Who Lives & Who Dies

TonyStank1

Civilian
Reaction score
Please share yours and feel free to go into detail on how it may play out on screen.

Blackguard

This guy’s biting the dust first. Most likely gunned down by heavy ammunition Robocop style.

Bloodsport
50/50 really. He could be all sacrificial and die saving his remaining team members, but I’m leaning more towards him surviving but very wounded.

Captain Boomerang
This is gonna be a death that will probably upset a lot of fans. It’ll also be out of nowhere as well. I can picture Boomerang doing extremely well in taking out the militia with his sonic blade instruments, but an RPG from above him suddenly and tragically blowing him to ashes.

Harley Quinn
I honestly don’t see her dying in this one. I can see why some people would pick her to die a surprising death near the end, but I can’t picture it happening really.

Javelin
He’s bringing a javelin to a military compound full of soldiers with lots of fire power, he’ll probably kill like 2 or 3 militia before being shot down.

King Shark
Shark is gonna be the Groot of this movie that everyone will love. I think James Gunn knows this already and by deciding to kill him off would probably not go over all too well by fans, I think he’ll throw Shark a life preserver, least until the next one.

Mongal
She’ll make it further than a few other teammates of hers, but in the end I can see her letting go of the helicopter feet (from the trailer) only to fly right into the copter blades. Sliced and diced.

Peacemaker
I think he’s going to push a lot of his teammates away from him, due to his reckless and crazy beliefs. I think he’ll be the big death at the very end, maybe saving Bloodsport’s life, as it would be a way of finally showing respect towards his team’s leader.

Polka-Dot Man
I think he’ll live. He’ll want to die but end up a-okay. Perhaps with a better appreciation for his own mortality.

Ratcatcher 2
I think she’s a pretty good bet to make it out alive. She seems to be the movie’s heart. And seeing her and Bloodsport both alive and not resorting to saving one another like they both promised.

Rick Flag
He’ll make it to the 3rd act and then kick the bucket. Perhaps being killed by someone on this list below.

Savant
He’s most likely going to forget about his micro explosive in his skull, and when he tries to flee away from harms way on the island, BOOM.

Solsoria
I think she’ll live. But just by the skin of her teeth.

T.D.K.
He’s going to detach his arms and hit a lot of bad guys. But what if a grenade is thrown next to him and he hasn’t any arm to chuck it away? Would be pretty funny.

The Thinker
I think he’ll gain the team’s respect only to betray the team by setting Starro free and having Rick Flag shoot himself psychically with his own gun.

Weasel
Pop will go this weasel. Maybe he jumps onto the helicopter to slash at some baddies, Mongal leaps onto the feet of the copter to help him out. Weasel maybe kill the pilot in a struggle with another militia member causing the helicopter to hurl to the ground. Mongal gets chopped up and Weasel crashes in a fiery blaze.

Last edited:
Okay. I'd say Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, King Shark, and Peacemaker are 100% surviving, because they either have their own franchise, or are iconic and irreplaceable parts of the Suicide Squad.

Bloodsport is probably going to live, as he is a big name actor substituting for the Deadshot role, but its possible he might die heroically in the climax. Rick Flagg is probably going to live, and indeed normally I'd say he'd definitely live, as he fulfills an important role in the structure of the Suicide Squad. . . except they've introduced another character, Peacemaker, who can fulfill that role. I'd call it a. . . 25% chance that one of these two dies, though if one dies the other probably lives.

Everyone else? Blood. Bath. Maybe someone lives, but it could be anyone by chance. More likely everyone else dies.

Harley is definitely safe. I suppose it’s possible they could do an ambiguous “death” to provide some suspense but if they do that, I guarantee we won’t actually see a body.

I think Peacemaker and Polka-Dot Man are safe. The latter appears to be in the climax and the former has a series coming out. Even if the series is a prequel, it’s seems unlikely they would want to do more content for a character who bites it in his first appearance. And Gunn seems to really enjoy the oddity that is Polka-Dot Man (and it’s funny that a guy like that would survive so I think he lives).

Bloodsport and Rick Flag are a bit iffy; I could see either of them having a heroic death but I hope not. Bloodsport seems awesome and it looks like Gunn made Flag more of a likable character so I hope they both make it out. Plus I like both actors in most things so I’m rooting for them.

I think Ratcatcher survives. Gunn also seems to be really excited about this character and the actress so it looks like she’ll be around for the sequel.

I think King Shark makes it out just because he’s fun visually and Gunn seems to have a good working relationship with Stallone. I assume he’d want to continue that.

I also think Boomerang might survive. I think he’ll appear to die with the first team but he’ll come back towards the end and help out.

Savant is also a maybe, since Gunn has such a longstanding relationship with Rooker and they featured him in the trailer kinda prominently. But I’m leaning towards death on this one.

Everyone else is DEAD DEAD DEAD!

Well for beginners you must be god damn out of your mind if you actually think Bloodsports gonna die and leave us to watch a weeping daughter cry in after-credits. Her daughter's solo reason to exist is to become a plot armor currently.

The sacrificial guy would be Peacemaker as he is kind of a likeable a***shole, but eventually a psycho in heart. Thus totally expandable as a heroic redeem plot.

Last edited:
From what we've seen in the trailer it looks like the initial team members walking slowly in front of the America Flag are mostly all killed, with the exception of Quinn (captured) and Flagg (escaped). At the end Gunn appears to have worked his way down to a Final Five of Bloodsport, Quinn, Ratcatcher II, PD Man and King Shark.

Bloodsport and Ratcatcher II sealed their doom with their cute back and forth in the van. My guess is she sics her rats on him after he gets Starroed in the face. Then her last act before dying is to sacrifice herself to her pets. Right now I'm thinking HQ and KS will be gravely injured with their status up in the air. And the guy who wants to die will walk away from the mission unharmed.

Considering Flagg is more of a "good" aligment character compared to rest and more of a father figure to a bunch of social outcasts...I wont be surprised if he sacrifices himself to save Shark-Bloodsport-Ratcatcher-Polka from Starro at climax.

Considering Flagg is more of a "good" aligment character compared to rest and more of a father figure to a bunch of social outcasts...I wont be surprised if he sacrifices himself to save Shark-Bloodsport-Ratcatcher-Polka from Starro at climax.

The issue with that is, from a series perspective, if Flagg dies, who proceeds to fill his role in future movies? You need *someone* to be the loyal, law abiding minder and straight man, so unless you are willing to have Peacemaker step into the role? You kind of can't kill Flagg.

( Well, okay, you *could*, but you'd either be leaving a narrative mess for the next writer to fix, or else making the grievous mistake of assuming that the team of criminal supervillains doesn't actually need someone whose *not* a criminal giving them orders. . . )

The lack of marketing materials involving Jai Courtney with the rest of the primary cast except Harley does not bode well for Captain Boomerang's fate I'm afraid.

Also what are the chances Amanda Waller gets killed off? Viola Davis hasn't been mentioned in any of the critic reactions so far, and given Davis' caliber, you would think someone would've mentioned her if she played a substantial role?

Harley, Bloodsport, Polka-Dot Man, Flagg, King Shark, Peacemaker are most likely making it through the movie. Ratcatcher maybe makes it out. As for the rest, they're all goners.

Well, most of the suggestions here turned out entirely wrong LOL.

Gunn didn't play it safe at all and killed
Savant, TDK, Weasel, Blackguard, Flagg, Boomerang and Peacemaker. Even though Weasel was revealed to have survived, he was still wasted in the whole film.

Well, most of the suggestions here turned out entirely wrong LOL.

Gunn didn't play it safe at all and killed
Savant, TDK, Weasel, Blackguard, Flagg, Boomerang and Peacemaker. Even though Weasel was revealed to have survived, he was still wasted in the whole film.

Peacemaker survived as well

I didn’t expect Boomerang and Flag’s deaths to hit me the way they did. Especially Flag because I didn’t care about him at all in the first one. I felt a little bad for Polka Dot Man dying too. Everyone else’s death was highly entertaining.

I didn’t expect Boomerang and Flag’s deaths to hit me the way they did. Especially Flag because I didn’t care about him at all in the first one. I felt a little bad for Polka Dot Man dying too. Everyone else’s death was highly entertaining.
It helps that Flag this time around isn’t obsessing over saving his “possessed by evil booty shaking witch spirit” girlfriend(who thankfully Gunn made the wise decision to not bring back or bother to mention in this film) and comes across as an actual person instead of Captain exposition.

Last edited:
I liked that Bloodsport and Harley actually genuinely, un-ironically liked Flag and considered him a friend. I thought that was rather sweet.

It helps that Flag this time around isn’t obsessing over saving his “possessed by evil booty shaking witch spirit” girlfriend(who thankfully Gunn made the wise decision to not bring back or bother to mention in this film) and comes across as an actual person instead of Captain exposition.

I liked that Bloodsport and Harley actually genuinely, un-ironically liked Flag and considered him a friend. I thought that was rather sweet.

Yeah, one thing I was so glad to see was that there was no jockeying over who should be “the leader” between Flag and Bloodsport. They were genuine friends and respected each other’s abilities. I would have liked to see even more camaraderie there but what we got was good. Shame Flag died; I was really rooting for him in this movie as opposed to not caring one bit about him in the first one

I agree. I personally never bought into that Enchantress/Flagg relationship in the first movie. It was so poorly thought out.

Secondly, there's a bit of inconsistency. Like in the first movie, Waller set up Flagg and Enchantress' host. Flagg also saw Waller murder her whole team in front of them both, and he didn't even really blink an eye. He already knew Waller was a rotten individual but went along with it anyway because he was that desperate to save his girlfriend. Not to mention, Waller basically set them up to become a romantic item because she wanted to use that as a bargaining chip against Flagg to make him easier to manipulate, which she did.

But yeah, the fact there was no macho male rivalry BS between Flagg and Bloodsport made that relationship better to me. Plus with them already doing that with Bloodsport and Peacemaker, it would've been redundant.

I really thought for sure Savant would survive since it was Rooker playing the character.

Last edited:
I really thought for sure Savant would survive since it was Rooker playing the character.
But isn't GOTG the only Gunn film that Rooker's character survived? I knew his ass was dead meat as revenge for him murdering the bird in the opening scene. I wasn't expecting a bird to come and snack on his remains but that was a nice touch, especially since this movie was kind of mean to birds overall between that and the military lighting the president's birdcage on fire for...reasons?

Who do ya’ll think had the best death? I would say…

Funniest Death: Luna

Most Cathartic Death: The Thinker

Saddest Death: Flag/Polka-Dot Man (tie)

Most Gruesome Death: That person in the lab who had been “Starroed” and you see what happened to their face underneath

I also have to give a shout-out to Gunn for Mongal’s death, which I think might have been poking fun at the first movie for its overabundance of helicopter crashes.

Most Gruesome Death: That person in the lab who had been “Starroed” and you see what happened to their face underneath

I also have to give a shout-out to Gunn for Mongal’s death, which I think might have been poking fun at the first movie for its overabundance of helicopter crashes.

Weasel had had me in bits. Lawd have mercy

Funniest Death: Weasel (even though he wasn't technically dead, him drowning and then the end scene of him waking up and scurrying off into the jungle had me in stitches)

Most Cathartic Death: Peacemaker (again, he wasn't technically dead either but I was just relieved that Bloodsport showed up in time to save Ratcatcher and avenge Flag)

Saddest Death: Flag, with Boomerang coming in second since he was one of the few characters that I did like from the first movie

Most Gruesome Death: Probably a tie between Blackguard getting his face blown off and Savant's head exploding

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"