Sequels Who should direct Spider-Man 4?

Gamma Goliath

Engine of Destruction
Reaction score
Kevin Fiege and Amy pascal confirmed they are moving forward with Spider-Man 4, who should Direct the next installment or possibly the next Trilogy?

Mr Raimi also has my vote.

His Spidey prowess, added to the fact that he could also use other heroes/villains in the Marvel toybox would make for an exciting 4.

Personally I'd get some new blood to the franchise. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they considered someone like Drew Goddard for the job. He was kind of in the mix with marvel and Sony back before homecoming. And of course Daredevil.

Last edited:
My dream picks would be Damien Chazelle (La La Land, Whiplash), Spike Jonze (Her), Noah Baumbach (Frances Ha, Marriage Story), or Greta Gerwig (Ladybird).

Last edited:
If they go with a Kraven The Hunter film I'd love to see Sam Hargrave(Extraction) direct the next Spidey instalment. He's a big time stunt coordinator and has worked on several MCU projects with the Russo's. He does however have several projects in the works so that might be off the table.

If they include Daredevil and Kingpin in the next one, then yes, Drew Goddard would be a good choice.

Unfortunately, most of the directors I know are old school guys from back in the day.:funny:.

Cameron Crowe could have made a great Spiderman film 20 years ago, particularly, with an older college to grad school aged Peter.

Cary Joji Fukunaga ( No Time To Die, IT) would be a choice I would consider.

I'd also consider Travis Knight as well. I think he and Goddard are my top 2 picks right now.

Last edited:
The Russo Brothers. Before No Way Home, I felt they had the best handle on the character.

Kevin Fiege and Amy pascal confirmed they are moving forward with Spider-Man 4, who should Direct the next installment or possibly the next Trilogy?

Honestly, if you want my opinion, Jon Watts is a great choice to direct the next spider-man movie. He HAS Talent and i know he could do a good job since he finally gave us the Peter Parker we wanted in No Way Home so, if the next movie is more sad and less funny, he should realize it

I'd want someone who can really lean into the new street-level setting and make it wholly distinct from what came before. Leigh Whannell [Upgrade, The Invisible Man] could be great. Jeff Nichols [Mud, Midnight Special], Alma Har'El [Honey Boy], Michael Sarnoski [Pig] also come to mind.

A dream would be the Safdie Brothers [Good Time, Uncut Gems] but that seems very unlikely. Their masterful depiction of immersive, high-stress urban crime stories would be perfect for Peter in this era.

I personally wouldn't want them the lean too much into the street level aspect, I know spider-man blends between both street level and more disaster level threats. So a happy medium would be nice. TASM felt that way but the execution wasn't all there. I wouldn't mind smaller stories that snowball into bigger conflicts could work well.

After seeing Ghostbusters afterlife, Jason Reitman (Juno) would be my choice to direct Spiderman 4.

Given the box office of NWH, surely it'll just go to the same director ? Studio's will look at the money and just go 'print me some more'.....

I would vote for Anthony and Joseph Russo, since they directed Infinity War and Endgame

Jon Favreau
Gimme that Happy trilogy Iron Man was denied.

I personally wouldn't want them the lean too much into the street level aspect, I know spider-man blends between both street level and more disaster level threats. So a happy medium would be nice. TASM felt that way but the execution wasn't all there. I wouldn't mind smaller stories that snowball into bigger conflicts could work well.
Spider-Man 2 had that as well.

I say let Sam Raimi make a Tom Holland Spider-Man film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"