows Evan Peters played Quicksilver in X-Men and she knew that moment was significant, but I still had to provide the entire context around it for her to really get it.

So yeah, that reveal really only appealed to nerds. Casuals were more like “I know this is a big deal, but I don’t know why.” Like they aren’t knee deep in movie studio politics lol.

I disagree. Everyone knows who Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill are and understood the importance of his appearance in the Mandalorian.

Quicksilver and Evan Peters OTOH are virtually unknown to anyone who isn't deeply immersed in Marvel and X-Men. I'm positive that most people who watch Wandavision were scratching their heads when he appeared at the end of episode 5.
People keep taking the "Luke Skywalker" cameo thing too literally. She never even said that, an interviewer asked that and she just mentioned that there was a surprising cameo in the movie. Evan Peters is that surprising cameo.

This right here makes me think Paul has been trolling everybody

In an interview with HuffPost, WandaVision director Matt Shakman was asked about the cameo Bettany hinted at, and responded: "I'm gonna let Paul Bettany answer that question. He dug himself this hole. He can get out of it."

Well if I know today’s fandom as well as I think I do, I’m sure they’re going to handle Bettany’s bit of subterfuge with complete grace and dignity.

Worst thing they could do is have Doctor Strange turn up to "save the day".

This is Wanda's story and she should take centre stage.

I think Stephen will show up in the post-credits section of the episode. I think the last episode of this series will focus largely on Wanda and Vision (as it should in my opinion).

DS definitely will show up earlier than the post credits.
They stated more than once, that the TV series and the movies are connected. Also having another Abenger in the finale will make this bigger than normal TV series ( like AoS, the Netflix series, Runaways...)

You'r
DS definitely will show up earlier than the post credits.
They stated more than once, that the TV series and the movies are connected. Also having another Abenger in the finale will make this bigger than normal TV series ( like AoS, the Netflix series, Runaways...)

You're probably right. But I think it will be brief.

lol. And just like that weeks and weeks of obsessive(too obsessive) fan speculation dies within that moment. :funny:

Last edited:
I do think that there will be some sort of surprise cameo either in the episode itself or the post credits scene. After all, it's Marvel.

Man, I just love Bettany too much to care if he's still trolling or not haha.

Nice to finally have the bandaid ripped off.

I’ll admit, the speculation was fun, but I was never really that invested to the point of being disappointed if the secret cameo didn’t fulfill expectations I had set up in my own head that the show never really confirmed or teased in the first place. Speculation, if taken too far, can become the thing you watch the show for, instead of just watching the show for the show itself.

For me, it was never really about the supposed rumors of what future projects would spawn from this series and what implications those would have in the future of the MCU. It was about the engaging and emotional journey we were taking with Wanda and how she deals with her trauma and grief, how that unfolds, all of the great performances, etc. That’s the draw for me. If that other stuff had happened, it could have been a nice bonus to an already fantastic show. There’s also the possibility those things could have detracted from the main story, which, if that did happen, then I’m really glad we didn’t get those things.

Sometimes, what you get is what you get, and that’s okay.

For me... i just don't think we've seen the full cast of players yet. Who's the big bad guy here? Agatha? Wanda? Neither of them seem to really fit the bill. My feelings are that there is more than meets the eye here, and a new player will reveal him/herself. And that's the actor/actress that Bethany was teasing. All this stuff now about it "really being him all along" seems pretty silly to me. If that's what happens, then that's what happens.... but I'm just not buying Agatha as the end-all, be-all here. There's someone else, behind the scenes.

There’s always a bigger fish...

For me... i just don't think we've seen the full cast of players yet. Who's the big bad guy here? Agatha? Wanda? Neither of them seem to really fit the bill. My feelings are that there is more than meets the eye here, and a new player will reveal him/herself. And that's the actor/actress that Bethany was teasing. All this stuff now about it "really being him all along" seems pretty silly to me. If that's what happens, then that's what happens.... but I'm just not buying Agatha as the end-all, be-all here. There's someone else, behind the scenes.
Well, I'm sorry to break it to you but the secret cameo Bettany was talking about was himself. He admitted it, just read a few posts above. It's right there. I think we have all of our major players.

Well, I'm sorry to break it to you but the secret cameo Bettany was talking about was himself. He admitted it, just read a few posts above. It's right there. I think we have all of our major players.

we’ll see. I’m open to being wrong, but I’m sticking with my position.

we’ll see. I’m open to being wrong, but I’m sticking with my position.
Lol, it's not a matter of positions. It's a matter of Paul Bettany coming out and saying, "Yes, the person who I said I was working alongside with was actually just me, and I was just being coy for one big joke," which you can read for yourself a mere 8 posts before this. It's not that we'll see. He said it; we saw. Let's not hype ourselves up for a nonexistent cameo from some famous character or actor. If anything, we would only get Nightmare as a second villain, but introducing a villain in the final act of a movie who hasn't been acknowledged themselves in any other part of the series doesn't seem like something Marvel will do. We have all the players and this is a story about Vision and Wanda. All we are seeing in this next episode is how their story is getting wrapped up.

Lol, it's not a matter of positions. It's a matter of Paul Bettany coming out and saying, "Yes, the person who I said I was working alongside with was actually just me, and I was just being coy for one big joke," which you can read for yourself a mere 8 posts before this. It's not that we'll see. He said it; we saw. Let's not hype ourselves up for a nonexistent cameo from some famous character or actor. If anything, we would only get Nightmare as a second villain, but introducing a villain in the final act of a movie who hasn't been acknowledged themselves in any other part of the series doesn't seem like something Marvel will do. We have all the players and this is a story about Vision and Wanda. All we are seeing in this next episode is how their story is getting wrapped up.

Misdirection does happen. I could see a scenario in which Betanny is playing with us now, in order to savage the big reveal moment.

you don’t need to get your hopes up. Prepare for the final however you wish. As for me, I’ve already explained my POV. I’m ready to be wrong, but I think and hope there’s more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"